GDT: Jeu XXXV: Les Habitants @ L'Avalanche - Bad French Edition

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Tyson Barrie is a trash hockey player.

Grubs was amazing and I love how the fans have carried him into the "favourite" category with the "GRUBBBBBB" chants.

I still think they need to grab onto the Guardians of the Galaxy Grooooot thing for him. Just add a T at the end of it lol. GruuuuuuuuuuuuT!

Reactions: S E P H

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Wow, that win was uglier than the talent in a backwater strip club but I suppose if there was a way to see if your goalie was up to the task that was a way to do it.

The 2nd line was sooooooo bad tonight (not like the rest of the team was a ton better) but it wasn't Jost who was driving me batty, it was Andrighetto. Bednar must've agreed because eventually both he and Compher ended up on the 4th line, Kerf and Captain Average got promoted. I don't know how you manage Jost going forward, it's obvious Bednar will not mess with lines 1 and 3 (just like last season) so he either figures it out or he doesn't.

PP2 was abysmal tonight. PP1 was...not good either but that 2nd unit was atrocious. One big reason? Ghetto. Dude has been terrible since coming back from injury, he's obviously just not up to speed for whatever reason and he's turning it over way too much.

2-1 on this homestand and the 2nd win comes out of a dumpster fire effort. Hopefully they build on it.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Fair enough he had a good game that day, but followed it up with a bunch of trashy efforts which made me forget about it and chalk it up as an outlier.
He doesn't always have the best stats but I feel like he makes saves at the right time, his record speaks for itself. How many times have we seen Varly just completely fold under pressure? Maybe it's a mental thing?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Jost would be a lot better if he could play with someone who would allow him to float around the slot. He has a good shot, and a quick release, but no one to really set him up. Or another big body down low he could cycle the puck with because he can be surprisingly good at protecting the puck.

The fact that Jost, Ghetto, Kerfoot, and JTC are all the same size with similar flaws just compounds the frustrations with Jost.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Burke, the old gang, and anyone connected to these blokes is the reason why Petterssons' and Rantanens' constantly fall in the draft.

Two good old Canadian boys were picked ahead of Elias... Are you suggesting both or at least one of those picks was a mistake? :)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

That was a bit of sarcasm if you didn't notice...

I used to have a lot of respect for Burke but he's turning into Don Cherry 2.0 at this point. To call Landeskog a Swedish player who isn't really "Swedish" is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard him say and he's had some doozies over the years. Keep in mind this is the guy who took a bad Leafs team and somehow made it worse.

Reactions: dahrougem2

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
That was a bit of sarcasm if you didn't notice...

I used to have a lot of respect for Burke but he's turning into Don Cherry 2.0 at this point. To call Landeskog a Swedish player who isn't really "Swedish" is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard him say and he's had some doozies over the years. Keep in mind this is the guy who took a bad Leafs team and somehow made it worse.

Yah it's not a very bright comment. In his defence, Landeskog lost his Swedish accent a long time ago and you probably wouldn't be able to even tell he's from Sweden at this point.

Using that as a reason to somehow say he's better because he isn't really "Swedish" is pretty stupid.

All it really shows is that Landy is great at learning languages lol nothing to do with hockey

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yes. We know. Doesn't mean he's free from criticism.

Is he no longer waiver exempt? If not, they should send him down.
Obviously not. But have a little patience. It was just a year and a half ago where people were starting to write off MacKinnon as a 50ish point top 6 center.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I feel like you have to try that kids line, no? Prior to Kerfoot's injury, it seemed like any time they were put out together for the odd shift, they were buzzing. Try that out and see if it can get them going.

I love Sven, but he's just redundant at this point and not providing anything to that 2nd line. If you can ship him out for a legit bottom-6 penalty killing forward who can skate and actually take a regular 4th line shift, that would be great. PK needs a lot of help. Bednar mentioned guys not being as committed as last season, especially when it comes to getting in the lanes.

Forceberg

Mar 9, 2012
I hope grubauer keeps up the good play. Would be nice to trade Varly and get back a nice piece in that trade. I think francouz is nhl ready and a tandem of grubauer and francouz would do it.

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
I feel like you have to try that kids line, no? Prior to Kerfoot's injury, it seemed like any time they were put out together for the odd shift, they were buzzing. Try that out and see if it can get them going.

I love Sven, but he's just redundant at this point and not providing anything to that 2nd line. If you can ship him out for a legit bottom-6 penalty killing forward who can skate and actually take a regular 4th line shift, that would be great. PK needs a lot of help. Bednar mentioned guys not being as committed as last season, especially when it comes to getting in the lanes.

Sven is not providing anything to that line. I would love to see the kid line again. I don't even know where to put Sven right now lol he just doesn't fit anywhere in the lineup.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
The trouble isn't Jost, he's going to be inconsistent. He's being asked to play a large role with not much support. He shouldn't be asked to carry his own line, and neither should Compher. Both are complementary pieces at this point. Put Jost with Soda for a little bit, and move Compher back to the wing. Call up Toninato since Kam is hurt.

Wilson - Kerfoot - Compher
Jost - Soda - Calvert
Nieto - Toninato - Ghetto

Or trade Ghetto for a 4th line C and call Greer up - probably my preferred option.

Reactions: PAZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad