Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Subban raised money too and it got us Weber.

Let's gooooooo! :help:

Well the award he was nominated for was regarding humanitarian efforts. I couldn't care less about Drouin the player. If giving him the nod here and showing some appreciation encourages toffoli or Anderson or whoever to follow in his footsteps once he's gone, I'm happy with that.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Well the award he was nominated for was regarding humanitarian efforts. I couldn't care less about Drouin the player. If giving him the nod here and showing some appreciation encourages toffoli or Anderson or whoever to follow in his footsteps once he's gone, I'm happy with that.

Given the line combinations for game 1 and how the coach is selected, I wouldn't assume this organization made this nomination based on merit.

Reactions: Habs13

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Given the line combinations for game 1 and how the coach is selected, I wouldn't assume this award was given based on merit.

Maybe, though this is definitely deserved by Drouin. Lots and lots of work off ice to raise money, more than 5 millions and probably more money by now.

I hope he is gone next season, but can’t hate on that news.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Given the line combinations for game 1 and how the coach is selected, I wouldn't assume this organization made this nomination based on merit.

Do we have someone who has done more for charity on our roster or in our organization ? Honest question. It's not something I follow super closely.

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
Do we have someone who has done more for charity on our roster or in our organization ? Honest question. It's not something I follow super closely.

not for the province. Pricer does a lot but for the indigenous population. No idea about Le captain Weber.

Reactions: overlords

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I din’t like the Sergachev trade, but trading prospects is a gamble. It was entirely possible that Sergachev would have been a bust with us. It was obvious that JD had personal issues early in that he walked away from the lightning due to ego, but he proved he could play in the NHL, and Bergevin hoped that he would blossom more and sell a bunch of jerseys, seats, and beers. It didn’t work out. It wasn’t 100% stupid. I wouldn’t of traded, but I don’t own or run the Habs, and the thing is that there are other business decisions to make that a fan is not always aware of. Keeping a large segment of your fan base engaged is part of it. Our Premier just recently bemoaned that team leadership is not doing enough to secure french talent. (Without blaming Québécois players for not signing here … Vinnie Lecavelier. )

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
The fact that you didn't catch that as sarcasm is a worrying statement on the state of this board. I was responding to this post:

But it's pretty common to see that kind of insinuation go unchallenged here, so I just took it to it's logical conclusion. It does seem like it's a pretty common opinion on this site.

I’m almost 100% sure he is joking. He is making fun of a perspective that is not uncommon around here.

...I apologize; guess with the vitriol around here lately, I didn't catch the Sarcasm...it has gotten worse around here lately when it comes to the infighting between us and it's a sad thing indeed...unfortunately with Social Media now, everyone has a voice that travels and sadly the loudest voices are far too often from the lowest common denominator of Humanity...we Westerner, regardless of language or heritage or anything other superfluous differences, don't realize how good we have it and yet all we do is find any reason to fight with each other or hate each other...I've seen areas of this World that have truly been devastated by their own people as well as outsiders, simply for being different in one of any thousands of ways, and we should thank whatever God(s) you believe in that we have supposedly started to move past committing such atrocities against each other...my grandkids deserve to grow up in a better World than I did, as do we all...

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
...I apologize; guess with the vitriol around here lately, I didn't catch the Sarcasm...it has gotten worse around here lately when it comes to the infighting between us and it's a sad thing indeed...unfortunately with Social Media now, everyone has a voice that travels and sadly the loudest voices are far too often from the lowest common denominator of Humanity...we Westerner, regardless of language or heritage or anything other superfluous differences, don't realize how good we have it and yet all we do is find any reason to fight with each other or hate each other...I've seen areas of this World that have truly been devastated by their own people as well as outsiders, simply for being different in one of any thousands of ways, and we should thank whatever God(s) you believe in that we have supposedly started to move past committing such atrocities against each other...my grandkids deserve to grow up in a better World than I did, as do we all...

Your username bio says '#NO_KARACKTER' literally ridiculing the way Therrien and Bergevin speak as french canadians, and you have the balls to call out people for doing the same. You also have 'goon' as your occupation, so you must condone violence as a method to solve problems. You confuse me sometimes.

Or better yet, it's just a message board and don't take anything you read seriously, and pass that message along to your grandkids lol.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.

No harm done, I just despise the casual bigotry that so many here take for granted. I've been here too long and seen too much of it.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Reminder that Drouin has raised a lot of money for the CHUM with that golf tourney

As much as this is a good thing, there's also another side to the story.

When Subban started his fundraising after signing his big contract, no one from the Habs backed him up. He gets traded and we trade for Drouin the following year. He signs his big contract and... he starts his own fundraising backed by the Habs.

That's what I hate the most about this organization. They're always reactive to criticism. My post about the Rafael HP signing got deleted because it was probably too sarcastic to the mods but it had the same meaning: Habs signed him days after they were told they weren't getting enough Quebecois talent. It's nothing against the guy, he deserves it but the timing is so weird..

That said, I don't believe it's necessarily Bergevin's fault (about the reactive management). I would believe it comes from Molson.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's because he's french. Good things only happen to french players in Montréal.

Danault gets good linemates because he's french, Drouin was only acquired because of he's french and only got this award because he's french.

Every french member of this organization had his job because he's french because there is no way any team would employ stupid frenchies.

Bring back the Maroons, no frenchies allowed!

Edit: I cannot frigging believe that some people thought this could be anything less than sarcasm. I'm exaggerating (and barely at that) a seemingly common attitude around here, but I guess this probably reflects what these people are thinking anyway.

I didn't say Drouin got nominated because he's French. I said I can't assume it's based on merit. I'm not sure what it was based on, butbif not merit, I wasn't thinking because he is French.

In the examples I cited where our organization doesn't make decisions based on merit, I first mentioned the lineup decisions for game 1. Romanov, Caufield, and KK are not sottingnfor French players. They're sitting for Staal, Merrill, and another less deserving forward than Caufield. Has nothing to do with ethnicity. It's a bad decision based on senority.

In the 2nd example I voted it does have to do with ethnicity. There is an explicit organizational policy to not hire the coach with the most merit period. It's to hire the coach with the most merit among Francophone candidates. That's not merit. merit, is selecting the coach with the highest merit, regardless of linguistic background.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Your username bio says '#NO_KARACKTER' literally ridiculing the way Therrien and Bergevin speak as french canadians, and you have the balls to call out people for doing the same. You also have 'goon' as your occupation, so you must condone violence as a method to solve problems. You confuse me sometimes.

Or better yet, it's just a message board and don't take anything you read seriously, and pass that message along to your grandkids lol.

...I confuse myself more often than not...retirement has left me with WAAAAY too much time on my hands...:laugh:

No harm done, I just despise the casual bigotry that so many here take for granted. I've been here too long and seen too much of it.

Yeah, I've seen waaay too much of it myself, on both sides, since the mid-to-late 90's when I was living in Quebec...just don't get how soo many people want to waste all their energy on vitriol & hate when there's so much more to Life...it's like the whole damn Planet fluctuates between Snowflakes & Bigots and nothing in between...sad state of affairs...

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
As much as this is a good thing, there's also another side to the story.

When Subban started his fundraising after signing his big contract, no one from the Habs backed him up. He gets traded and we trade for Drouin the following year. He signs his big contract and... he starts his own fundraising backed by the Habs.

That's what I hate the most about this organization. They're always reactive to criticism. My post about the Rafael HP signing got deleted because it was probably too sarcastic to the mods but it had the same meaning: Habs signed him days after they were told they weren't getting enough Quebecois talent. It's nothing against the guy, he deserves it but the timing is so weird..

That said, I don't believe it's necessarily Bergevin's fault (about the reactive management). I would believe it comes from Molson.
You are correct this is on molson , in fact I blame all on him . He head of command and there lies the blame. If any issues come from mb (which many do) then it’s on the man that put him there and kept him there for so long

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

ghost85875

Apr 9, 2021
What the heck, it seems like he's not going to play in the playoffs even if it's the Stanley cup.

What's happening with him?

We sure could use his offense.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
What the heck, it seems like he's not going to play in the playoffs even if it's the Stanley cup.

What's happening with him?

We sure could use his offense.

If there are personal issues they are bigger than playoffs.

I do think he could help set up plays but at end of the day it is what it is. Hopefully he comes back with clear head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad