Jon Cooper says Kadri goal shouldn’t have counted, but wouldn’t say why

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
Vasi makes that save and we don’t even talk about this. Both teams had 6-7 players on the ice, guy is looking for anything to help his team being down 3-1 I get it. but if that’s his team scoring he’s not opening his mouth lol

• Haha
Reactions: Insidefi

ijuka

May 14, 2016
That's not too many men.

It's not a problem if the player comes on the ice and plays the puck before the other player leaves. It's only an issue if the player who's supposed to be leaving plays the puck after the player he's subbing for already entered play.

This was a completely normal change and if you call this, you call 20 such penalties per game. And yeah, Lightning is the one who had too many men on the ice if any team had.

Reactions: Primary Assist

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
That's not too many men.

It's not a problem if the player comes on the ice and plays the puck before the other player leaves. It's only an issue if the player who's supposed to be leaving plays the puck after the player he's subbing for already entered play.

This was a completely normal change and if you call this, you call 20 such penalties per game. And yeah, Lightning is the one who had too many men on the ice if any team had.
Yes, that's why I'm saying if the leaving men are unrelated to the play, the play should be resumed.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
That's not too many men.

Ok. So if the "soon" to be leaving player doesn't touch the puck you can jump in like 30 seconds before he leaves the ice and it's ok? Your post makes zero sense.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
For those unsure, here’s why Cooper referred to the cap:

Tampa’s successes mean that their players’ (almost all home drafted or developed) value increases and it becomes very difficult to keep them. The flat cap means that a Stanley Cup champ will have engage in bloodletting every year as the price of success. It’s a real tightrope walk to keep a championship team under the cap. The league makes repeat success almost impossible.

But here they are in the SCFs yet again after managing to get everyone under the cap.

Maybe it doesn’t jive with the missed call complaint but this has weighed heavily on Cooper and JBB all year. Jes ‘splainin.

Reactions: ThunderousBolt

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Ok good. You just created a new rule for Hockey. The 5 second rule. Problem is that currently that kind of rule doesn't exist.
Yeah, but look. It's like the Brett Hull goal situation. His goal would've counted, even if his foot was off the crease.
Same with Colorado. Kadri would've scored even without the guy out of the boards.

The twist to this is that Tampa had seven men on the ice at the same time, so the penalties to both cancelled out.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
It was a missed call that lead to the game winning goal in OT that meant 1-3 in the series rather than potentially 2-2.

Which player, coach or fan on the losing end of such an event wouldn't be upset? People can say "cry babies" etc as much as they want, but to become a winner and to establish a winning culture, you have to hate losing.

I would expect Avs to react in a similar way had the roles been reversed.

Fighting for the Stanley Cup is a rollercoaster of emotions, you will experience highs and lows and there should be passion and emotions involved.

Had Cooper shrugged at this like he wouldn't care, then that would been a reason to be upset about it, not now.

Reactions: Circus86

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Yeah, but look. It's like the Brett Hull goal situation. His goal would've counted, even if his foot was off the crease.
Same with Colorado. Kadri would've scored even without the guy out of the boards.

The twist to this is that Tampa had seven men on the ice at the same time, so the penalties to both cancelled out.

I'm not a fan of either team and I actually hope the AVS win the cup. But looking at the situation objectively, Cooper kind of has a point. Tampa's players and line change has nothing to do with the game, no one participates in any way. But what if Kadri waits for his guy to come closer to the bench before jumping onto the ice? That goal never happens. That AVS player is still on the ice while Kadri touches the puck. Not at all comparable to the Tampa change.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Yes. They have before.
However, they never canceled a game because of it.

I'm not a fan of either team and I actually hope the AVS win the cup. But looking at the situation objectively, Cooper kind of has a point. Tampa's players and line change has nothing to do with the game, no one participates in any way. But what if Kadri waits for his guy to come closer to the bench before jumping onto the ice? That goal never happens. That AVS player is still on the ice while Kadri touches the puck. Not at all comparable to the Tampa change.
Yeah, but two additional players for Tampa were near the centre ice, so that negates Colorado's violation. I get your point, though. No disrespect.

Reactions: Circus86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad