Injury Report: Joffrey Lupul: Hes baaaaaaaaaack!

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
If Lupul feels he's good to go I say let him. If Lupul feels like he's good to go that's as long as he should be held out.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Definitely need lupul tonight after the garbage showing last night. Really want kadri reignited, he's been slumping since lupuls injury.

SteveV*

@MapleLeafs: -> @HennyTweets: Coach Carlyle: "there's a 50/50 chance of Joffrey Lupul playing tonight." #TMLtalk

Ya okay Randy, see you tonight Lupes!

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
He is playing fellas.

It only makes sense.

I hope Frattin-Grabo are rovers though.

JvR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Komarov-McClement-MacArthur
Frattin-Grabovski-(double shift-able winger)
McLaren

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
50/50?

sounds like something is still lingering. why not 100%?

I rather see him play at the ACC. 1 more game, who cares? we're going to clinch a playoff spot with or without him.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
@MapleLeafs: -> @HennyTweets: Coach Carlyle: "there's a 50/50 chance of Joffrey Lupul playing tonight." #TMLtalk

Ya okay Randy, see you tonight Lupes!

Why bother? If it's a 50-50 thing, just sit him out and don't have him come back unless everybody is 100% sure about Lupul, including Lupul, doctors and whoever else.

The team has basically clinched the playoff spot and there is no need to rush him back. Even if he is fully healthy and 100%, just give it another game or two to really make sure he is healthy.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
He is playing fellas.

It only makes sense.

I hope Frattin-Grabo are rovers though.

JvR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Komarov-McClement-MacArthur
Frattin-Grabovski-(double shift-able winger)
McLaren

I'd rather see:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupes-Kadri-Kule
Frattin-Grabo-Mac
Komarov-McClement-Orr/McLaren

3 scoring lines and you actually have a real 4th line that can play defense, kill penalties and maybe even do something offensively against the opposition 4th line.

Carlyle needs to start giving Grabo some more minutes at even strength, PP and even on the PK. He is still a good player defensively but they need to start get him going a bit offensively. He is still getting chances here and there but I dunno, maybe if the coach gave him some confidence, it would help. Playoff spot is all but locked up so now would be the time to give the top guys some rest.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
That doesn't make sense?

It's about making sure. Even if you think a guy is good to go, just give him a few days to really know that. How can it hurt? Even if Lupul comes back a game or two later where you are 110% sure he is healthy, there will still be a few games for him to get his legs back and get up to game speed (though its not like he has been out for that long).

SteveV*

It's about making sure. Even if you think a guy is good to go, just give him a few days to really know that. How can it hurt? Even if Lupul comes back a game or two later where you are 110% sure he is healthy, there will still be a few games for him to get his legs back and get up to game speed (though its not like he has been out for that long).

Yes, that's why he didn't play last week.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

He's played 10 freaking games now, a year when preseason was almost non existent.
As well as he's played he couldn't possibly be up to speed with the rest of the players heading into the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00