Jimmy Butler requests a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Sources: Heat pushing Wolves for Butler trade

Minnesota's preferences in a Miami deal have included center Bam Adebayo, guard Josh Richardson and a protected 2019 first-round pick, league sources said. A trade could take on a larger construction to include more players, league sources said.

Basically, the only two positive young assets the Heat have.

Wonder if this becomes a nothing burger especially if Butler does play when he's "healthy".

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
That would be just a horrible deal for Miami as a rental. If he's a shoe in to re-sign then I suppose you do it.
I'd love to see Richardson on the Wolves actually. He would take Butler's role as an energy/defensive guy but not be a ball hog diva like him.

Idk if it's been discussed much here, but there is a rumor that most of the locker room tension stems from Butler sleeping with KAT's girl.
Don't like the way Butler is carrying himself right now at all.

Reactions: Voight and ShootIt

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sources: Heat pushing Wolves for Butler trade

Minnesota's preferences in a Miami deal have included center Bam Adebayo, guard Josh Richardson and a protected 2019 first-round pick, league sources said. A trade could take on a larger construction to include more players, league sources said.

Basically, the only two positive young assets the Heat have.

Wonder if this becomes a nothing burger especially if Butler does play when he's "healthy".

Feels like both sides are trying to use the media to create some leverage and Woj has been off on the Miami side of things from the start. Maybe Miami will get desperate at some point and budge but I'd be surprised.

Bam, Richardson, a 1st round pick, and taking back Dieng? That's insane without even mentioning the fact that it wouldn't work from a cap standpoint. If the Wolves refused to take back a contract then Miami would have to use more assets to try and dump Dieng or someone else to another team.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShootIt

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Shams says teams around the league believe the Wolves are locked in on the Heat and are under the belief they're solely targeting them for a Butler trade.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Thibs must be trying to get fired with how he's handling this.

I think the only thing stopping Riley from going public and letting everyone know how he feels about Thibs is the fact that they want to add Butler with Spo reportedly pushing really hard for him. They're one of the more tight lipped organizations in the NBA and hate when things start leaking. If this was a lesser player, they would've pulled out by now.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Another week of the same old thing. I'm curious to see what happens if they don't trade him this week. There's some speculation that he might go the Kyrie route and decide to have minor surgery on his wrist (I think). Thibs would probably risk it and call his bluff but the owner might not.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Did anyone other than Thibs think Butler was just going to show up and be a model teammate?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Dude thinks he's Michael friggin Jordan :rolleyes:

And if this is true, entire rest of the team is SOFT.

Just trade him already...

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Man, what a ****ing brat. What's his problem? :laugh:
He's awesome and has no problem. He and Klay are the 2nd best SGs in the league and he took the 3rd team and whipped the garbage first team today so badly they walked off the court. The bench players were cheering him on. Before this year, the last time the Timberwolves qualified for the playoffs was in 2004. Thibs, KAT (can't play D), and Wiggins (hasn't tried since they got Butler) are all garbage. Brandon Ingram is a better player than Wiggins. Wiggins could be good if he cared, played hard, and played D, but he hasn't since they got Butler. His defensive stats are among the worst in the league. I heard an announcer openly say it on tv this pre-season, but everyone has known this since he stopped trying last season.

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
I mean, he took the worst players on the team and ran the table against the regulars. I don't think he's an angel but frustrate a man enough...
He's good enough to beat KAT and Wiggins with 11-15 guys who aren't even in the rotation and some of them don't even dress for games!

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Honestly this whole ordeal is hilarious :laugh: That sounds like something out of a movie, although I don't doubt that Woj is sensationalizing it a tad.

Reactions: CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I mean, he took the worst players on the team and ran the table against the regulars. I don't think he's an angel but frustrate a man enough...

KAT is soft and Wiggins is both soft and overrated. I'm not impressed.

I just find the entire ordeal silly. What I'd like to see is the entire organization act like adults and hash it out. Maybe this is the first step... according to Woj teammates left the building 'energized' ..... I guess we'll see.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Dude thinks he's Michael friggin Jordan :rolleyes: And if this is true, entire rest of the team is SOFT. Just trade him already...
Except for trash talking Ownership/Management/Head Coach, Jordan and Kobe did the exact same thing in practice when they were mad at the starters.

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
"Pau Gasol signed a 3 year / $48,000,000 contract with the San Antonio Spurs, including $39,500,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $16,000,000. In 2018-19, Gasol will earn a base salary of $16,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $16,000,000 and a dead cap value of ..." Pau Gasol

KAT is soft and Wiggins is both soft and overrated. I'm not impressed. I just find the entire ordeal silly. What I'd like to see is the entire organization act like adults and hash it out. Maybe this is the first step... according to Woj teammates left the building 'energized' ..... I guess we'll see.
The owner told Thibs to trade him and Thibs is sandbagging and asking for more after deals are made. He's still using the starters 40+ minutes a game and never learned from all the Bulls injuries. He's not an adult. He needs to be demoted to head coach just like Pops does. See above.

Jordan punched teammates in practice including Steve Kerr. Kobe told Smush Parker he wasn't good enough to talk to him. He wasn't. But let a black athlete such as Serena or Butler stand up for themselves to an authority figure and they're widely criticized here. It's sad.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

This is crazy. People will call them soft but I think Towns and Wiggins are just too professional to do something. Taking a swing at Butler would've been justified though.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

This is crazy. People will call them soft but I think Towns and Wiggins are just too professional to do something. Taking a swing at Butler would've been justified though.

Not according to any law book I'm aware of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad