Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Dr Jeckel And Mister Hyde Vibes Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
I don't understand this thread. The guy has tremendous offensive talent and sees the ice wonderfully from that point of view.

But how many times has his lazy and poor defensive play cost the team this season? How many times has the puck stayed in our zone dangerously when he's on the ice? Until he puts more effort into D he's barely a net gain. I hope he wakes up to D then we will have a special player

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I don't understand this thread. The guy has tremendous offensive talent and sees the ice wonderfully from that point of view.

But how many times has his lazy and poor defensive play cost the team this season? How many times has the puck stayed in our zone dangerously when he's on the ice? Until he puts more effort into D he's barely a net gain. I hope he wakes up to D then we will have a special player

Yes how many times ?? Please tell me . How many direct points Drouin cost us this season and how many direct points he gave us.

He is in the + side , believe me

I hope you said the same thing then when Richer, P.k Subban and Kovalev were here because we lost many games because of their mistakes and lazy plays.....but you know what...I paid to see all those players....a lot more that your perfect grinders...

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I do kinda hope we sneak into a wild card and we can unleash playoff drouin, who was a beast for tampa on their run a few years back. I think this is a player capable of elevating when the stakes are higher

I think Drouin can be at marner’s level or better. Their ceilings are similiar, it’s just a matter of reaching it.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Ever since his penalty cost us the game against the Bruins he's been playing great, coincides with the return of Weber, maybe he stared at him

In fact he played great way before that . That penalty who was more an accident than anything else erased the hell of a game he had.

He is been great since about the 7-8th games of the season

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Yes how many times ?? Please tell me . How many direct points Drouin cost us this season and how many direct points he gave us.

He is in the + side , believe me

I hope you said the same thing then when Richer, P.k Subban and Kovalev were here because we lost many games because of their mistakes and lazy plays.....but you know what...I paid to see all those players....a lot more that your perfect grinders...

Patrick Kane made this kind of play to

Reactions: Cobra Commander

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
When Nathan Mackinon was asked about his 97 points production last season, he explained that he finally felt comfortable playing in the NHL.

I find it interesting because he surpassed by far his previous individual accomplishments and it marked his arrival as one of the elite talent in the NHl after playing 5 seasons in the league.

Mackinnon played 404 games, Drouin is at 270 games. No doubt there’s an adjustment period for a young player. I think the 300-350 games mark is a good amount of games to really project what a player will be for the rest of his career.

We are finally starting to see more and more the player that Tampa Bay had drafted in 2013.

I was harsh on him last season and at the start of the season but he has been playing some amazing hockey for the past month.

Hopefully he can keep this up.

Reactions: Vachon23 and 417

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I didn't like the penalty it was very poor game management and what I'd call an unforced error. He will turn pucks over no big deal but until he gets full command of his situational play he won't make the impact he should.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Maybe his brain & ego are finally getting the place his skills need them to be? All the LaFlamme comparisons work for me :)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He's just scratching the surface of his potential. There's another gear that he can reach.
Aaaargh the infamous whole other gear theory. There isn't another gear and there never was. The difference in big games is easy to see. Players to a man are trying harder with third and even fourth efforts. Those who succeed like Mark Messier said are those who continue to play an elevated game without tightening up i.e. choking. Drouin has demonstrated that he has the ability to remain loose in high pressure game situations but it isn't another gear. Watching JD on a long shift trying to back check should be proof enough of this.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Much much better as a winger, like most of us were saying last year.

He’s replaced Pacioretty’s production and still has upside. Right now it looks like the tides have shifted on this trade, but it’s still very early for Serge.

The contract is starting to look like a steal, he’s rather comparable to Nylander in terms of production and he’s making 1.4m less per.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Much much better as a winger, like most of us were saying last year.

He’s replaced Pacioretty’s production and still has upside. Right now it looks like the tides have shifted on this trade, but it’s still very early for Serge.

The contract is starting to look like a steal, he’s rather comparable to Nylander in terms of production and he’s making 1.4m less per.
He’s a way better LW than Pacioretty is.

My prediction is that we never miss Serge. He’s a Beaulieu with better offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad