Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin: To C Or Not to C

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Huh? When did I say anything about bat attitude?
All I said was he is making $10.5 million and that accounts for the 'danger' play i.e. the s*** defence that plays in front of him.

So when was prince's "attitude" ever questioned? Last time was the " relax" episode as far as I know.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
So when was prince's "attitude" ever questioned? Last time was the " relax" episode as far as I know.
Again, I personally made no mention of him having attitude problems... That said, there was the 'relax' media event (for some reason always reminds me of Allen Iverson "Practice??"), and I'm sure there were people questioning his attitude last season as well when he had the early season issues which weren't diagnosed by a doctor. All those details were all very weird and I'm sure there were comments.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I saw plenty of that on AC and mostly from franco media. They made a mountain out of a molehill when they kept harping on how Price had not saluted the crowd at the end of one of the games the Habs had won.

There was also the Winter Classic game where he seemed happy about the game they lost. He kept saying they had a great game for fan experience (with a smug) and people bashed him hard because he was grinning. He should have been unhappy because the team lost

Reactions: PhysicX

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I saw plenty of that on AC and mostly from franco media. They made a mountain out of a molehill when they kept harping on how Price had not saluted the crowd at the end of one of the games the Habs had won.
That's a sign of the Franco media idiocy, not that Price has a bad attitude.

Lumping him in with lazy players like Max and Drouin is silly. He did have his moments, sure, but he's not close to 67 or Drouin.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yeah. I only want him to come when he’s ready to play a top 6 role on the team. God knows if the kid is decent defensively he’s gonna end up hemmed into our zone on every dzone start with two scrubs at wing while Golden Boy drouin gets all the favorable linemates ice time and zone starts lol I wouldn’t be suprised whatsoever if this is how we end up developing him if we bring him too early
Why call Drouin Golden Boy??........is he gonna be the next DD at HF??

Offensive guys get offensive starts, that’s the way it works.....I don't get the hate on

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Who do you expect to produce more next year, Drouin or Galchenyuk?
I don’t know how this answers my “Golden Boy” question??

I don’t know really....I’m thinking Drouin, but it depends how Galchenyuk gets utilized (PP, 1st line?, is Keller a linemate?, health?)

How about you?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I don’t know how this answers my “Golden Boy” question??

I don’t know really....I’m thinking Drouin, but it depends how Galchenyuk gets utilized (PP, 1st line?, is Keller a linemate?, health?)

How about you?

If they're both healthy, then Galchenyuk. He's the more talented player.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Drouin is more talented than Galchenyuk in pretty much every capacity. Skating? Not close. Hands? Not close. Vision/Passing? Not close. Only thing AG might have the edge in is with his shot, and even then AG can't get it off in traffic so it's overrated.
Only thing is Chucky has more work ethic, can Drouin be bothered to turn up and actually perform to his ability, I’m doubting it

Reactions: HOPE

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If they're both healthy, then Galchenyuk. He's the more talented player.
That’s fair.....it can definitely happen....but to say galchenyuk is more talented...????

Vision, skating and IQ is Drouin hands down. Galchenyuk has the shot.....we’ll see

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Based on what exactly?

Passing and shooting ability.

Drouin just played an entire season on the 1st line and only got 46 points in 77 games.

Galchenyuk has always produced at a higher pace since his rookie campaign, in spite of always having his spot in the lineup evolve regularly, and having fewer minutes per game.

Heck, Galchenyuk produced more last year (51 points in 82 games) with fewer minutes per game, lesser line mates, evolving line mates, etc.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Passing and shooting ability.

Drouin just played an entire season on the 1st line and only got 46 points in 77 games.

Galchenyuk has always produced at a higher pace since his rookie campaign, in spite of always having his spot in the lineup evolve regularly, and having fewer minutes per game.

Heck, Galchenyuk produced more last year (51 points in 82 games) with fewer minutes per game, lesser line mates, evolving line mates, etc.
That's odd...

The only part of his game where I think Galchenyuk is clearly better than Drouin is in shooting...and really, it's only as it relates to his one-timer.

Galchenyuk's shooting mechanics are bad, his skating is average at best, his ability to make plays while skating holds him back...passing? I don't think he has the vision that Drouin has.

I mean, you can like Galchenyuk more than Drouin...that's fair.

But to say he's more talented? Sorry...I don't see it.

Take away Galchenyuk's one-timer (which is terribly inconsistent because of his accuracy/poor shooting mechanics) and i'm not quite sure what he is as a player.

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
That's odd...

The only part of his game where I think Galchenyuk is clearly better than Drouin is in shooting...and really, it's only as it relates to his one-timer.

Galchenyuk's shooting mechanics are bad, his skating is average at best, his ability to make plays while skating holds him back...passing? I don't think he has the vision that Drouin has.

I mean, you can like Galchenyuk more than Drouin...that's fair.

But to say he's more talented? Sorry...I don't see it.

Take away Galchenyuk's one-timer (which is terribly inconsistent because of his accuracy/poor shooting mechanics) and i'm not quite sure what he is as a player.

Galchenyuk had 32 assists last year playing irregular minutes with irregular linemates. The idea that he has no vision is a fabrication of local fans, a cope to lessen the pain of his loss.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Galchenyuk had 32 assists last year playing irregular minutes with irregular linemates. The idea that he has no vision is a fabrication of local fans, a cope to lessen the pain of his loss.
Statisticians around the league hand out assists like Halloween candy. Galchenyuk has always had limited vision on the ice. He's not a great playmaker and has no higher gear when it comes to his skating. These are all things that the Habs could have worked with him to improve on, but between the kid's meddling hockey dad and the Habs' inept coaching and development strategy, he never had a chance to become anything more than what we've already seen.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Drouin is the only center that has 0 chemistry with Pacioretty in the last 6-7 years.

Galchenyuk, Danault, Plekanec, DD, Gomez all had success with Pacioretty. I wonder why the so-talentend and great passer Drouin is struggling with Pacioretty.

To be honest.. raw talent I'm not sure who's more talented between Galchenyuk or Drouin but I still think Galchenyuk is more effective offensively than Drouin.

Reactions: Bryson

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Sorry...I think it's very simplistic to just look at assists as a ways to confirm a player's vision or playmaking ability.

Galchenyuk's a shooter...i've never thought of him as a set-up guy. He's mainly a finisher.

I don't need to lessen the pain of his loss either...

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Drouin is more talented than Galchenyuk in pretty much every capacity. Skating? Not close. Hands? Not close. Vision/Passing? Not close. Only thing AG might have the edge in is with his shot, and even then AG can't get it off in traffic so it's overrated.

All the tools and no toolbox. No brains and no heart stuck up pre-madonna. I hear that Peanut is looking to make a bet on who will have the better season, Drouin or Galchenyuk? But all of the Drouin supporters are too chicken shit to put their money where their mouth is lmao.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
All the tools and no toolbox. No brains and no heart stuck up pre-madonna. I hear that Peanut is looking to make a bet on who will have the better season, Drouin or Galchenyuk? But all of the Drouin supporters are too chicken **** to put their money where their mouth is lmao.
AKA "Habs fans"???

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
AKA "Habs fans"???

Were you a Plekanec supporter?

I'm a Habs fan but I don't necessarily support all Habs players. Until Drouin proves that he can play with heart for us, I won't be one of his "supporters". I gave him a chance, I liked him in TB but I obviously didn't know him well enough until I saw him play for us.

I won't support lazy players and cheapshotters. So wasn't a fan of Shaw and Ott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad