Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Inside info on the fact that Drouin isn't coming back at all this season?
I thought you were talking about next season. Even then, Drouin could recover in time to participate in the playoffs if we don't get swept in 4 games. Depending on how bad his injury is.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The official announcement was that Drouin took an indefinite leave of absence for personal reasons. He's not injured physically and he won't play in the playoffs.

Chance are he won't play again in the NHL really.

Indefinite means the length is not determined as of now, not infinite.

I wish it were infinite. But he'll be back.

Reactions: Kojo

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Indefinite means the length is not determined as of now, not infinite.

I wish it were infinite. But he'll be back.

Usually when indefinite is used, it means "for a very long time, be we don't know how long".

And the Habs already said he wasn't going to come back for the playoffs, so the indefinite has a minimum time frame, they just don't know the maximum part.

Reactions: DAChampion

TheHabs BruinRipper

Mar 4, 2015
ontario
Drouin makes 67K a game...more than most individuals make in a year.
Stress? Pressure ? give me a break.
Most people stress with their mortgages, bills, finances, have stress within their work environments...
Drouin? He is playing hockey FFS. He is a multi-millionaire. He is gifted, talented, but no desire or heart.

I have no sympathy for Drouin, none.
He abandoned his teammates during a crucial drive to make the playoffs. Unforgivable.
Most players on this team have played with injuries, still do. Remember Gainey playing with two separated shoulders in the playoffs giving body checks... I do.
Trade him and lets move on.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Usually when indefinite is used, it means "for a very long time, be we don't know how long".

And the Habs already said he wasn't going to come back for the playoffs, so the indefinite has a minimum time frame, they just don't know the maximum part.

It could be a substance abuse problem. It could be anything.

But, I hadn't heard he wasn't coming back for the playoffs, good to know. Do you have a link confirming this?

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Most people stress with their mortgages, bills, finances, have stress within their work environments...
Drouin? He is playing hockey FFS. He is a multi-millionaire. He is gifted, talented, but no desire or heart.

He abandoned his teammates during a crucial drive to make the playoffs. Unforgivable.
Most players on this team have played with injuries, still do. Remember Gainey playing with two separated shoulders in the playoffs giving body checks... I do.
Drouin is dead to me. Trade him and lets move on.

:nono:

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

This team has been in a self induced funk for decades.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal

I think this post evokes a lot that is wrong with the NHL:
-players are well paid so they don't deserve rights, choice, sympathy
-players should put the game and the playoffs ahead of long term personal health and family
-previous guys did crazy stuff so today's players should too, even if they know better
-it's OK to bash players publicly on social media or if you run into them

Players are highly paid but many/most destroy their physical and mental health. A majority blow the money fast and end up in bad shape. GMs, coaches, and media choose to go into a public role, though some are certainly surprised at how public it can be, Julien had a heart attack, Ducharme looks like he might, soon. It's not an easy role and even the worst players are among the thousand or so best players there are. I'm not top thousand in the world at anything, and I doubt many posters here are, either. Getting to that level is not easy. Dumping on guys who got there for not doing enough is not very perceptive.

Probably the worst part of hockey is the "code." It's OK to intentionally injure players and target injured players to the extent that teams no longer announce injuries. It's OK to do pretty much anything that does not get in the way of big fighting guys with non-hockey physiques beating up the people more focused on playing. I'm still waiting for basketball to bring in a bunch of tall boxers who can mostly keep up so that they can injure opposing stars and fight with similar players. Unfortunately the code extends to the refs and the "DOPS" so there really is no player safety. Most players end up with multiple concussions and painkiller addictions. The fighting guys end up the same but with damaged hands.

You think you have a stressful job? Many people consider public speaking more stressful than pretty much anything else. Players have to play in front of huge crowds and face the media after. It's easy after a win, but being grilled after a loss, where players bled on the ice and where, at least with this team, you can see the team doesn't understand why they have good days and bad days, it's pretty horrible. The players need to develop confidence in themselves and in a system that they clearly don't completely understand, all while being told that they are bad, lazy people.

It's completely OK to bash owners. They did little to get where they are, they have the money and power to have some control over their media presence, and they are rarely concussed. My job is stressful but unlike players I rarely have my boss or clients yelling at me that I'm lazy about a job that I'm clearly good at and I'm not risking serious injuries and concussions daily. I have all my teeth. Cut the players some slack even if they are getting paid now. You think NHLers are paid too much? Unionize like they are and demand the money you are owed, just like everyone else players got peanuts without a union and now that they have a union others whine it's not fair what they get paid instead of imitating them, and getting a reasonable share.

TheHabs BruinRipper

Mar 4, 2015
ontario
I think this post evokes a lot that is wrong with the NHL:
-players are well paid so they don't deserve rights, choice, sympathy
-players should put the game and the playoffs ahead of long term personal health and family
-previous guys did crazy stuff so today's players should too, even if they know better
-it's OK to bash players publicly on social media or if you run into them

Players are highly paid but many/most destroy their physical and mental health. A majority blow the money fast and end up in bad shape. GMs, coaches, and media choose to go into a public role, though some are certainly surprised at how public it can be, Julien had a heart attack, Ducharme looks like he might, soon. It's not an easy role and even the worst players are among the thousand or so best players there are. I'm not top thousand in the world at anything, and I doubt many posters here are, either. Getting to that level is not easy. Dumping on guys who got there for not doing enough is not very perceptive.

Probably the worst part of hockey is the "code." It's OK to intentionally injure players and target injured players to the extent that teams no longer announce injuries. It's OK to do pretty much anything that does not get in the way of big fighting guys with non-hockey physiques beating up the people more focused on playing. I'm still waiting for basketball to bring in a bunch of tall boxers who can mostly keep up so that they can injure opposing stars and fight with similar players. Unfortunately the code extends to the refs and the "DOPS" so there really is no player safety. Most players end up with multiple concussions and painkiller addictions. The fighting guys end up the same but with damaged hands.

You think you have a stressful job? Many people consider public speaking more stressful than pretty much anything else. Players have to play in front of huge crowds and face the media after. It's easy after a win, but being grilled after a loss, where players bled on the ice and where, at least with this team, you can see the team doesn't understand why they have good days and bad days, it's pretty horrible. The players need to develop confidence in themselves and in a system that they clearly don't completely understand, all while being told that they are bad, lazy people.

It's completely OK to bash owners. They did little to get where they are, they have the money and power to have some control over their media presence, and they are rarely concussed. My job is stressful but unlike players I rarely have my boss or clients yelling at me that I'm lazy about a job that I'm clearly good at and I'm not risking serious injuries and concussions daily. I have all my teeth. Cut the players some slack even if they are getting paid now. You think NHLers are paid too much? Unionize like they are and demand the money you are owed, just like everyone else players got peanuts without a union and now that they have a union others whine it's not fair what they get paid instead of imitating them, and getting a reasonable share.

Agree with your post. The league has to get its act together and the awful Panarin incident and Parros desision makes your point. I personally am against players playing injured - i did not like Gainey playing with two separated shoulders and would rather put a healthy body playing defense than an injured Weber.

JD has 2 goals in 44 games. Cole Caufield has 3 goals in a few games, with nowhere the ice time of the former. To criticize him is fair play, he is talented and gifted, easily a 50-70 pts guy a year. If Drouin is injured, if his wrist is bothering him etc..he should not play and take the time to heal. I wish him well. He is still one of the best passers on the team. This team needs a healthy JD.

Owners have dropped the ball for years and have been heavily criticized. Under performing athletes are also open to criticism and scrutiny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad