Jokerit Helsinki 2014/15 Season Talk - Part II [MOD WARNING #439]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Jokerit's average attendance has been 10716 this season. Not far cry from the official target set by Roman Rotenberg before the season.

Surprising, but nice. I didn't expect this to be fair.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Flights, tickets, hotels booked. The KHL-Jokerit's game is definitely worth a visit.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Which way are you going?

Kuopio-Helsinki-Kuopio, if you meant that?

Could sit that 5,5hours in the train when going.. definitely not in hangover when coming back on sunday. And the flight tickets are cheaper than train anyway when ordered early. And the game is 3/12 Jokerit - Metallurg Novokuznetsk

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Kuopio-Helsinki-Kuopio, if you meant that?

Could sit that 5,5hours in the train when going.. definitely not in hangover when coming back in sunday. And the flight tickets are cheaper than train anyway when ordered early. And the game is 3/12 Jokerit - Metallurg Novokuznetsk

Ah, sorry. I thought you were going to visit a Jokerit away game. But now I see you are going to Helsinki from Kuopio.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Jokerit's average attendance has been 10716 this season. Not far cry from the official target set by Roman Rotenberg before the season.

Surprising, but nice. I didn't expect this to be fair.
Rotenberg didn't set anything, it was CEO Kohonen/Kurri/etc. Roman Rotenberg isn't in daily operations in Jokerit.

Good average attendance considering they haven't had much weekend games. The marketing has done great job and also with different ticket packages and discounts.

rafkon

Mar 27, 2014
Helsinki
Karlsson is still in a good shape. Shootout in the last game of the Karjala-turnaus. Good for Jokerit, bad for the Finnish NT which lost today.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Karlsson is still in a good shape. Shootout in the last game of the Karjala-turnaus. Good for Jokerit, bad for the Finnish NT which lost today.

Important home arena win for him as he has been better at road games :sarcasm:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Jokerit signs Petteri Wirtanen, deal is this year + next year

http://www.jokerit.com/wirtanen-2-vuotiseen-sopimukseen

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=4222

imagewirtanen.jpg

Last edited:

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Wirtanen is a big upgrade over McLean who gave the team nothing except winning faceoffs. Once Hagman is back we can expect something like this:

Hagman - Kapanen - Aaltonen
Huhtala - Wirtanen - Sallinen
Omark - Koukal - Moses
Harju - Hahl - Pöysti/Mäki/Ben-Amor/Rita

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
^ Is Jokerit still waiting Selänne to sign or something? That RW depth behind Aaltonen and Moses is pretty bad.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Wirtanen is a big upgrade over McLean who gave the team nothing except winning faceoffs.
Yep, McLean just couldn't produce in offense. Wirtanen isn't any scorer or playmaker but should do better than McLean. Jokerit is better team after these moves.

Edit.Wirtanen joins the team tomorrow but will not play on Sunday.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Everton's director of marketing and communications went to Jokerit and HIFK's home games and compared the experiences: http://yle.fi/urheilu/valioliiga-pa...en_meno_saattaa_olla_liikaa_joillekin/7630593

Seems to echo the sentiments some Jokerit fans have been saying at Jatkoaika lately, ie. Rotenberg is trying to copy far too much of SKA's elements into Jokerit arena and it's eliminating "the natural fan element" for some people.

WeAre

Sep 20, 2014
Everton's director of marketing and communications went to Jokerit and HIFK's home games and compared the experiences: http://yle.fi/urheilu/valioliiga-pa...en_meno_saattaa_olla_liikaa_joillekin/7630593

Seems to echo the sentiments some Jokerit fans have been saying at Jatkoaika lately, ie. Rotenberg is trying to copy far too much of SKA's elements into Jokerit arena and it's eliminating "the natural fan element" for some people.

That's not bad. I liked SKA's atmosphere. If you look at Jokerit Eteläpääty fans, there are mostly 10-12 years old fans nowdays so I don't expect from them anything.... Russians wins the fan culture compared to finland 100-0. And what comes to Hifk fan culture, it is much worse than Jokerit.

How much Slovan fans are arriving today to Hartwall Arena?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
If that football guy was in last Jokerit game, it was bad luck as it was worst game in long time after the break. Specially Dinamo was bad.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
That's not bad. I liked SKA's atmosphere. If you look at Jokerit Eteläpääty fans, there are mostly 10-12 years old fans nowdays so I don't expect from them anything.... Russians wins the fan culture compared to finland 100-0. And what comes to Hifk fan culture, it is much worse than Jokerit.

Don't expect more than 200. We were approaching 400 pieces, however were missing a couple of places in the second plane, therefore, the supporters club was forced to cancel it completely.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

The Jokerit fans who went on the trip found it to be loud but far too organized via jumbotron etc. Supposedly they couldn't hear the SKA Ultras much because they were drowned by the PA guy trying get the people to make noise. That's what the Everton guy was trying to say about HIFK, their fans or the crowd weren't constantly lead by PAs or jumbotron, it was more "natural". Eteläpääty used to be more in control of things when it came to atmosphere at Hartwall.

By the way they played the interview during yesterday's Kiekkokierros on YLE Puhe (possible during the second intermission) and it should be available at YLE Areena.

Last edited:

WeAre

Sep 20, 2014
The Jokerit fans who went on the trip found it to be loud but far too organized via jumbotron etc. Supposedly they couldn't hear the SKA Ultras much because they were drowned by the PA guy trying get the people to make noise. That's what the Everton guy was trying to say about HIFK, their fans or the crowd weren't constantly lead by PAs or jumbotron, it was more "natural". Eteläpääty used to be more in control of things when it came to atmosphere at Hartwall.

By the way they played interview during yesterday's Kiekkokierros on YLE Puhe (possible during the second intermission) and it should be available at YLE Areena.

We were in St.Peterburg watching the game so I know what it is. People there were very nice and I enjoyed the game. Talked also with Jari Litmanen :handclap: I'll go back.

"Hifk more natural" :laugh: That means that no one claps their hands and they are usually silent. Been there, seen that also. :laugh: However KHL:s fan culture beats for example Hifks 100-0.

Referees in this game :facepalm::facepalm:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
We were in St.Peterburg watching the game so I know what it is. People there were very nice and I enjoyed the game. Talked also with Jari Litmanen :handclap: I'll go back.

"Hifk more natural" :laugh: That means that no one claps their hands and they are usually silent. Been there, seen that also. :laugh: However KHL:s fan culture beats for example Hifks 100-0.

Referees in this game :facepalm::facepalm:

With IFK fans in general (might as well say Finnish fans even) it depends on the quality of the game and the TPS one certainly provided goals and entertainment so the fans were naturally more involved in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad