Confirmed with Link: Jim Nill Being Named GM of Dallas Stars Monday (Conf Post #95)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Chris Ilitch, I do believe.

Which is the good news, Denise Ilitch was phased out of the Tigers before they got better in a significant way.

Nill also doesn't need permission this time to speak to anyone it was in his contract that he was allowed to talk and leave. I doubt the Ilitch family was overly happy to see him wind up with Jimmy Lites.

RedWingsNow*

Which is the good news, Denise Ilitch was phased out of the Tigers before they got better in a significant way.

Nill also doesn't need permission this time to speak to anyone it was in his contract that he was allowed to talk and leave. I doubt the Ilitch family was overly happy to see him wind up with Jimmy Lites.

I heard that Lites gets along fine with the Ilitch family.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Bc Yzerman got the best player of the deal and could see in the future that Tampa and Det would be div. rivals and how bad Quincey would be and how everyone robbed Detroit on that deal.

:sarcasm:

It will be pretty funny future about that "Quincey" 1st pick, when Yzerman is the GM of the Red Wings and we are playing against Tampa Bay and his pick Andrei Vasilevski somewhere at the year of ~2025.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I heard that Lites gets along fine with the Ilitch family.

I have heard the opposite but whatever, it isn't like a screaming reality show when they see him or whatever, but there are members of the family that certainly are not his biggest fans.

On Nill I am curious to see who he makes his coach, said he was going to take his time on it.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
There's a mildly interesting interview with Nill on the Marek vs. Wyshynski podcast if any of you care. He talks about Lites, coaching, and leaving Detroit. No groundbreaking information here but it's worth a listen. Free on iTunes.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
NHL front office confidence rankings: Fans weigh in on how...

Interesting article about Public and Fan base confidences.

Also interesting, how Dallas Stars fans believe, that they are THE worst organization in Drafting/Developing currently.

While Jim Nill has always seemed like an offseason wizard, things haven’t panned out on the ice since 2016. A lot of that is due to the team’s inability to draft impact players, a real sore spot on Stars fans who comfortably rated their own team as the league’s worst in that category. Until things get better in that area, the Stars look hard-pressed to live up to the immense promise they showed just two seasons ago.

5 years has gone, since Nill left. And now we are seeing the results of Jim Nill and Joe McDonnell managing an organization by themselves, without the other Red Wings braintrust. And here are the results.

Nice trades, nice FA signings when you have a lot of empty cap space, but same crap drafting as at Red Wings, if you exclude Håkan picks away from their track record.

Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Also interesting, how Dallas Stars fans believe, that they are THE worst organization in Drafting/Developing currently.

5 years has gone, since Nill left. And now we are seeing the results of Jim Nill and Joe McDonnell managing an organization by themselves, without the other Red Wings braintrust. And here are the results.

Nice trades, nice FA signings when you have a lot of empty cap space, but same crap drafting as at Red Wings, if you exclude Håkan picks away from their track record.

Yeah, Nill has been bad. But frankly, I couldn't give a flying fig about fan rankings, particularly about drafting and developing.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yeah, Nill has been bad. But frankly, I couldn't give a flying fig about fan rankings, particularly about drafting and developing.

There was also the public opinion. 3rd last.

There was the fan rank and public rank for every organization, and I'm sure, every fan base has flaws on their opinions, but it's the same for everybody in this study.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Actually like their last 2 drafts quite a bit (Heiskanen, Robertson, Dellandrea, Eriksson, Damiani), but before that he was definitely brutal with his drafting for Dallas.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Funny thing is, that I'm a big believer in Heiskanen, and that they are gonna have a good season thanks to that coaching change. Nichuskin also came back, so they have more offensive depth now. Heiskanen could give them a secondary offensive defencemen behind Klingberg on lower pairs.

If it will turn that way, it's still just luck in lottery...

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

Yeah, he’s really struggled over there with drafting and developing. But they’ve made a ton of reaches in their drafts for some reason?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad