Prospect Info: Johan Larsson (2013 via trade) – '14-15: Rochester #26 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Amerks coach Cassidy already impressed by new Sabres prospect Larsson:
So far, Larsson has impressed Cassidy through three games, scoring one goal and three points.

“He’s an excellent two-way center,†the interim Americans coach said by phone this afternoon. “I would say, when you watch him play, he plays a lot older than he is. He’s very smart. He’s a kid that he thinks the game very well. He’s very good positionally. He’s got a good a good skill level. He’s probably more of a playmaker than he is a finisher. He’s very strong. He wins a lot of puck battles. He’s very well put together. He’s a guy that really helps your D corps out in terms of being able to get the puck out of your zone as centermen.â€

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Guy likes to have some fun :laugh:

image.jpg

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If that were Roy or Stafford everyone on here would say that they don't care. Haha

Looks like he's probably celebrating after winning something though, which Roy and Stafford have never really done. No one would give a damn if Roy/Staff were drunk during the games if they played well consistntly and helped the team win.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Isnt the Gold Helmet a European hockey award/recognition of some kind?

Is that really him? Doesnt look like him.

What is he drinking? I need to know to assess how much I like the kid. Cant read the label.

Looks like it was after a game, some kind of "player of the game" award. And yeah, that's his twitter avatar.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Looks like it was after a game, some kind of "player of the game" award. And yeah, that's his twitter avatar.

My assumption is that it was from his SEL days. Doesn't the SEL have each team's leading scorer wear a golden helmet like they do in Finland? His teammate Silfverberg won the league-wide Golden Helmet award for MVP last year. At any rate it could well have been from their celebration after winning the league championship.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Isnt the Gold Helmet a European hockey award/recognition of some kind?

Is that really him? Doesnt look like him.

What is he drinking? I need to know to assess how much I like the kid. Cant read the label.
It was obviously taken after Brynäs won the Elitserien championship last season.
They all wear golden helmets after winning:
thumb_460.jpg

Karate Johnson*

Looks like he's probably celebrating after winning something though, which Roy and Stafford have never really done. No one would give a damn if Roy/Staff were drunk during the games if they played well consistntly and helped the team win.

This response gives me a hofty

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
I heard that the picture was of him drinking while he took the opening face off of the last Amerks game. I also heard that he asked the equipment manager to construct a helmet fashioned after one of those beer hats. Only, one side would be a bottle of whiskey and the other a mini keg, and the straws would be sized in a way that made every sip taste like a boiler maker.

I say that we unload him now before he gets promoted to the big club and consumes every drop of alcohol in Buffalo.

Sean McG

Dec 27, 2009
Niagara on the Lake, ON
Honestly didn't know much about Larsson prior to the trade, but each passing day I like him more and more. You really don't see anyone say anything negative about his game, and he sounds like the two-way, shutdown line center that we've all been clamouring for. It's great to see how quickly he's adapted to life with the Amerks. Seems like Darcy did a nice job getting somewhat of a hidden gem, and filling a huge need with a near NHL-ready prospect - Wild fans said he almost made the team this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad