Prospect Info: Johan Larsson (2013 via trade) – '14-15: Rochester #26 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEvans14

Nov 26, 2009
Larsson and Hackett were down at Murphy's Law Monday night for the NCAA Men's National Championship game.

Pikachu

Aug 4, 2013
Hockey Hell
Johan Larsson

Is there any new info on this guy regarding whether he will be on the roster next season or not? It seems when he was first traded here, all the spotlight was on Hackett and little was told to us about Larsson; and it is still like that now.

Pikachu

Aug 4, 2013
Hockey Hell
Not sure about a whole lot of him. Someone educate me! I get the sense that he is a 2 way center and is pretty solid.

I remember reading an article about him in The Hockey News a while back when he was still a prospect for the Wild. He does sound like a pretty good player from what I remember.. I'll have to try and dig up that issue to read it again.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I remember reading an article about him in The Hockey News a while back when he was still a prospect for the Wild. He does sound like a pretty good player from what I remember.. I'll have to try and dig up that issue to read it again.

If you do, post it here. I'll look too.

TheWook

Nov 4, 2012
Rochester
Alot of us have been penciling him in as our 3C next season, likely splitting defensive duties with Kevin Porter.

Pikachu

Aug 4, 2013
Hockey Hell
If you do, post it here. I'll look too.

I'm glad I keep my old magazines around! I found it.. it was the 2013 Prospect Watch issue.

Some good quotes:

That young man is Johan Larsson, a stoic Swede who's won everywhere he's played so far in his career. He's our choice as the game's best prospect outside the top 75.

I call him The Viking, Flahr says. He's a pit bull of a kid. He's somewhat shorter in stature for a center, but he's really powerful, highly competitive and very intelligent. He's one of those guys who's always the coach's favorite because he does all the little things right and manages the puck.

He's a brick at 5-foot-11 and 198 pounds, never afraid to take the body and a feisty two-way forward who plays in all situations.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Plays a Mike Richards style of game. I'm not saying he will be as good as Mike Richards, but that`s the player he plays like.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
After Hodgson and Tropp are signed Buffalo would have 13 forwards on their 23 man roster so there would be a spot for a young kid to start the season assuming no trades.

It will be a battle between Armia, Larsson, Catenacci, and Girgensons for 1 of these forward jobs.

The feeling is all will see some time in buffalo before the season is over.

Syan Ruter

Snusmumriken
Nov 8, 2012
if he lives up to his potential...oh boy you guys are lucky! He's a capable two-way center and like someone previously said, he plays a Mike Richards-sort of game.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Larsson and Hackett were down at Murphy's Law Monday night for the NCAA Men's National Championship game.

Nice! I go there every once in a while. East and Alexander isn't exactly my crowd of people, but it's good times regardless. I've heard a few stories of Amerks going there. I know Tropp has been seen there a few times after games. One of my ex girls had some stories with him. I can't tell them on the internet. Think Tyler Seguin and Patrick Kane, and how they are with the ladies and partying.

As for Larsson...I think he has a great shot at making the team. I'm not sure he's ready for center at the NHL level, but if none are signed or traded for, then that's where he'll start. Very excited to see him play! He's our most NHL ready forward prospect, imo.

Buffalo Warlord

Jul 12, 2013
With Larsson I've heard a lot of Sami Pahlsson comparisons with his defensive capabilities.. I don't project him better than a bottom 6 forward but our team definitely lacked skill sets Larsson brings

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Hey everyone, Wild fan coming in peace.

Larsson was my favorite Wild prospect, and I was pretty bummed when I found out he was traded. I honestly think he'll become a special player in the league - he has the drive and tools to overcome almost any obstacle he comes up against in his future NHL career.

Anyways, I thought I'd share some artwork I made a while ago with you guys - feel free to do whatever you want with the images (avatars, etc).

Also, Have fun watching Larsson and Hackett develop! They have some serious potential. :cheers:

larssontrekronor3.jpg

larssontrekronor2.jpg

larssontrekronor1.jpg

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Thanks Minnesota. I think all of us are pulling for Larsson to make the team out of camp, gotta love them Swedes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad