Confirmed with Link: Jim Nill Being Named GM of Dallas Stars Monday (Conf Post #95)

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Nill is very important to our drafting and player development. I can see Ryan Martin and Draper being prme candidates to fill in.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Not sure I like this. Why does everybody steal our staff?

Last edited:

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Not sure I like this. Why does everybody steal our staff?

Because we're the best. There will be 4 GMs who started in Detroit, Murray, Yzerman, Nill & Holland, I think 2 head coaches in McLellan & MacLean. What are the chances that Nill hires Blashill with him to Dallas, or does he wait and see what happens with Babcock before deciding what to do?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Let's see how it shakes out first before we jump the gun. I want to see another source say it.

Edit:

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 2h
Just got confirmation, Jim Nill is next GM in Dallas. Told that "they need a total culture change there".

Well ****.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Don't think he would, but any chance Hakan would like to be an assistant GM and come over here full-time?

I know a lot of people like what he brings over there too much, but he probably knows who is second best over there, he could run the Griffins and the draft and eventually get his own team if he is interested. Still a pretty young guy right?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Is there any chance Jiri Fischer takes Jim Nill's job?

I think Fischer is closer than Draper which some people are throwing out.

Hope it isn't Chelios, my last choice of the former player names that are going to be thrown around in the upcoming days. Although Chelios said he is more interested in coaching last I heard.

HTT3*

******* ken holland.

He should get the job in Dallas and Nill should take over in Detroit.

Why so Wings can fall back down to the 'Dead Wings' era while Kenny Holland makes Dallas Stars into perennial contenders? Nah, don't think anyone would want that.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Odd that it would be leaked now. I heard that in the Dallas game but I find it odd.

JackieTreehorn

Mar 16, 2010
Why so Wings can fall back down to the 'Dead Wings' era while Kenny Holland makes Dallas Stars into perennial contenders? Nah, don't think anyone would want that.

getting fisted in the playoffs is not contending.

Hollands job performance has been pretty poor lately.

RedWingsNow*

Because we're the best. There will be 4 GMs who started in Detroit, Murray, Yzerman, Nill & Holland, I think 2 head coaches in McLellan & MacLean. What are the chances that Nill hires Blashill with him to Dallas, or does he wait and see what happens with Babcock before deciding what to do?

Murray? He didn't start in Detroit, did he?

RedWingsNow*

Is Jiri Fischer executive material?
Fischer's problem, on and off the ice, was between the ears.

Has he smartened up?
The Wings need someone with a proven record in talent assessment.

HTT3*

getting fisted in the playoffs is not contending.

Hollands job performance has been pretty poor lately.

If consider getting Danny Dekyeser, and a free 7th round pick (possibly two), and singing loads of depth to help with the loss of Lidstrom and Stuart, and still making the playoffs despite all that, then yes, he did do a poor job.

But I think he's been doing great, keeping the team competitive and didn't have to mortgage the entire future because of it,.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Is Jiri Fischer executive material?
Fischer's problem, on and off the ice, was between the ears.

Has he smartened up?
The Wings need someone with a proven record in talent assessment.

You do realize that Fischer is currently Director of Player Development for the Wings, right? Every player who comes up through the Wings' system has his stamp on them.

Although he might prefer going into coaching; he was an assistant coach for the Czechs at last year's WJHC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad