Jimmy Butler requests a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
"My issues are with management" lol wut? His issues are with KAT and Wiggins. Maybe his issues with management have to do with not being willing to trade either of those players but, make no mistake about it, Jimmy Butler's issues are with the players on Minnesota.

Reactions: Voight

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
What kills me is he played with another entitled #1 pick in D-Rose who wasn't exactly the hardest or most dedicated either.
The fact that he's still in the NBA after all those injuries is a sign of fairly impressive dedication.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The fact that he's still in the NBA after all those injuries is a sign of fairly impressive dedication.

I don't know all the details of his shoe deal but I know he's still due a ton of money from Adidas, so if he retired he may lose most of that. I believe he makes more in that deal than his playing salary these days.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I have never loved Jimmy as much as I do now, and this is why the NBA just gets sport better than the NHL or NFL.

I pray that thibs can convince the owner to try & make it work until “the right deal” comes along. :naughty:

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Butler and Dieng to Toronto for JV, Powell and a first round pick.

Raps could probably contend with the GSW with a lineup featuring:

Starting Lineup:
PG- Lowry
SG- Butler
SF- Kawhi
PF- OG
C- Ibaka

Bench:
PG- Vanvleet/Wright
SG- Green
SF- Miles
PF- Siakam
C- Monroe

The starting lineup itself could make up an All-Defensive team while the bench would still be the best in the league. And if Cousins never finds his groove this whole seasons, which is quite possible, then Toronto might beat GSW with that team especially given their depth and defense

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Butler and Dieng to Toronto for JV, Powell and a first round pick.

Raps could probably contend with the GSW with a lineup featuring:

Starting Lineup:
PG- Lowry
SG- Butler
SF- Kawhi
PF- OG
C- Ibaka

Bench:
PG- Vanvleet/Wright
SG- Green
SF- Miles
PF- Siakam
C- Monroe

The starting lineup itself could make up an All-Defensive team while the bench would still be the best in the league. And if Cousins never finds his groove this whole seasons, which is quite possible, then Toronto might beat GSW with that team especially given their depth and defense

I don't see why Minnesota would be looking to make JV the centerpiece of a Butler trade when they have Towns on their roster

I've wondered, though, if the Wolves would be interested in a Leonard for Wiggins swap

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Show your work
To start there’s no way Toronto would trade their 1st + DeRozan + Poetl for Green and Wiggins. They made the KL trade to go all in to win a championship. Trading him for Wiggins undos that. I don’t think Minnesota would do it either.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't see why Minnesota would be looking to make JV the centerpiece of a Butler trade when they have Towns on their roster

I've wondered, though, if the Wolves would be interested in a Leonard for Wiggins swap
Lmao why in the hell would Toronto make that trade?

They're going all out to convince Kawhi to re-sign in Toronto, and even if he doesn't they're still going to take their best shot at winning a title this year with him on the roster. They're not winning with Andrew Wiggins.

And I'm guessing the Raptors would want more than Wiggins in return for Kawhi.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
To start there’s no way Toronto would trade their 1st + DeRozan + Poetl for Green and Wiggins. They made the KL trade to go all in to win a championship. Trading him for Wiggins undos that. I don’t think Minnesota would do it either.

Do you really think anyone in Toronto's front office believes the Raptors are a legit threat to beat the Warriors in the Finals?

And when Leonard bolts next summer, then what? They will have traded their 1st + DeRozan + Poetl for 1 season of Leonard and Green

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Do you really think anyone in Toronto's front office believes the Raptors are a legit threat to beat the Warriors in the Finals?

And when Leonard bolts next summer, then what? They will have traded their 1st + DeRozan + Poetl for 1 season of Leonard and Green

This is ridiculous logic. They made the trade to go for it this year, understanding the risk that he might walk. They've made their bed already. If anything, I could see them making another trade to add for this year, but they aren't getting rid of Kawhi.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto

KAT clearly flourishes more as PF and having Jv as their Centre would automatically put KAT back to his favourite position, while also giving both KAT and the Twolves as a whole, another scoring option down low. Powell gives them more promising youth to work around and getting a first Rd pick never hurts either. They'd also be able to dump Dieng's disgusting contract in the process too.

As for the raps, there's no way on earth they'd trade Leonard for anyone, unless it's Lebron or Kd they're getting in return. Wiggins has done nothing but underachieve since he arrived in the NBA back in 2014 and his game is among the most one dimensional in the whole league. Wiggins is a fellow Canuck so I'll always keep pulling for him to do well but as of right now, he's grossly underachieved given how talented he is. Also, Butler's trade value is low right now due to all the drama that's been going on between him and the Wolves organization, so that package wouldn't be a bad one at all for both sides

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I don't see why Houston wants to give up their future to go all in this year. Butler likely won't re-sign and even if they get him I still don't think they're better than the Warriors. They'd be better off waiting until Cousins and possibly Klay leave.

Reactions: Gecklund

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't see why Houston wants to give up their future to go all in this year. Butler likely won't re-sign and even if they get him I still don't think they're better than the Warriors. They'd be better off waiting until Cousins and possibly Klay leave.

By then Paul will be on the other side of 35. He'll be 34 before this postseason and isn't the most durable guy in the world to begin with, the clock's ticking for them. But going full Brooklyn Nets (circa Pierce and Garnett) almost never works out either.

Plus by getting Butler now they'd theoretically be able to re-sign him whereas they likely won't be able to add anyone in FA this offseason.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
I love the 2nd best SG in the league Butler, BUT 4 1ST ROUNDERS FOR 1 SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should become a T-Wolves fan! ;)

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Rockets aren't going to beat the Warriors anytime soon with this currently constructed roster. Every year that passes by, Chris Paul gets older and likely more injury prone. They have to do it now.
I love the 2nd best SG in the league Butler, BUT 4 1ST ROUNDERS FOR 1 SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unlike the Nets, though, I don't see the Rockets falling off too much in the James Harden era. Would be curious what years those picks would be. If they're down the line like 2022/2023/2024/etc, they could be VERY valuable.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
The Rockets aren't going to beat the Warriors anytime soon with this currently constructed roster. Every year that passes by, Chris Paul gets older and likely more injury prone. They have to do it now.

Unlike the Nets, though, I don't see the Rockets falling off too much in the James Harden era. Would be curious what years those picks would be. If they're down the line like 2022/2023/2024/etc, they could be VERY valuable.
Would have to be 2019, 2021, 2023, 2035 or 2020, 2022, 2024, and 2026. Either way they'll get some picks down the line.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Would have to be 2019, 2021, 2023, 2035 or 2020, 2022, 2024, and 2026. Either way they'll get some picks down the line.
Yeah you can't trade back-to-back years of 1sts but will be interesting to see if this deal happens when exactly they'd be. If timed right, those picks for the Timberwolves down the line could be gold. If they're picks like 2019/2021, I don't see those being too valuable.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
"The Celtics sent two future hall-of-fame players, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, along with Jason Terry and D.J. White to Brooklyn in exchange for five players plus the Nets' first-round picks in 2014, 2016 and 2018. In addition, Boston also got the rights to swap first-round picks in 2017. May 18, 2017 Worst NBA trade ever? 2014 Nets-Celtics trade would have to outdo ..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../worst-nba-trade-ever-2014-nets-celtics-trade-would-...

After the stupid Nets/Celtics trade I never thought we'd see this type of 3-4 1st rounders for old guys or one season of an All-NBA player again.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Wolves will waste those 4 picks #30.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
"The Celtics sent two future hall-of-fame players, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, along with Jason Terry and D.J. White to Brooklyn in exchange for five players plus the Nets' first-round picks in 2014, 2016 and 2018. In addition, Boston also got the rights to swap first-round picks in 2017. May 18, 2017 Worst NBA trade ever? 2014 Nets-Celtics trade would have to outdo ..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../worst-nba-trade-ever-2014-nets-celtics-trade-would-...

After the stupid Nets/Celtics trade I never thought we'd see this type of 3-4 1st rounders for old guys or one season of an All-NBA player again.

nets didn't have the reigning MVP on their team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad