Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Buddy, I don't give a **** about Drouin. Hated the trade the day it happened, go read my history if you want. Point is, COVID and what came with it has been very hard for some people, including hockey players.

But you can keep tradition and keep shitting on him just cause he's french, cause what's you do, amirite?
I don't shit on him cause he's French.

I shit on him becuase he's lazy and useless and entitled.

I got no problems with Dano and a ton of other players from Quebec.

But nice try, apologists!

( some people have problems so probably drouin has problems. He predicted the global pandemic when he walked out on the bolts. Wait was he French back then as well?

You cracked the case! Drouin in the shower! That's gonna scare trotter!

He's a bum. People who make proactive unsupported excuses for him are bum apologists.

Reactions: BLONG7

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Why would you even come back and face your teammates ever again in montreal? Left the guys to play every second night, and deal with all the shit that comes with the mounting losses because of a lack of players and injuries... yeah, you can bet nobody even wants him back.

He better not come back for the playoffs after all the hard work and misery has been done. Oh and before all you start chiming in about his 'mental health has priority' the dude has been a total flake since Tampa Bay, I'm done hearing about it.

Reactions: MasterD and BLONG7

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
To me Drouin was always very weak mentally. He's like an autistic kid, that is very awkward socially. He's like that but as a hockey player. It's obvious that the pressure to perform is very tough for him to deal with.

But I don't blame the fans, the media or anything like that because I believe every professional athlete has to live and get over that. The amount is criticisms he gets is proportional on how he performs. It wasn't any easier for Price, Koivu, Kovalev, Kostitsyn, Plekanec or PK etc. Its just more difficult for Drouin.

We still don't know why Drouin left though. It's all pure speculation at this point. Maybe he had other personally that adds to the pressure to perform and with a pandemic environment, he just can't take it anymore. I just still find it very weird that he quit after the pregame warm up.

Reactions: BLONG7

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Drouin as a habs in a nutshell goes ham for 15 first matches of the season goes invisible for the rest while being absolutely horrific defensively and takes bad penalties.

For me he's not '' a core player'' for this team at all.

Like I said , I think Drouin has played his last game as a habs.

So with a month + break, he comes back brand new and give us that 15 games at the right time? ;)

Maybe he isn’t a core player but when he is on his game he definitely makes the team better compared to having a Armia, Lekhonen or Byron in his place in the top 9.

Anderson was at its best when Drouin was playing good hockey in the first third of the season.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So with a month + break, he comes back brand new and give us that 15 games at the right time? ;)

Maybe he isn’t a core player but when he is on his game he definitely makes the team better compared to having a Armia, Lekhonen or Byron in his place in the top 9.

Anderson was at its best when Drouin was playing good hockey in the first third of the season.

The thing is, I think Anderson an Drouin produced well at the start of the year because other teams hadn't adjusted to us.

Reactions: iamtalbot

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Armia maybe...............as for the other two, did you watch the game last night? The reason the habs are going to the playoffs is because of Leks and Byron, and Evans..............when the chips were down, these guys showed up, and JD was no where to be found, and doesn't wanna talk about it..............
If he ever returns, it will be in Seattle, hopefully.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

one or no goals and a ton of secondary assists (w/ abysmal defense) does not meet the bar for " good hockey".
not sucking AS BAD as he was that the end, does not make the start "good".

And every player when they are on their game is an asset. perhaps he has never been on his game this season.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
You don't win a lot of games with intangibles.

Hey we don't score a lot but we sure have a nice amount of intangibles boys !

Reactions: Trash Man

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
And yet the Habs record in that timespan is terrible

Is that beacause of Drouin being out or Gallagher being out out? Or Gallagher and Price being out?

I can't bear to watch Droimuon's turnovers anymore. If you're the opposition, you blow on him along the wall and he hands you the puck like it's a hot potato.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Is that beacause of Drouin being out or Gallagher being out out? Or Gallagher and Price being out?

I can't bear to watch Droimuon's turnovers anymore. If you're the opposition, you blow on him along the wall and he hands you the puck like it's a hot potato.
That's besides the point. Bring all the intangibles you want, if you got nothing to show for it, it's not all that useful, is it?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That's besides the point. Bring all the intangibles you want, if you got nothing to show for it, it's not all that useful, is it?

My biggest beef with Bergevin is going for attitude over skill and talent. It's why we're so mediocre.

But while Drouin has mad skills, he doesn't have talent. His lack of hockey sense kills more offensive plays than he creates, unfortunately.

With how well lehk and Byron are playing, he's now 14th on the depth chart at forward, behind them and Caufield, Perry, and Armia.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
My biggest beef with Bergevin is going for attitude over skill and talent. It's why we're so mediocre.

But while Drouin has mad skills, he doesn't have talent. His lack of hockey sense kills more offensive plays than he creates, unfortunately.

With how well lehk and Byron are playing, he's now 14th on the depth chart at forward, behind them and Caufield, Perry, and Armia.
I don't disagree. However, whatever Drouin is dealing with at the moment might very well be enough to keep him from reaching his true potential. The mental state is so important for this game.

In any case, Drouin's place with the team is irrelevant at the moment. I'm 99% sure he's done for the year. Plus, he will probably request a trade in the summer.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
We need this guy back hungry and ready to prove it for the start of the playoffs. He could be a game changer if he plays like he always does during the first 20 games of the season

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
My son played against Drouin and Mackinnon during their draft year in Major Junior. Obviously, they were both sickly superior than everybody else. He was telling me on the weekend that Mackinnon was better only because of his silent Kill 'Em All attitude and strength and would inflict damage with almost every hit but that Drouin was superior with the puck, both stickhandling and vision but especially elusiveness. He was impossible to hit.

But he also said that Drouin was a big baby, hard on himself, hard on his teammates and always whining.

His NHL experience has not gone well at all, with more lows than highs. I'm starting to think he's done with it. Maybe not... just a feeling.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Drouin is very talented and very skill. The problem is he hasn’t realized this isn’t junior hockey anymore. You can’t just deke your way to every offensive play.

In any event, everyone will enjoy his game much better if you just accept him for what he is: a middle 6 forward.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't disagree. However, whatever Drouin is dealing with at the moment might very well be enough to keep him from reaching his true potential. The mental state is so important for this game.

In any case, Drouin's place with the team is irrelevant at the moment. I'm 99% sure he's done for the year. Plus, he will probably request a trade in the summer.
A trade would be the best for everyone....

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Drouin is very talented and very skill. The problem is he hasn’t realized this isn’t junior hockey anymore. You can’t just deke your way to every offensive play.

In any event, everyone will enjoy his game much better if you just accept him for what he is: a middle 6 forward.

NHL is hard, MTL pressure is even harder.

Drouin would do better in a less pressure market where he can play his game and not be barraged by media fans etc. Just disappear into Florida, LA , Yotes.

Mtl would do better with his departure because coaches/GM on MTL cannot stop fawning over him despite his lack of productivity.

I hate Drouin for the same reason I am hating stall usage.

Nothing drouin does , warrants the time he got, just like how stall ends up on the PP when he should be retired.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I can't enjoy watching a turnover machine. Sorry, not sorry.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Hey, Habs will get a nice third round player for him.
That's no surprise at all..........better than him sitting at home watching the games like us.
Sad and unfortunate we lost Sergachev for 10 cents on the dollar. I know people who called it, who watched him in Jr.
And, here we are...............maybe Seattle take him, and he can play a little better out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->