Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Dr Jeckel And Mister Hyde Vibes Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
I respect that everyone has an opinion but man not a chance in hell I would ever give drouin back for sergachev lol .I thought it was an unbelievable deal when it happened and obviously now it's only continuing to look better. I may be a tad biased because I saw the kid in Halifax (I live in NS) but from the moment I first watched him I was thinking in the back of my head ease god let this man ay got the habs .Never imagined it would happen but here we are .the best is yet to come folks He's still got another gear.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I respect that everyone has an opinion but man not a chance in hell I would ever give drouin back for sergachev lol .I thought it was an unbelievable deal when it happened and obviously now it's only continuing to look better. I may be a tad biased because I saw the kid in Halifax (I live in NS) but from the moment I first watched him I was thinking in the back of my head ease god let this man ay got the habs .Never imagined it would happen but here we are .the best is yet to come folks He's still got another gear.

We'll see how it goes, Sergachev is on pace for around 30 pts, and if we had him paired with Weber and with Brook, Juulsen, Mete, Fleury it makes our future D look so much better to have a possible top pairing LD in the system as that's going to be very hard to find. If we didn't have Drouin it would sting as losing him would mean more for Tatar, Lehkonen, Byron, Hudon. So it comes down to fixing a major hole while creating a smaller hole in that at least we have some decent wingers vs almost nothing at LD. But we'll see how the season ends up for both players.

Jul 6, 2016
We'll see how it goes, Sergachev is on pace for around 30 pts, and if we had him paired with Weber and with Brook, Juulsen, Mete, Fleury it makes our future D look so much better to have a possible top pairing LD in the system as that's going to be very hard to find. If we didn't have Drouin it would sting as losing him would mean more for Tatar, Lehkonen, Byron, Hudon. So it comes down to fixing a major hole while creating a smaller hole in that at least we have some decent wingers vs almost nothing at LD. But we'll see how the season ends up for both players.

Sergachev and Drouin are very hard to compare. Of course, one s a winger, the other a d-man. One is playing on a 1st line, the other is going between 2nd and 3rd pairing with sheltered assignments. And TB is an awesome team filled with snipers and great forwards + experimented d-men. Drouin was sent to the wolves last year by putting him at center on the 1st line. He looked bad, very bad.

So their real contribution to their respective team is kind of hard to compare.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sergachev and Drouin are very hard to compare. Of course, one s a winger, the other a d-man. One is playing on a 1st line, the other is going between 2nd and 3rd pairing with sheltered assignments. And TB is an awesome team filled with snipers and great forwards + experimented d-men. Drouin was sent to the wolves last year by putting him at center on the 1st line. He looked bad, very bad.

So their real contribution to their respective team is kind of hard to compare.

for sure but both have that high talent but can be frustrating players for their defensive mistakes, efforts at times. It just stings when you have a 19 year old LD that has one of the best seasons points wise any U-20 defensemen has had when we so badly lack a high end LD.

If Drouin continues to play well and put up points that's going to help a lot, especially if he can be counted on in the playoffs if/when this team gets there. Management will need to figure out a LD unless Brook can play there and not miss a beat as you want him to be at his best since he has such high upside.

Jul 6, 2016
for sure but both have that high talent but can be frustrating players for their defensive mistakes, efforts at times. It just stings when you have a 19 year old LD that has one of the best seasons points wise any U-20 defensemen has had when we so badly lack a high end LD.

If Drouin continues to play well and put up points that's going to help a lot, especially if he can be counted on in the playoffs if/when this team gets there. Management will need to figure out a LD unless Brook can play there and not miss a beat as you want him to be at his best since he has such high upside.

It's bad that Habs lost Sergachev in that trade. They have to draft one, or It could be very costly to get one thru a trade.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Last night exemplifies why Drouin is so frustrating to watch. You see the world class talent, speed, skill but he was a total non factor against a bottom feeding team with several injured regulars. He just doesn’t get it...yet

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Last night exemplifies why Drouin is so frustrating to watch. You see the world class talent, speed, skill but he was a total non factor against a bottom feeding team with several injured regulars. He just doesn’t get it...yet

Agree. However, I don't think this is going to change. This is the player he will alway be, hot and cold, inconsistent from game to game. We, his teammates and the organization will have to live with it. However, this is still not the most frustrating thing about Drouin. His decision-making is the real problem.

Reactions: Tyson

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
At this point, I don’t think anyone can argue we lost the Drouin - Sergachev trade. Our offense would be so much worse without him. It was a lateral move. We solved one problem to create another. I do think we got the better player though. Game breaking talents like Drouin are hard to acquire and I’m glad we got him.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
At this point, I don’t think anyone can argue we lost the Drouin - Sergachev trade. Our offense would be so much worse without him. It was a lateral move. We solved one problem to create another. I do think we got the better player though. Game breaking talents like Drouin are hard to acquire and I’m glad we got him.
I'll wait to see what happens when Sergachev is older. Dmen take longer to develop and dmen>winger.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I'll wait to see what happens when Sergachev is older. Dmen take longer to develop and dmen>winger.
Exactly. Just like we shouldn't put too much weight on a 25p half season for a rookie dman, we also shouldn't put too much weight on a goalless 11p half season as a sophomore either.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
He went to have great playoffs stats that year. Any reason why as 17 years old he was playing midget?

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016

Yes, he has improved from last year, however I find his up and down so frustrating to watch. Maybe that is JD, and I will just have to accept it.

However, I think I would attribute some of his gains to playing with Domi along with not having to learn a new position.

Jury is still out on if that trade was won or lost. Looks like its a moot point right now , as the Great shlem has pointed out, Dmen take longer to develop (typically) and are usually a greater assets to teams.

As our team looks like it should be in rebuild mode, I would rather Serg over JD personally. However as others have stated, the trade is looking less one sided vs last year so that a + :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad