Injury Report: Joffrey Lupul: Hes baaaaaaaaaack!

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
"Let him sit for a few games or for another week just to make sure he is extra ready to go" :facepalm: some of you are too much man...the damn guy is ready to play why would he need to sit out longer for? lolz

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Very nice.

here's hoping one of the goons sits instead of frattin.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
"Let him sit for a few games or for another week just to make sure he is extra ready to go" :facepalm: some of you are too much man...the damn guy is ready to play why would he need to sit out longer for? lolz

i hear ya but dont you think its kind of strange that he is an "afternoon decision" yet its been said that he's "available" ..if hes available i agree he should be playing...this whole thing is confusing so im going to stop thinking about it:help:

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
I think "available" means cleared by the doctors.

They have said they leave it up to the player at that point.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I think "available" means cleared by the doctors.

They have said they leave it up to the player at that point.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it means. They've done that for every player that's been injured this season. Once they've been cleared to play, they leave it up to the player to decide when he feels like he's ready to play again. If I'm not mistaken, Frattin is an example where he was cleared to play after his knee clean up but he reported that he wasn't feeling ready so I think he sat for about a week before he gave the okay to play.

Lupul has said he's been feeling pretty good. Either they want to take precaution and wait until last minute or they don't want to give the media much time to toy up with talks of him making his return tonight. Either way, I hope that Lupul makes the decision that's best for his health. The team is better with him on it but he's not needed in order for the team to win so hopefully he's mindful of that and realizes that he doesn't need to rush anything. If he feels ready then throw him out there and let him get back into the swing of things.

LadyLeaf

Apr 14, 2013
Toronto
This is great news! I don't think it would be a bad idea to sit him tonight to be on the safe side. I'm happy that he'll be back in the lineup soon, either way!

Ten

Apr 25, 2007
Toronto.
It'd be one thing to rush him back, but we're not exactly doing that. He reportedly last had "concussion-like symptoms" last Tuesday, and has continued to push himself harder in each workout since without any setbacks.

I think Lupul of all people would not rush himself prematurely back into the lineup. He came back 100% after the arm injury and I would expect he plans to do the same from this one. He's said through interviews he wouldn't put the team in that position if he only felt 80%.

As far as I concerned, if he's ready put him in. We need as many Leafs firing on all cylinders going into the playoffs as we can, and if he can jumpstart the Kadri line while Kessel's stays hot, we might have a shot at home-ice advantage going in.

HocusPocus

Jul 10, 2009
I think even if he's ready they should sit him tonight just so he doesn't return on back to back games. Either way though, excited to see Lupul back in the lineup.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011

Don't be surprised if he's not in the lineup tonight.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
It'd be one thing to rush him back, but we're not exactly doing that. He reportedly last had "concussion-like symptoms" last Tuesday, and has continued to push himself harder in each workout since without any setbacks.

I think Lupul of all people would not rush himself prematurely back into the lineup. He came back 100% after the arm injury and I would expect he plans to do the same from this one. He's said through interviews he wouldn't put the team in that position if he only felt 80%.

As far as I concerned, if he's ready put him in. We need as many Leafs firing on all cylinders going into the playoffs as we can, and if he can jumpstart the Kadri line while Kessel's stays hot, we might have a shot at home-ice advantage going in.

i have no source to back this up but im pretty sure lupul himself even said his arm was not 100% when he came back, and i disagree with you saying he will not rush back..unfortunatly i think he is way too competitive to not want to play..i believe he even said he wanted to play in the same game after he got injured but the trainers would not let him play..using this logic i would not be surprised if he is in the lineup tonight ..i will say 50-50

MoeMoney

Mar 11, 2012
He sits or plays... I'm just glad he's made a speedy recovery and will be ready for some playoffs and a few games before then to get back in game shape. And the Flyers ended up missing the playoffs so we get the last laugh!

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Being an armchair GM is one thing, but you armchair neurologists are just laughable. Lupul and his doctors know the situation better than you.

Ten

Apr 25, 2007
Toronto.
i have no source to back this up but im pretty sure lupul himself even said his arm was not 100% when he came back, and i disagree with you saying he will not rush back..unfortunatly i think he is way too competitive to not want to play..i believe he even said he wanted to play in the same game after he got injured but the trainers would not let him play..using this logic i would not be surprised if he is in the lineup tonight ..i will say 50-50

If 14 points in 7 games back from the arm injury is not 100%, then I'm okay with whatever that is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad