John Tavares

Status
Not open for further replies.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Was there something wrong with Kadri and Matthews last year? The Leafs will win nothing with this dcore and having no cap space reduces the chances improving it. Yes JT is PPG this year but how can he sustain that at his age? My UFA target would have been Karlsson this summer which addresses a real team need. Not stacking at forward to the point of cap hell and impeding the improvement of a lottery team calibre dcore.

he's 28 years old, he's in his prime. Look at ovechkin in his 30's killing it

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
A leaf fan questioning JTs worth who also has said that Laine is better than Marner is usually a good indicator that a troll is in our midst.

Reactions: unitedstars87

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
Was there something wrong with Kadri and Matthews last year? The Leafs will win nothing with this dcore and having no cap space reduces the chances improving it. Yes JT is PPG this year but how can he sustain that at his age? My UFA target would have been Karlsson this summer which addresses a real team need. Not stacking at forward to the point of cap hell and impeding the improvement of a lottery team calibre dcore.
Karlsson is the same age as Tavares and doesn't want to play for Toronto. We legit have 1A 1B centers and that's why we are contenders. When Matthews was injured who would be put 2nd line center Lindholm?

pulfordfan

Sep 28, 2017
Rjukan Norway
Great player, having a career season, thank you Kyle. So consistent, no dry spells in his game, just keeps rolling. Strong on the puck, strong in front of the net, worth every penny.

Reactions: blueberrie

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
Mr. Clutch Tavares came huge on Saturday night in a big game against the Bruins. I can’t wait to meet them in the Playoffs!

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Tavares is an elite shooter.....he needs a winger who can get him the puck....
Nylander can do that..
Kapanen's blazing speed makes him a threat with the puck but he can't make passes in the o zone like Nylander.
Plus,playing kapanen with him and having Hyman on the other side would likely result in few opportunities for tavares around the net.
( and watching hyman the last bunch of games I don't know what he's doing out there except chasing the puck)

In my opinion anyway.

great

Apr 14, 2018
I really do appreciate Tavares’ leadership in this team. I admit I thought he would be stoic towards everyone. But I consistently see him stick for his teammates through thick and thin.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Tavares is an elite shooter.....he needs a winger who can get him the puck....
Nylander can do that..
Kapanen's blazing speed makes him a threat with the puck but he can't make passes in the o zone like Nylander.
Plus,playing kapanen with him and having Hyman on the other side would likely result in few opportunities for tavares around the net.
( and watching hyman the last bunch of games I don't know what he's doing out there except chasing the puck)

In my opinion anyway.

Tavares might take on a bit more of a playmaker role if he ends up being linemates with Kapanen for any significant length of time.

I'm happy to see any line combinations if they work and the team is successful. Don't know that I see the entire current setup being long term though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad