GDT: Jeu XXXV: Les Habitants @ L'Avalanche - Bad French Edition

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Rants didn't have a point vs the Isles and he already fell behind Forsberg.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
AJ's player grades on the 2nd line are spot on:

Sven Andrighetto (F) – This is what I’m talking about. Andrighetto was nails in St. Louis and was all over the place but the honeymoon is over. Zero shot attempts? No sir. Not nearly good enough.

J.T. Compher (D-) – This line was a disaster tonight. At least Compher managed a shot on goal, unlike his linemates. A total fiasco for this group.

Tyson Jost (F) – Like his linemates above, this was a total mess. Jost would have at least had a shot attempt had he not completely whiffed on it. That was apropos for the kind of night this line had.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
The sooner we don’t have to watch the likes of Sven in the top 9 the better. I honestly can’t think of a single reason for playing him and not Greer.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's so funny to go over to the Oilers board and read what their fans say about MacKinnon/Rantanen. They get so annoyed anytime either of them get points lol. They were chastising MacKinnon for "trying to pad stats on a late 5-on-3" even though it was still a 2-1 game. As if Connor McDavid didn't spend the entire second half of last season padding stats in meaningless games to win the Art Ross.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It's so funny to go over to the Oilers board and read what their fans say about MacKinnon/Rantanen. They get so annoyed anytime either of them get points lol. They were chastising MacKinnon for "trying to pad stats on a late 5-on-3" even though it was still a 2-1 game. As if Connor McDavid didn't spend the entire second half of last season padding stats in meaningless games to win the Art Ross.

When you commented I went over to 'like' their posts. It's hilarious that they not only care enough to comment, but actually to watch the games too :laugh:

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013

They are truly the most insecure fanbase ever. Penguins fans were never this bad about Crosby; I guess actual team success helped some.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
AJ's player grades on the 2nd line are spot on:

Sven Andrighetto (F) – This is what I’m talking about. Andrighetto was nails in St. Louis and was all over the place but the honeymoon is over. Zero shot attempts? No sir. Not nearly good enough.

J.T. Compher (D-) – This line was a disaster tonight. At least Compher managed a shot on goal, unlike his linemates. A total fiasco for this group.

Tyson Jost (F) – Like his linemates above, this was a total mess. Jost would have at least had a shot attempt had he not completely whiffed on it. That was apropos for the kind of night this line had.
JTC still was visible tonight. Even when hes not scoring he does other things you notice. I cant say the same for Jost or Sven tonight. Both were bad. Jost especially was just terrible.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Just listen to Team 1260 after an Oilers game. Half the callers are active members on this forum guaranteed.

Reactions: dahrougem2

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018

Lol hilarious. What do they expect MacKinnon and Rantanen to do? Not try and score? It's literally their job, and right now, they are the 2 best on the planet at it.

McDavid is 9 points back right now, and he's playing great and putting up a lot of points. He's on the best pace of his career, and Mack is up 6, and Rants is up 9.

I've seen some people say that McDavid will "turn it on and go on a crazy run like last year" . Well his "crazy run" in the second half of the season last year, was around 1.5ppg.

Gonna need to do better than that this year :)

Another fun fact, if you go back to game 10 of last season, when Mack elevated his game to an elite level, he has 147pts in 99 games, good for 1.48ppg.

Crazy numbers.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Oiler fans are in their feelings because Mcjesus isnt at the head of the class right now. He prolly will finish with an Art Ross again this season so those cry babies need to relax.
Pretty much. Unless MacKinnon/Rantanen continue to play at this absurd pace, I don't see how McDavid doesn't win the Art Ross.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Pretty much. Unless MacKinnon/Rantanen continue to play at this absurd pace, I don't see how McDavid doesn't win the Art Ross.
It seems people have forgotten Mikko was a top 10 pick. Hes not some guy who was a 6th rounder coming in and showing up future Hall of Famers Matthews, McDavid, Laine, Eichel, Marner and Aho. The dude is a talent.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Oiler fans are in their feelings because Mcjesus isnt at the head of the class right now. He prolly will finish with an Art Ross again this season so those cry babies need to relax.
I can't wait until McDavid isn't considered the best bet for the Art Ross. Mack and Rants are doing a great job staying ahead of him.

The closest McDavid has come to the lead in the last while was 7 points back. Currently at 9 points.

McDavid would have to go on a truly epic run to pull it off. I don't think it's likely that Mack and Rantanen both hit huge slumps. Even when one guy isn't having a great game, odds are that the other one will, or Landy will get a goal.

McDavid winning the Art Ross isn't as likely as people think.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
It’s funny watching Oilers fans complain about Mack and Rantanen Trying to pad their stats when that’s all McDavid tried to do towards their last 20 games last year

Edit: beat to it!:laugh:

Last edited:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I hope this is our new version of a slump. We aren’t playing really well, but we’re still trading wins and losses and just kinda surviving in the standings. If this is what we look like when we’re struggling, we’re going to be okay and in good position when we do rebound. We just need to avoid 2-7-1 slumps of 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hornstar

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

So salty..

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Lol hilarious. What do they expect MacKinnon and Rantanen to do? Not try and score? It's literally their job, and right now, they are the 2 best on the planet at it.

McDavid is 9 points back right now, and he's playing great and putting up a lot of points. He's on the best pace of his career, and Mack is up 6, and Rants is up 9.

I've seen some people say that McDavid will "turn it on and go on a crazy run like last year" . Well his "crazy run" in the second half of the season last year, was around 1.5ppg.

Gonna need to do better than that this year :)

Another fun fact, if you go back to game 10 of last season, when Mack elevated his game to an elite level, he has 147pts in 99 games, good for 1.48ppg.

Crazy numbers.

Those are insane numbers!

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I hope this is our new version of a slump. We aren’t playing really well, but we’re still trading wins and losses and just kinda surviving in the standings. If this is what we look like when we’re struggling, we’re going to be okay and I’m good position when we do rebound. We just need to avoid 2-7-1 slumps of 2 years ago.

This is what good teams do. Bad teams fall apart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad