Sportsnet: John Shannon "ROR's value is a 2nd round pick"

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Seriously, he just said on Buffalo radio that Ryan O'Reilly is worth a 2nd round draft pick in a trade. His senile reasoning, slow foot speed which in itself is bull****, he's not fast but the guy plays on the big ice internationally A LOT and is never behind the play, and his contract is almost all bonus that gets paid out each year on July 1st. To a team in financial trouble that matters but very few NHL teams right now are in that kind of financial bind.

Man is an idiot.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Seriously, he just said on Buffalo radio that Ryan O'Reilly is worth a 2nd round draft pick in a trade. His senile reasoning, slow foot speed which in itself is bull****, he's not fast but the guy plays on the big ice internationally A LOT and is never behind the play, and his contract is almost all bonus that gets paid out each year on July 1st. To a team in financial trouble that matters but very few NHL teams right now are in that kind of financial bind.

Man is an idiot.
did he mean he 2nd overall pick, maybe?

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.

Man is an idiot.
It's John Shannon. What do you expect him to say. Something intelligent?

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
lol, the same John Shannon who was rebuffed back in Jan. by Bob McKenzie's take on ROR lol.
He stated back then the ROR contract was all but unmovable, then McKenzie a day later responded to that by pointing out, the 7.5 aav is value for a player of ROR's stature as a line 1/2 center and further pointed out that past the 18/19 season the actual salary drops to 6 mil a season and that alone is highly valued by many team financial structures.

Like I said, a Rogers Communications boy, a great deal of LOL

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
A good GM never starts with the highest offer.
Start with a 3rd or 4th round pick for O'Reilly and then reluctantly agree to the 2nd like you're doing them a favor. :)
If I must. I was really hoping to keep my 3rd and 4th though. Don't need the 2nd

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Man is an idiot.
Hell...i am feeling generous...i will give you TWO 2nd round picks!:thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia