John Tavares

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Heck of a night for Tavares. He really does bring it almost every night. You can count on him to take tough matchups and you can count on him to be there when the game is on the line. Only got here this summer but he's showing his team what it means to be a great player.

Nice backhand winner too :).

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
You know what you're getting from him almost every night. Marner too.

Nylander and Matthews show up when they want to.

I feel that a big reason for Marner success is because he plays with Tavares. His sample size away from Tavares is small but it isn’t good.

Having a superstar C who has been in the league for so long definitely helps.

Matthews is kind of stuck with his line mates. Kapanen is having his first good year and Marleau is basically looking at the end of his career. He has to make the plays all the time to generate offense on his line.

They need to put him and Nylander together.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
I was convinced Matthews would sign 8 years and be named the captain going into next season.

I’m beginning to believe it will be and should be Tavares. He shows up every night and has the right personality for the media.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
That play was so sweet starting when Marner starts wheeling theough the neutral zone and a habs player bails on going to Marner, skates like a bat out of hell for Tavares, lets Tavares go too( could have stayed on Marner in the first place) lol Tavares lost him really easily, Marner takes its right up the pipe while throwing a couple changes of directing until Tavares comes through in front of him

Then its the same Hab player Tavares beats again to get the backhand winner hahaaaa!! It was hilarious. It was #24 Daneault for the habs they owned lol

Marner slows the game down whenever he wants if players on his line are aware enough to know he is doing this. He see's the ice so well it is elite and off the charts.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaulD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad