Jokerit Helsinki 2014/15 Season Talk - Part II [MOD WARNING #439]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
If that football guy was in last Jokerit game, it was bad luck as it was worst game in long time after the break. Specially Dinamo was bad.
It was that bad game and I wouldn't put much value to soccer guy's words as the sport worlds are different and it was just one game. Jokerit's (and SKAs) style is closer to North American style. Though that Chelsea guy had some good points and Jokerit marketing should take a note. For example music doesn't have to be so loud and get rid of those kiss cams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Wirtanen played great first game. Important signing.

Edit. for example won 14 faceoffs out of 15 + the goal

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
@jokerithc 42m42 minutes ago
Hey @KHL_MedvescakZG, we're coming over with Santa! See you soon! #Jokerit #KHLfi
10809520_300430700148467_1550884392_n.jpg

Anybody to give us a context, details?

Kennel

Aug 17, 2012
Hey @KHL_MedvescakZG, we're coming over with Santa! See you soon! #Jokerit #KHLfi

Christmas tourism is a huge thing for Northern Finland so I guess they're targeting Croatian market.

loppa*

When was the last time that Jokerit sold out a home game like last night?

LOL, if Santa's on their side then the opposing team stands no chance. XD

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Christmas tourism is a huge thing for Northern Finland so I guess they're targeting Croatian market.

Don't get your hopes up if you are counting on croatian tourists. 3 day trip to Rovaniemi and Laponija (or Lappland in english as I read from wiki) costs around 900€ per person and average monthly salary in Zagreb is around that figure... I think this was just PR thing for the kids, maybe Santa goes to children's hospital and gives a few pucks, maybe with people from finnish embassy and some donation will be made, there was some kind of dinner few days ago for managers and investors.

Medo

Oct 26, 2011

Its part of the wider package. Santa, hockey game and meeting of Finnish and Croatian entrepreneurs in organisation of Croatian Chamber of Economy and Finnish embassy.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I hate that Jere is gone.. I just like him as a player. Very emotional guy.. Old school player. Him leavin hurts my feelings more than the team. For the team's sake, its not that big setback, as to me personally.

It was the emotions that got best of him, it feels.. He signed to HV71 as part of some kind of HV-mielenosoitus.

Not sure if I should wear my Karalahti Jersey at Hartwall now.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
I hate that Jere is gone.. I just like him as a player. Very emotional guy.. Old school player. Him leavin hurts my feelings more than the team. For the team's sake, its not that big setback, as to me personally.

It was the emotions that got best of him, it feels.. He signed to HV71 as part of some kind of HV-mielenosoitus.

Not sure if I should wear my Karalahti Jersey at Hartwall now.

Weird, I always found him quite dislikable.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Karalahti is a love or hate type of strong character and obviously he wanted bigger role and now he gets 1.5 year deal and HV71 ain't paying him peanuts for sure. Even though I didn't like his game most of the season IMO Jokerit needs to sign a new dman. Depth is needed.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Karalahti is a love or hate type of strong character and obviously he wanted bigger role and now he gets 1.5 year deal and HV71 ain't paying him peanuts for sure. Even though I didn't like his game most of the season IMO Jokerit needs to sign a new dman. Depth is needed.

Kurri says team is locked.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
On a second note though, notice the start of the Video... on the seats in the airplane it says "I AM / We ARE THE JOKERIT" or something like that... before, on the forum people seemed disappointed in that. Yet this is still going on?
:D Why would they stop if few people in "Hfboards" didn't like that they mixed English and Finnish in their marketing and by the way it has only the logo with the I AM/WE ARE. The fans have also a chant of that, but in Finnish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad