Sportsnet: John Shannon "ROR's value is a 2nd round pick"

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
John Shannon is the wierdest "insider". He goes from producing HNIC broadcasts to peddling rumors and trying to break news

His reports are alot of opinion and most of the news he breaks is already reported and he just adds details

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Anyone remember Harrington tweet when he said he was untradeable? The implication being you could waive him and no one would take him. LOL

Here's how you know it's crap. We'd trade 32nd overall for O'Reilly in a heartbeat, if shoe were on the other foot.

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
ROR getting traded straight up for Phil Kessel

Is there a better trade for two teams then this?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
no he definitely meant ROR is worth a 2nd round pick not even a mid 1st rounder. he also said this about Auston Mathews and Mike Babcock

I'm not seeing the comparison between these comments. How do you know that meeting went well?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Seriously, he just said on Buffalo radio that Ryan O'Reilly is worth a 2nd round draft pick in a trade. His senile reasoning, slow foot speed which in itself is bull****, he's not fast but the guy plays on the big ice internationally A LOT and is never behind the play, and his contract is almost all bonus that gets paid out each year on July 1st. To a team in financial trouble that matters but very few NHL teams right now are in that kind of financial bind.

Man is an idiot.

John Shannon, LOL.

His heart is in the right place, but on behalf of my fellow Canuck fans, someone needs to fart in this guy’s nostrils so that the pungent smell of said fart hopefully knocks some sense into him.

O’Reilly lands Buffalo a 1st, and perhaps more.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
IF by any chance, that is O’Reilly’s true value (which it isn’t, but let’s give Shannon some rope here), then the Canucks should offer Sutter, Goldobin, and a 2nd. Like right NOW.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
The OP is kind of misrepresenting what John Shannon said. He never said ROR is worth ONLY a 2nd round pick.

Here's some context -

Shannon: O'Reilly trade rumors are real

"There have been reports that the Sabres could be looking for a similar return that the Philadelphia Flyers got when they traded forward Mike Richards to the Los Angeles Kings back in 2011. That trade saw Wayne Simmonds, Brayden Schenn, and a second round pick go from the Kings to the Flyers.

While the other assets that the Sabres may inquire about are not known, Shannon believes that a second round pick for O'Reilly is fair, partly given his high salary cap hit."

I still don't necessarily agree with what Shannon says, but it should at least be in the proper context.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Whoever gets him for that price is getting one hell of a steal, unless they take on the whole contract as to which they wouldn't have the room.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
The OP is kind of misrepresenting what John Shannon said. He never said ROR is worth ONLY a 2nd round pick.

Here's some context -

Shannon: O'Reilly trade rumors are real

"There have been reports that the Sabres could be looking for a similar return that the Philadelphia Flyers got when they traded forward Mike Richards to the Los Angeles Kings back in 2011. That trade saw Wayne Simmonds, Brayden Schenn, and a second round pick go from the Kings to the Flyers.

While the other assets that the Sabres may inquire about are not known, Shannon believes that a second round pick for O'Reilly is fair, partly given his high salary cap hit."

I still don't necessarily agree with what Shannon says, but it should at least be in the proper context.

What don't you understand about this?

"It'd be difficult to sit here and say that they should get a first round pick for him because the value of a first round draft pick might be a lot higher than what Ryan O'Reilly is. One would suspect that it's a second round draft pick for me," Shannon said.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
A lot of people here will dismiss his claim but also troll the Matthews Babcock thread as well saying he is a knowledgeable insider

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad