Tribute John Tavares Discussion Thread

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
I understand the hate against Mitch right now, but I would NOT want to bet against John Tavares. He's been an elite player for far too long to be concerned about him.

Reactions: Al14 and ToneDog

Shooter14

57 years now and still hoping.
Feb 5, 2018
Is it me or does he look slower?
I've mentioned upon his signing that I didnt like due to his lack of speed, average at best. The game is getting quicker and the players coming in are getting faster and his lack of speed is starting to show more now. It will only get worse The leafs are on the hook for another 5 years of his contract, ouch!!

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Something is not right with Johnny. Put Mitch back on his wing and Nylander back with Matty as both lines not doing much offensively lately.

Reactions: Cobra777

Massew

Feb 5, 2020
Any chance that oblique injury from the world championship is still bugging him? Guy has not looked himself this year, even before the finger injury.

Papa Cherry

Nov 20, 2011
Any chance that oblique injury from the world championship is still bugging him? Guy has not looked himself this year, even before the finger injury.

Doubt it. His shot still looks strong.

It just looks like he expects to be able to do everything himself like Nylander, but he can't.

Johnny has to adjust his style.

DALLER66

Nov 17, 2019
He’s the same player he’s always been , I don’t get you guys . point per game player who can’t skate or defend. His point totals and plus minus are right on career average . Not sure if you expected him to get faster suddenly at the age of 30 and become a so called elite player .. he is overrated big time .. Mathews plus 20’.. Tavares - 10

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
I just don't see how a captain can be rolling his eyes in frustration/looking skyward/shoulders slumped after every shot that gets stopped.

Sometimes he looks at his stick too. He even changes it...that will usually fix all the close in chances at a wide open net that somehow manages to shoot out of the rink.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Something is not right with Johnny. Put Mitch back on his wing and Nylander back with Matty as both lines not doing much offensively lately.

I wonder if Matthews just prefers playing with Marner. Matty is a goal scorer and Marner is a pure playmaker. With the emergence of Nylander as a goal scorer he might eat into Matthews totals. I could be 100% off base, but it's just weird that Keefe hasn't pulled out the blender when he did it so much prior.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I get what he's saying but NHL playoffs in August is about as far from normalcy as I can imagine when I think of hockey and Canadian culture...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad