Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin: To C Or Not to C

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It also doesn't matter if Drouin is better than Galchenyuk at everything. If he puts in absolutely no effort like last year, it's going to be pointless. You can have all the skills in the world, but if you dont compete at all, you are just wasting those talents.
Every time I watched Drouin last year all I could think of was the movie Goon and the character Xavier LaFlamme.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
As terrible as this team is ill take Drouin playing center over the black hole that is Pleks watching that black hole shut down his own line and shooting into the goalies crest is one of the things im glad Drouin doesn't do.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
Damn, Golden Boy is ranked the 244th players in yahoo, they sure don't think much of him.

HerculePoirot

Mar 9, 2012
Bruce Cassidy in an interview (In a Q&A, Bruce Cassidy talks integrating youth into the Bruins forward corps - The Boston Globe):

Q. How does the China trip complicate your decision-making?

A. It’ll be interesting. I haven’t gone through this. We’ve got the rookie camp to start [Sept. 7-10 in Buffalo], and that’s great. We’ll get a good look at these guys.

Generally if you can’t be one of the better players there, you’re probably not going to be a better player in main camp. I know that sounds simple but . . . I remember watching Pasta his first year. He was one of the better forwards. [Filip] Forsberg in Nashville. [Jonathan] Drouin in Tampa, I thought he was just OK. Well, right now he’s . . . you know, not where Forsberg and Pasta are. So there is some relevance to that.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Not to mention his primary assists have gone up every year over the last 3 seasons.

Galchenyuk had his flaws but in the right environment I am comfortable calling him a 30g-40a player. Which is unfortunate that we always have to find these things out after the players are cast away...

He has had 16 primary assists each of the past 3 years.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
As terrible as this team is ill take Drouin playing center over the black hole that is Pleks watching that black hole shut down his own line and shooting into the goalies crest is one of the things im glad Drouin doesn't do.

I disagree.. Pleks is good for the tank. Pleks #1 Center... Book IT!
Open your EYES!!! weee neeeed him!!!

I'll stop being a troll after this post :rolleyes:

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Statisticians around the league hand out assists like Halloween candy. Galchenyuk has always had limited vision on the ice. He's not a great playmaker and has no higher gear when it comes to his skating. These are all things that the Habs could have worked with him to improve on, but between the kid's meddling hockey dad and the Habs' inept coaching and development strategy, he never had a chance to become anything more than what we've already seen.
Buckle up my friend! He sure as hell will have a “chance” now. I can’t wait! You don’t think he knows he was treated like shit on our team? LMAO!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
DlsO6zTX0AY0F5N.jpg

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Is it just me, or does he look a little like Andrew Shaw, the mulleted version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad