Confirmed with Link: Jim Nill Being Named GM of Dallas Stars Monday (Conf Post #95)

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
This sucks so bad. He's the heart and soul of the Wings' drafting. Who's up next after Holland?

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Lol way to **** it up again Kenny you **** retire like you said you would!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
What a poor timing to post something like this. Dreger just wants the attention.

garry1221

Mar 13, 2003
Walled Lake, Mi
Visit site
Smells fishy to me. Could I see it happen sometime after the season? Unfortunate, but yeah. While we're still in playoff race? Not a chance.

Edit: after a quick check, this would carry more weight if there was more than one source. All articles I've seen lead back to dreger.

Last edited:

HTT3*

Smells fishy to me. Could I see it happen sometime after the season? Unfortunate, but yeah. While we're still in playoff race? Not a chance.

Edit: after a quick check, this would carry more weight if there was more than one source. All articles I've seen lead back to dreger.

First thing that popped in my head was the timing. Detroit in a must win game tonight against Dallas, if Dallas players and coaching staff think they have a new GM ready to roll in town in a couple weeks, it may be in their heads and lose focus; advantage Detroit.

This might be a "leak" from someone wanting a win for Detroit tonight, in this must.win.game! Nill already turned a job down last summer because his kids were still in school and his wife was ill. I think his kids are still in school, and his wife gets the best possible treatment for her cancer in Michigan.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
if this is true the Wings will regret not getting rid of Holland sooner for decades to come

HTT3*

Holland obviously will not stand behind his Lidstrom comment.

Did people really take his kidding around as a serious comment? It was a joke :laugh:

It was his way of complimenting Lidstrom, nothing more. I thought it was clear as day it was a joke when I heard him say it. Didn't realize it was going to be the 'official' talking point on HFboards.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Another Sun Belt team plucking fruit from the Wings tree...

At least we can root for him back in the ol' West. Downside is the Wings are going to be division foes with Stevie-Y's squad.

RedWingsNow*

Does anyone think there's a Red Wings coach or player who would actually let this report phase them before a big game?

As important as Nill is, he's the assistant GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->