Jimmy Butler requests a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not a huge surprise based on everything that has been speculated. The dumbest part is how they waited until mid-September to meet and have these conversations.

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'm so tired of these players and their "I've got to get mine" attitude

I really don't know how anybody can be a fan of this league

Reactions: Voight and CPTN71

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I still think him and Kyrie are trying to team up. Looks like he's trying to end up on a team with cap space. The Knicks have been preparing for something like this with all of their buyouts.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
He wants to go to either one of the crap NY teams or an average team that will still get stomped by the Warriors, Rockets and even Lakers (and probably the Thunder too). Might as well stay in Minnesota if those are your options.

What he's saying is all he cares about is a max contract/big city.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This isn't necessarily a bad thing for the Timberwolves. Now, the other issue - getting rid of Thibs before he completely destroys that team by having too much power.

KAT/Wiggins are probably joyous as all hell that Butler wants out. Can't say I blame them. While Jimmy Butler is a fine player, he conducts himself in a way that makes it seem like he thinks he's on a Kobe Bryant level, when he's far, farrrrrrrr from it.

I do believe he ends up with the New York Knicks next summer alongside Kyrie Irving.

Reactions: Voight and Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This isn't necessarily a bad thing for the Timberwolves. Now, the other issue - getting rid of Thibs before he completely destroys that team by having too much power.

KAT/Wiggins are probably joyous as all hell that Butler wants out. Can't say I blame them. While Jimmy Butler is a fine player, he conducts himself in a way that makes it seem like he thinks he's on a Kobe Bryant level, when he's far, farrrrrrrr from it.

I do believe he ends up with the New York Knicks next summer alongside Kyrie Irving.

Yeah, the whole Thibs thing isn't going too well and for their sake I hope the owner steps in and prevents him from doing something dumb. Their top priority should be making KAT happy and getting the extension signed.

Butler has his issues and I'd be very concerned about giving him a max deal but he's still great. Woj seems to be really pushing the Clippers angle.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Lmfaoo how does Wiggins have he audacity to call Butler a bum? He'll never be as good as him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Lmfaoo how does Wiggins have he audacity to call Butler a bum? He'll never be as good as him.

Apparently he's referring to Stephen Jackson not Butler. Jackson posted a video talking trash about him and his brother.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Hopefully GarPax isn't bringing Butler back to Chicago.
Bulls have already two big egos ( Lavine and Parker) in the team and third is not needed

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

Lauri Markkanen trolls the T-Wolves haha

Only people who say the T-Wolves won the trade....are in this forum.

That was OK troll.
I'm not sure did Lauri really mean that but i don't care what Timbervolwes will like that.
As a Finnish Bulls fan i'm happy for that Lauri is a Bull now. #SeeRed.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Demand a trade and only give them 3 teams to trade you to?

That seems a little rich especially for a guy that is good not great.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The missing piece for Toronto.

Only way Toronto could compete with Golden State.

Adding Butler for free and they are still not close to the Warriors, but to add him for the pieces it would take and they are still behind the Celtics.

I don't see a fit for a deal with TO. Despite how much the TO media overrates the extra pieces I can't see the T-Wolves having any interest in the poo poo platter TO would offer up.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
butler's trying to team up with kyrie. i don't buy the rumors of him trying to team up with kawhi. that wouldn't make much sense anyways

clips have room for two max roster spots and with kyrie able to opt out after this season they could both team up in LA. only thing is the clips really don't have much to give up for butler at the moment. knicks have more to give up and to be honest i can see kyrie preferring to stay in the east anyways.

next year's FA class is absolutely stacked. kawhi, butler, klay, even rumors of KD maybe opting out but i don't see that happening

also, i hate this whole "teaming up" BS

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Clippers would be a great fit for him. If they can get him without giving up Shai, then you do it.

Shai
Butler
Harris
(we need help here)
Gortat

with Lou, Robinson, Bev, Gallinari, etc. coming off the bench. Not great but for losing the likes of CP3, Blake, and DJ in the past few years, it;s not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad