Prospect Info: Johan Larsson (2013 via trade) – '14-15: Rochester #26 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
I thought I'd offer some information about Johan Larsson. Since I'm not only a Sabres fan, but also a Brynäs fan, I've watched Larsson closely in Sweden. I can say that it's a wierd and luxurious feeling that a favourite player in my Swedish team joins my favourite NHL-team.

My opinion on Larsson is that he's a solid two-way center who plays a very mature game considering his age. He was a huge part of Brynäs winning the Swedish championship last year. Strong on the puck and in front of the net. Not that I know how that translates to NHL where the hockey is more intense, but I'll say this: Silfverberg (Ottawa) and Järnkrok (Detroit) were the dynamic duo of that team. While I love both of them, I'd say Larsson may have the tools to handle NHL hockey better than Järnkrok (although Järnkrok could be a perfect fit for Detroit and their system).

Really excited about Larsson becoming a blue and gold!

Endless Ike

Jul 21, 2004
Seattle, WA
Johan_Gevalia_Swedish_Fika.jpg

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Really liking the idea of having him in the pipeline. Sounds exactly like the kind of player this team could use.

Criispen

Jan 14, 2013
Sweden
Real happy that we've got another Swedish prospect, although i'm not a fan of Brynäs i got to see him play last year when they played Färjestad. He looks like a solid player and it will be interesting to see him develop. :nod:

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Real happy that we've got another Swedish prospect, although i'm not a fan of Brynäs i got to see him play last year when they played Färjestad. He looks like a solid player and it will be interesting to see him develop. :nod:

He scored an amazing opening goal in the third semi-final against Färjestad. I'm guessing you and I had different feelings about that? ;)

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
For what it's worth, Regier said it'll be up to the coaches to decide if Larsson plays wing or center.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I thought I'd offer some information about Johan Larsson. Since I'm not only a Sabres fan, but also a Brynäs fan, I've watched Larsson closely in Sweden. I can say that it's a wierd and luxurious feeling that a favourite player in my Swedish team joins my favourite NHL-team.

My opinion on Larsson is that he's a solid two-way center who plays a very mature game considering his age. He was a huge part of Brynäs winning the Swedish championship last year. Strong on the puck and in front of the net. Not that I know how that translates to NHL where the hockey is more intense, but I'll say this: Silfverberg (Ottawa) and Järnkrok (Detroit) were the dynamic duo of that team. While I love both of them, I'd say Larsson may have the tools to handle NHL hockey better than Järnkrok (although Järnkrok could be a perfect fit for Detroit and their system).

I've only seen a little of Silfverberg, and none of Jarnkrok. Does Larsson compare at all to Tomas Holmstrom? Or not so much that type of park-in-front net presence?

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
I've only seen a little of Silfverberg, and none of Jarnkrok. Does Larsson compare at all to Tomas Holmstrom? Or not so much that type of park-in-front net presence?

No, not the Holmström-type. Not so much park-in-front. I mean more a type of player who is good at using his body to cover the puck and battle for it. And he was never afraid to drive to the net, although the D-men in SEL are a bit nicer. Not so many Prongers over here. :)

Ron C.

Sponsor
Jun 16, 2002
Amherst, NY
Visit site

Thank you for the background information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad