Injury Report: Joffrey Lupul: Hes baaaaaaaaaack!

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
After that I would give him another week at least, maybe two just because and not for any other reason then to be safe

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Do you honestly think Joffrey is going to want to miss more time when the doctors say he's PERFECTLY FINE to play?

Look at all the things he's been through in his career... And all the time he's even missed this season... ALL the man wants to do his just play some hockey, he knows he is a big part of this team and he absolutely loves it...

LUPUL COMES BACK THE SECOND HE CAN, the man loves playing hockey way too much not to..

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Do you honestly think Joffrey is going to want to miss more time when the doctors say he's PERFECTLY FINE to play?

Look at all the things he's been through in his career... And all the time he's even missed this season... ALL the man wants to do his just play some hockey, he knows he is a big part of this team and he absolutely loves it...

LUPUL COMES BACK THE SECOND HE CAN, the man loves playing hockey way too much not to..

I bet he will be back on Thursday or Saturday.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
I'm going to the Leaf vs Islanders game on Thursday. I really hope I see him at that game!

Me too, was just thinking the same thing! My girlfriend's first NHL game, so it'll be amazing regardless, but he'd be a huge boost to the line-up, and that win could potentially get us dangerously close to clinching a playoff spot, the atmosphere should be electric.

MrLegend28*

as much as id love lupul back asap, our magic number is 2.5 with 7 games left lol. Why risk another injury? Ya bunch of what ifs but I'll play the percentages, hell the last week when we clinch we'll be resting guys anyways.

Kb21

Dec 27, 2011
Toronto
agree with most posters, we should hold him out until the playoffs. make sure he is 100% and not coming bat @ 90%. we really don't need him for the final few games.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
After missing a few weeks he is going to need a couple games to make sure he is back up to speed for the playoffs. I can't wait to see him back in the line up!

leafstilldeath*

I just hope and pray when Lups comes back he is stronger and better than he was when he came back the last time and stays healthy for a deep playoff run

Please God

:crossfing

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Who will be rested once we we clinch? Just wondering.
Same amount of people that every other team has rested?

To give a guy some rest you don't sit him out for a week, you give him one game off. I only remember teams doing that for the very last game of the season.

thunderhawk905*

agree with most posters, we should hold him out until the playoffs. make sure he is 100% and not coming bat @ 90%. we really don't need him for the final few games.

I can understand the notion of 'err on the side of caution' but if he's ready to go before the playoffs, he needs to play and I'm sure he wants to. Even if he sits out the next 3 or 4, I think it's important to get him back into the lineup and back into game mode no matter what.

Sure, it only took him one shift to score coming off the broken arm but head injuries are a different boat. Fitting in a couple games before things get really intense may be just what he needs.

MoeMoney

Mar 11, 2012

He can love it all he wants but the coaches make the decision, and the right decision is giving him another few weeks and not risking anything for the playoffs, what really matters.

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
He can love it all he wants but the coaches make the decision, and the right decision is giving him another few weeks and not risking anything for the playoffs, what really matters.

The right decision isn't to throw him in the playoffs without getting a game in.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Yes!

Good news. Even if if decides to let him sit a few more, the fact he is able to come in if really needed is great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad