Injury Report: Joffrey Lupul: Hes baaaaaaaaaack!

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
Takes a hit to the head by Jay Rosehill, hope he's alright.

edit 8:13pm

David Shoalts ‏@dshoalts 38s
Lupul won't be back. "Upper-body injury". Gee, you think, Leafies?

Rob Longley ‏@longleysunsport 48s
#Leafs announce Lupul injury as upper body. About as high in the upper body as you can go, we think.

MOD EDIT

@reporterchris: Randy Carlyle says Joffrey Lupul is available to play for the #leafs tonight. Decision will be made this afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoeMoney

Mar 11, 2012
Why is it always the scrubs that cause these injuries? That was a blatant headshot by two 4th liners at the same time, there better be a suspension here.

DPyro

Jun 28, 2010
Why is it always the scrubs that cause these injuries? That was a blatant headshot by two 4th liners at the same time, there better be a suspension here.
Whats the number for Shanaban?

Heisenberg Blue*

He's done. I've seen that before. One jolt from one side, in to a brick wall jolting you back the other way. His brain would have hit off his skull on both sides, at least three impacts.

Pretty clean though. The guy was a foot higher than Lupul.. he hit him with his shoulder.. and as far as I know.. no rule against hitting someone in to another player.

Sucks, but he's done for the year.

RhyZa

Jul 3, 2006
He's done. I've seen that before. One jolt from one side, in to a brick wall jolting you back the other way. His brain would have hit off his skull on both sides, at least three impacts.

Pretty clean though. The guy was a foot higher than Lupul.. he hit him with his shoulder.. and as far as I know.. no rule against hitting someone in to another player.

Thanks Doogie, I can switch the channel now.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada

Clean? He got hit in the head, that's a dirty play, we are trying to get out of the league

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
I hate it when ****ing scrubs take out a good guy like Lupul

You gotta give it to Lupul, he saw those guys coming and still took the hit to make the play, but man, I wish he would have pulled a Kessel there. It's not worth it when you have goons like that on the ice. **** them.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
I hate it when ****ing scrubs take out a good guy like Lupul

You gotta give it to Lupul, he saw those guys coming and still took the hit to make the play, but man, I wish he would have pulled a Kessel there. It's not worth it when you have goons like that on the ice. **** them.

Kessel has played every game he could have since coming off shoulder surgery when we first got him. There's something to be said for ducking hits...

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
i'm hoping it looked worse than it was, or if anything that he'll be back by playoffs.

RhyZa

Jul 3, 2006
Checked into Rosehill's shoulder. That pinball affect into a hard shoulder pad can't be good for his prognosis.

So I do agree with Doogie after all. He's likely done.

Last edited:

Kibago

Aug 15, 2010
Kessel has played every game he could have since coming off shoulder surgery when we first got him. There's something to be said for ducking hits...

Yep. Taking the hit when it means something is one thing. Taking a hit for the sake of taking a hit doesn't help.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00