Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
The "prospect" would have to be either Suzuki or Caufield ++ in order for Yzerman to even consider taking Floaty & his bloated contract and giving us Mantha...and that would be No Bueno for us...

There’s no way Yzerman would ever consider taking Drouin back. He pulled the ultimate used car salesman sale of all time when we acquired Drouin for our much better asset. He saw a guy who wanted a Cadillac all his life and sold him one that looked fine on the outside, but with a bad motor, poor mileage and slipping transmission.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Well, his impersonation of a hockey star netted him a nice 5-year contract that most actors would kill for.
decaprio.gif

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
It was more like a salary dump to get a prospect. He could always get rid of him later.

I get that, but like I said, Yzerman's not taking that dump unless there's a real sweet reason to do it, like a Caufield, and that's a terrible move by us...Yzerman's not stupid, he knows how screwed Bargain Bin is as far as Cap goes and he'd bleed Bargain Bin dry in that trade...and Yzerman also knows that he'd have as hard of a time getting rid of Floaty as we have had the last couple years...

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We don't know what happened with Drouin and how the guy is doing. I wish him well.

Nothing is going to happen with Drouin at least until the post season.

If Drouin is ready to go again, I think he is tradeable if the team wants to do that. The guy is capable of 50 plus points in a season and that is 2nd line production. Salary wise a bit high but if you eat some money then I think he is very tradeable. A team with Cap space like Seattle can fit him in easily.

With MB in charge I think an "out" is needed to save face trading him. With what has happened , and we don't know what it is, but as a catch all MB can get away with: " It's not always about hockey, or the hockey team, sometime a person is more important , so Team X got a very good deal here on a terrific hockey player, but as a person and Mr Molson agreed, it was the right thing to do".

Reactions: dcyhabs

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Because he has a history of owning Chevys, Bergevin traded a ridiculously low mileage Toyota Tundra for an older, high mileage Silverado with the aero package.

Now the check engine light is on in the Silverado, it's even flashing at Bergevin, and the long gone Tundra is just starting its career as a work truck somewhere else.

habmercy

Aug 19, 2017
The car seems fine. He was 3rd on the team in assists having played only 44 games. He still made a big contribution and the playoffs haven't started. I'm no sure he was going to win the up by himself this year so let's see how it plays out We made the playoffs and Drouin's scoring helped us get there. Not sure what the negative has been so far other than he has not lived up to some of our expectations even though he's contributed significantly.

Reactions: dcyhabs

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
dude was playing well and with anderson/suzuki, was (and still is) a top 10 5/5 line in the NHL. He cratered with his scoring drought, and seems to be mentally fragile. I hope he's getting what he needs to feel better. Bergevin's job is going to be to somehow rehabilitate this guy's rep to trade him for an equal reclamation project or have the kraken take him (wishful thinking). I'd be shocked if he retires

Reactions: WinterLion and Kojo

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Yzerman is s visionary unlike Bozovin who acquired a french speaking heartless player to please the media and buy time. Two top 4 LDs are now playing for the same team that were originally drafted by the Habs. Yet, the Habs are struggling to find top 4 LDs nowadays after Mr. WaiverBin decided to annihilate his LD with the additions of buyout Alzner, porcelain glass Schlemko and curious Joe Morrow. The LD is constantly on rotation for five years straight.

You know, it's not easy finding the right pylon

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I pray that JD makes a speedy recovery for what ever is hurting him. That being said, if he comes back to the team, I would say we got from 95% chance of losing to 99%.

sharknado

Aug 22, 2014
Yzerman is not helping us out guys...............he is still laughing at MB every day...The trade is now referred to as the Tampa Fleece!!
Somehow, the day of the trade, Stevie Y had Bergevin's jock too.

The only reason MB traded our #1 pick for a trouble maker is becuase he was French from Quebec. If he was from outside of Quebec, we would still have Sergachev.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
The only reason MB traded our #1 pick for a trouble maker is becuase he was French from Quebec. If he was from outside of Quebec, we would still have Sergachev.

Just like Gomez, "hey, if you have a player you want to get rid of the habs will give you a really good prospect so that they can take on the bad contract."

Reactions: sharknado

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Just like Gomez, "hey, if you have a player you want to get rid of the habs will give you a really good prospect so that they can take on the bad contract."
Win ,win!!

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
We need him in the lineup, regardless of what everyone is saying. His playmaking, breakout passing and defense (yes, his inzone defense was very good this year). And with him on the ice, the numbers against Toronto's top 6 slanted in our favor. Instead we have Perry-Staal-Anderson. That's not going to cut it. Hopefully he is able to return soon. Drouin-KK-Anderson looks a lot better to me with Perry as the spare forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad