Jon Cooper says Kadri goal shouldn’t have counted, but wouldn’t say why

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Except the Tampa players clearly made a legal change while the avalanche clearly didn’t. Simply being on the ice mid change is not a too many men penalty.
6 skaters were outside the 5 foot range so rule 74.1 should have gone against them too.

Reactions: Peter Puck

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
So you would just ignore the fact that Tampa had more men on the ice when Kadri scored than Colorado?

Given how often it seems to happen in the playoffs, I would have been surprised if anybody had been whistled for a penalty on that play.
Yes because there is a rule about that. A rule followed by Tampa and blatantly violated by Colorado.

6 skaters were outside the 5 foot range so rule 74.1 should have gone against them too.
I haven’t seen that angle yet, but regardless, the goal shouldn’t have counted. We can all agree on that, correct?

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Yes because there is a rule about that. A rule followed by Tampa and blatantly violated by Colorado.
Incorrect, both broke rule 74.1

I haven’t seen that angle yet, but regardless, the goal shouldn’t have counted. We can all agree on that, correct?
Thems the breaks.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Are offsetting penalties better than a GWG against you?

Asking for a friend.
Colorado has had their fare share of shit calls against us. We moved on from them. You should too. Winning teams get passed them. Just like Tampa the last few years. You get some breaks, you lose some breaks. No sense in crying about it.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Incorrect, both broke rule 74.1

Thems the breaks.
An illegal goal deciding a Stanley Cup Final game isn’t just a “them’s the breaks” moment. It’s a “the nhl drastically f***ed up” moment. And it’ll likely lead to a change in the replay rules because if there’s one thing Colorado can do, it’s cheat so blatantly that the replay rules change.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
An illegal goal deciding a Stanley Cup Final game isn’t just a “them’s the breaks” moment. It’s a “the nhl drastically f***ed up” moment. And it’ll likely lead to a change in the replay rules because if there’s one thing Colorado can do, it’s cheat so blatantly that the replay rules change.
If the replay rules didn’t change from Tampa winning last year from it, they won’t change this year. Was that break for them too last year?

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I kind of see this as the Brett Hull controversial moment. The goal by him in the 2001 Stanley Cup Finals was allowed, because the goal was in, whether his foot was in the crease or not.

It's simple. Kadri would've scored that goal, whether the sixth men near the boards was in or out.

Reactions: sandyfalkirk

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Colorado has had their fare share of shit calls against us. We moved on from them. You should too. Winning teams get passed them. Just like Tampa the last few years. You get some breaks, you lose some breaks. No sense in crying about it.

The fewer shit calls in sports the better...no matter who is benefitting from them.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
On Sportsnet they showed that it wasn't the issue with the Avs having too many men but rather Kadri making an early change. That argument makes way more sense.

The MacKinnon still being on the ice thing is a different issue that isn't really related to the goal.

It's Kadri flying onto the ice too early and taking the pass in stride right off the bench.

Reactions: ThunderousBolt

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Shots were 11-3 in OT. One team wanted it, the other is fussing about missed calls.

Show me where in the rulebook it says "A penalty will be called for _____ infraction (unless it's deemed the team committing the violation wants it more".

I'll wait.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Show me where in the rulebook it says "____ penalty will be called for _____ infraction (unless it's deemed they want it more".

I'll wait.
1655966810958.png

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille