Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So is the running theory that the pressure of montreal was too much so he stepped away from the game? I mean..that seems a tad ridiculous.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
So is the running theory that the pressure of montreal was too much so he stepped away from the game? I mean..that seems a tad ridiculous.

Kid may also have underlying issues we're not aware of...hence why even the media is leaving it alone...imagine we'll find out more this Summer, especially if he's either moved or bought out/contract terminated...

Reactions: Just Linda

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Dude bailed on the team when they were decimated with injuries, and isn't even coming back for the playoffs, someone will take him but he will never play here again. I bet the Avs would love to have him, if they can squeeze him in the cap

I’m not taking a piss out of mental illness. But if Price, Weber, or many former players left the team for the same reason Drouin has, can you imagine what the discussion around these boards would be. Mental health wouldn’t be mentioned once in those scenarios and if it was, it would be easily dismissed and redirected to their contracts, expectations, etc. I don’t get why I’m supposed to feel sorry for a multimillionaire whose had his feelings hurt over poor play if that is in fact what’s happened here. He can GTFO if he can’t handle it. Majority knew that trade sucked the day it happened.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Yzerman should spend some time in the state penitentiary for that crime of highway robbery.
Yzerman is s visionary unlike Bozovin who acquired a french speaking heartless player to please the media and buy time. Two top 4 LDs are now playing for the same team that were originally drafted by the Habs. Yet, the Habs are struggling to find top 4 LDs nowadays after Mr. WaiverBin decided to annihilate his LD with the additions of buyout Alzner, porcelain glass Schlemko and curious Joe Morrow. The LD is constantly on rotation for five years straight.

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I’m not taking a piss out of mental illness. But if Price, Weber, or many former players left the team for the same reason Drouin has, can you imagine what the discussion around these boards would be. Mental health wouldn’t be mentioned once in those scenarios and if it was, it would be easily dismissed and redirected to their contracts, expectations, etc. I don’t get why I’m supposed to feel sorry for a multimillionaire whose had his feelings hurt over poor play if that is in fact what’s happened here. He can GTFO if he can’t handle it. Majority knew that trade sucked the day it happened.

No way, and come one. Price and Weber take just as much heat as anyone, and if they had left there would be just as much shit thrown their way. 10 million dollar players leaving for 'personal reasons'? They would be torched.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't buy it. Come on guys. It has to be very serious, family side or personnal, not just some pressure bullshit.
I beleive the same. I mean thousands of players have played in montreal at this point. None of them completely walk away from the game because of some harsh articles.

Reactions: Paddyjack

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Not sure why anyone thinks Drouin is done in Montreal. I mean, I get why, but short of Seattle taking him, I think he's close to untradeable.

The deal that Washington made with Detroit around Mantha is what I think the Habs should have done. Not because Detroit would have been that excited to take him(and Stevie Y and JD have had issues) but they were ready to take contracts. We could have passed him to them and putting a decent prospect in the deal. And then we get Mantha. Not the greatest player but he is bigger and more of a goal scorer than Drouin.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
The deal that Washington made with Detroit around Mantha is what I think the Habs should have done. Not because Detroit would have been that excited to take him(and Stevie Y and JD have had issues) but they were ready to take contracts. We could have passed him to them and putting a decent prospect in the deal. And then we get Mantha. Not the greatest player but he is bigger and more of a goal scorer than Drouin.

There is no way in Hades that Yzerman would ever trade for Johnny Floaty, even if he was destroying Bargain Bin in the trade...Yzerman actually has a brain in his head and did his time already babysitting Floaty, he'd never do it again...

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

There is no way in hell Drouin ever returned Mantha. None. Decent prospect doesn't make up for it. That's a pipe dream.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
So Weber, Price, and Gally are all coming back for the playoffs. None of these guys are 100%. There's been no word on what exactly is keeping Drouin out of the lineup so all we can do is speculate as to why he isn't playing.

If it's a family issue or a mental health problem that's one thing but if he's sulking and quit on the team that's a different matter and should be addressed In the offseason.

Last edited:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
There is no way in hell Drouin ever returned Mantha. None. Decent prospect doesn't make up for it. That's a pipe dream.

The "prospect" would have to be either Suzuki or Caufield ++ in order for Yzerman to even consider taking Floaty & his bloated contract and giving us Mantha...and that would be No Bueno for us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad