Tribute John Tavares Discussion Thread

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Your takes on Tavares are pure fan boy and based on dreams and nostalgia not reality...

Tavares a beast? 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 lololo

PPG center that got moved to the wing when playing with O'Reilly lolololol what did Captain Tavares do to protect his team after Reilly, Matthews got mugged on a regular hockey play, where Point actually looses his own balance...
Let's see;

Lmfao @ tavares he looks so scared, kinda sad...

Sorry to say but I respected even Dion Phaneuf more than Tavares as Leafs Captain...
Let alone Guy's Like Sundin, Gilmour, Clark etc

One of the worst captains in Leafs history who because of salary cap + flat cap era and NMC will handcuff team from their best chance at a stanley cup...

PPG PLAYER LOL terrible at 5 v 5 bowling pin type player, point totals highly inflated by tons of powerplay minutes at the expense of Nylander... Tavares is like a big dummy on the PP as well, as soon as he gets the puck, he'll just throw it at the net or towards a teammate and he's never been the same player after the Perry hit, plays timidly, horrible tempo setter for a Captain...

Needs gone asap or Leafs are completely f***** until his contract finally, mercifully expires, in what seems like an eternity from now...

Tavares a Beast 😁😄😆😅😂🤣😄 worst take ever!!!! lol @ Zur en arrh

Jesus lord. Try chamomile

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
When they scare Marner, he truely gets scared. Matthews ain’t far behind.

it’s nasty out there. As it should be.
Its possible they are uncomfortable.. when you are used to be getting told you are great then told you suck.. it sets you back a moment lol

That other poster though... sounded like hagel ranting

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I understand why they have a quiet lockerroom. When he speaks they all fall asleep.

Kidding. Nothing agains JT. Just dont think he was a good deal. I would have been interesting to how Toronto would have looked without him and that contract.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Fans shouldn't be upset with Tavares for living out his childhood dreams.

They should be upset at ML$E for acting like the Make A Wish Foundation and letting it happen.

Tavares came here for a reason. A shot at fulfilling a childhood fantasy of leading this team to a cup. Unfortunately it's looking more and more like that dream will remain exactly that: a dream.

It's a shame Tavares hasn't been able to show everyone WHY he deserved that shot to begin with though.

He appears to have an emotional indifference to losing. An inability to lead this team towards playoffs success has fans questioning his desire to fulfill that dream. The sad fact of the matter is that most people will never even have the opportunity to achieve their childhood fantasies.

So you would think, when given that chance on such scale as Tavares has been provided here, you would do everything you could to show everyone why you were the man chosen ahead of so many others who have the exact same dream.

Instead of looking like a passenger in trying to make your own damn fairy tale ending come true.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Fans shouldn't be upset with Tavares for living out his childhood dreams.

They should be upset at ML$E for acting like the Make A Wish Foundation and letting it happen.

Tavares came here for a reason. A shot at fulfilling a childhood fantasy of leading this team to a cup. Unfortunately it's looking more and more like that dream will remain exactly that: a dream.

It's a shame Tavares hasn't been able to show everyone WHY he deserved that shot to begin with though.

He appears to have an emotional indifference to losing. An inability to lead this team towards playoffs success has fans questioning his desire to fulfill that dream. The sad fact of the matter is that most people will never even have the opportunity to achieve their childhood fantasies.

So you would think, when given that chance on such scale as Tavares has been provided here, you would do everything you could to show everyone why you were the man chosen ahead of so many others who have the exact same dream.

Instead of looking like a passenger in trying to make your own damn fairy tale ending come true.
He was supposed to make players better, but so far he’s had the opposite effect.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
He was supposed to make players better, but so far he’s had the opposite effect.

I don’t think that’s entirely his fault. The formula they had his first season worked. Him and Marner were magic and we see everytime he and Marner play 5 on 5 they are one of the best lines in the NHL. And to be honest I thought he was one of our better players in the Tampa series.

But then you have Matthews who had a hissy fit because he wants to play with Marner. I think the organization and coaching staff rather have Marner play with Tavares but we gotta keep the golden child happy. I don’t think Tavares is the problem at all. For me when you peel it back and look at it objectively, Matthews just isn’t the greatest star player to build around. He demands too much and always leaves you wanting more. Matthews needs to start thinking about winning a championship instead of racking up numbers. Give Matthews Nylander and put Tavares back with Marner and I think our lines are balanced enough to make a deep run.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I don’t think that’s entirely his fault. The formula they had his first season worked. Him and Marner were magic and we see everytime he and Marner play 5 on 5 they are one of the best lines in the NHL. And to be honest I thought he was one of our better players in the Tampa series.

But then you have Matthews who had a hissy fit because he wants to play with Marner. I think the organization and coaching staff rather have Marner play with Tavares but we gotta keep the golden child happy. I don’t think Tavares is the problem at all. For me when you peel it back and look at it objectively, Matthews just isn’t the greatest star player to build around. He demands too much and always leaves you wanting more. Matthews needs to start thinking about winning a championship instead of racking up numbers. Give Matthews Nylander and put Tavares back with Marner and I think our lines are balanced enough to make a deep run.
It’s become apparent they were a poorly built team.

Dubas prematurely thought Matthews was a leader and would carry them in the playoffs. Clearly he hasn’t done that, however I cut him some slack because he didn’t grown up being part of a team, rather an individual trying to maximize his potential.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I wish JT could GTFO. It’s absolutely mind numbingly stupid to have 2 centres making that much on the cap. You don’t need that much tied up in 2 centers. Just a waste.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad