Jimmy Butler requests a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Do people actually read into Jimmy Butler doing this today? What the hell incentive would KAT/Wiggins/Teague/etc have to go full-out war against him in PRACTICE?

Jimmy Butler is a ****** cancer, there is no more proof needed than this. Forced his way out of Chicago, forcing his way out of Minnesota, I wouldn't touch this guy with a 10-foot pole.

Good on the rest of the Timberwolves players for not letting this get to them, because if someone like Rajon Rondo, Matt Barnes, Raja Bell etc were a teammate of Butlers, I'm sure there would have been a scrap on site.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Except for trash talking Ownership/Management/Head Coach, Jordan and Kobe did the exact same thing in practice when they were mad at the starters.

"Pau Gasol signed a 3 year / $48,000,000 contract with the San Antonio Spurs, including $39,500,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $16,000,000. In 2018-19, Gasol will earn a base salary of $16,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $16,000,000 and a dead cap value of ..." Pau Gasol

The owner told Thibs to trade him and Thibs is sandbagging and asking for more after deals are made. He's still using the starters 40+ minutes a game and never learned from all the Bulls injuries. He's not an adult. He needs to be demoted to head coach just like Pops does. See above.

Jordan punched teammates in practice including Steve Kerr. Kobe told Smush Parker he wasn't good enough to talk to him. He wasn't. But let a black athlete such as Serena or Butler stand up for themselves to an authority figure and they're widely criticized here. It's sad.

Butler shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence as Jordan or Kobe...

It’s not the same in any way, shape or form. You’re entire comparison to them using Butler is completely comical and irrelevant.

/ end

Reactions: Voight

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Do people actually read into Jimmy Butler doing this today? What the hell incentive would KAT/Wiggins/Teague/etc have to go full-out war against him in PRACTICE?

Jimmy Butler is a ****** cancer, there is no more proof needed than this. Forced his way out of Chicago, forcing his way out of Minnesota, I wouldn't touch this guy with a 10-foot pole.

Good on the rest of the Timberwolves players for not letting this get to them, because if someone like Rajon Rondo, Matt Barnes, Raja Bell etc were a teammate of Butlers, I'm sure there would have been a scrap on site.

KG woulda smacked him down too

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
"Am I being tough on him? Yeah, that's who am I," he said. "I'm not the most talented player on the team. Who is the most talented player on our team -- KAT. Who is the most god-gifted player on our team -- Wiggs. Who plays the hardest? Me! I play hard. I put my body (on the line) every day in practice, every day in games. That's my passion. Everybody leads in different ways. That's how I show I'm here for you."

Is he wrong? Of course not. He's completely right.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Butler is completely right but he shouldn't be the one challenging KAT and Wiggins.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Except for trash talking Ownership/Management/Head Coach, Jordan and Kobe did the exact same thing in practice when they were mad at the starters.

Because Jordan and Kobe are two of the most competitive people to ever walk this earth... both hated losing more than anybody, hence why and how they became such good crunch time players.

Butler was just doing this as a big F You to the Wolves. He wanted to make a statement and could have done it the mature way but this way was better from an entertainment perspective.

Jordan punched teammates in practice including Steve Kerr. Kobe told Smush Parker he wasn't good enough to talk to him. He wasn't. But let a black athlete such as Serena or Butler stand up for themselves to an authority figure and they're widely criticized here. It's sad.

Not sure if you aware, but Michael Jordan is black.

Reactions: CPTN71

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
"Am I being tough on him? Yeah, that's who am I," he said. "I'm not the most talented player on the team. Who is the most talented player on our team -- KAT. Who is the most god-gifted player on our team -- Wiggs. Who plays the hardest? Me! I play hard. I put my body (on the line) every day in practice, every day in games. That's my passion. Everybody leads in different ways. That's how I show I'm here for you."

Is he wrong? Of course not. He's completely right.

Butlers whole shtick is that as a late 1st round pick he had to work twice as hard as top picks like KAT & Wiggins... they dont have the same work ethic as him

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
actually hearing Butler out, can't say he's wrong.

It's a fine line between being a complete clubhouse cancer vs. trying to motivate and pull something out of uninspired players.

It's like just last week everybody was laughing at Pierre Dorion for waiving Smith in order to send a message that his performance was not good enough.
Guess who has had a hot start and had a fire lit under his ass? Zack Smith.

That being said, I don't really buy Butler's "good intention" here seeing as he's demanded a trade. It's more likely than not he's just being a self aggrandizing cancer that's trying to make sure he gets moved by Friday.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I get being upset with guys not trying hard, I've been in situations like that and I too voiced my concern with that and tried to light a fire, but I never went as far as this. The dude went full mental.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Butler's presence actually made them cancel practice and media availability. If anyone (Thibs) thought they could just avoid trading him and keep him around, it appears they were very wrong.

I wonder how KAT feels about all of this. He apparently didn't sign for a long time because he wanted Butler gone. He eventually signs after the trade demand becomes public and the owner says he'll be traded. Now, they still haven't traded him and by all accounts KAT was embarrassed by him at practice yesterday.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Jimmy Butler is not challenging KAT/Wiggins because he wants the team to be better. He's challenging them because he's pissed off that they were top picks, have all this talent while he had to struggle for his.

You really think that a player with good intentions does this ****? Calls out teammates, actively tries to get players traded, publicly demands a trade, then puts on yesterday's show? Come on. Let's have some sense here.

Jimmy Butler is a ******* cancer. There is a reason teams aren't lining up to trade for him, and won't be lining up to sign him if he hits free agency next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad