Post-Game Talk: Jets win in OT 3-2

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Kupari is like if AJF played with a stick in his hands.

confused-what.gif

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
For the people bitching about ice time, maybe you provide results to get more ice time? Like actual production?

Pp2 is getting more ice time than in previous seasons, it's really looking like a minute each of changes can be made at that mark.

Perfetti is looking better back on the wing but he still needs to convert more, and he'll get more ice time when he does.

Ehlers is one of the most anti clutch players I've ever watched. His zone entries are elite but he never seems to be able to score when the team needs him to.

Outside of Appleton all of our forwards seem to be playing their roles to a T. I'm all for giving 91 and 27 more ice time and cutting 22s way back, but other than him, who do you cut back?

Kupari is a prime example of a guy who's forcing the coach to play him more - really smart and agile with the puck. I wish that backhand deke would have gone in for him.

If Ehlers and Perfetti want more ice, force the coach to do it.

For those blaming it all on Bones, realize that player usage is not autocratically determined by him. The coaches together make those decisions.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I feel like we go through a short period of losing because of goaltending every season. It's usually followed by an extended period of winning because our goaltending actually is really good.
Yeah last night I feel like it's the old story that Helle really doesn't play well off of rest. Luckily he got into a rhythm after the first and shut the door - skinner also played quite well I thought.

I wish that Hellebuyck found a way to get warmed up better. I wish someone who loves stats and doesn't have a life would do a first 5 shots of games sv% for all goalies. It might be bias but I feel like 37 would be near the bottom of that stat. It's hard to play every game from behind - it forces the coach to play a different strategy and players start coming out of structure and systems to generate offence leading to more scoring opportunities against

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I also think it's time to waive Stanley and call up Capobianco. 3g3a in 4 games, what does he need to do?

The team has obviously soured on Stan , and Schmidts second healthy in a year says a lot.

Unless we can find a way to cap dump him, he should become a very expensive pb guy and Capo has earned a run of games imho.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
For the people bitching about ice time, maybe you provide results to get more ice time? Like actual production?

Pp2 is getting more ice time than in previous seasons, it's really looking like a minute each of changes can be made at that mark.

Perfetti is looking better back on the wing but he still needs to convert more, and he'll get more ice time when he does.

Ehlers is one of the most anti clutch players I've ever watched. His zone entries are elite but he never seems to be able to score when the team needs him to.

Outside of Appleton all of our forwards seem to be playing their roles to a T. I'm all for giving 91 and 27 more ice time and cutting 22s way back, but other than him, who do you cut back?

Kupari is a prime example of a guy who's forcing the coach to play him more - really smart and Allee with the puck. I wish that backhand deserved would have gone in for him.

If Ehlers and Perfetti want more ice, force the coach to do it.

For those blaming it all on Bones, realize that player usage is not autocratically determined by him. The coaches together make those decisions.

Perfetti's rate of production is that of a 1st line player at 2.32 p/60. It's second best on the team after Scheifele. Hard to ask for better production given how little ice time he's getting 5 on 5. Add to that being at the top of the possesion metrics on the team and honestly what more do you want?

This is exactly why usage is incredibly important in terms of production.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Evander becoming a lockeroom distraction again with his intermission interview comments with Scott... not surprised.

Funny, because i got into it with an Edmonton HFer that said 55 was a distraction after we signed 55 this year...

I told him it wont be long before Evander derails Edmonton. This could get good. Stay tuned folks.

What did he say?

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Kupari is like if AJF played with a stick in his hands.

Kupari has been the pleasant surprise of the season, brings the chaos but has the skill to make something of it. Also thought Cole had a hell of a game fighting for the puck and often winning it.

And that penalty on 44 after a puck battle with McD was an odd one.

Thought Gruffalo and Barron also strong, and Nik skating again. Pionk and the D sometimes scary but didn’t give up much that Helle couldn’t save.

KFC needs to be present on every shift. Perfect counter to the “players earn their ice time narrative” at times this season.

Was waiting for the patented “theres a real playoff atmosphere to this one” from the announcers and wasn’t disappointed.

Last edited:

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Scheifele leads the team in goals, has a Gordie Howe hat trick and has scored in four of five games. I’d say he’s been showing up pretty consistently.
I agree I just wish he'd put in more effort to get back. Iafallo I thought was embarrassing both 55 & 81 for backcheck effort. One instance I saw Iafallo was in low we lost the puck and he passed both 55 & 81 and was the 3rd man back in D.

What a head shaker to me. If all these guys worked as hard as him they be a way way better team.

Iafallo will be loved in this town for the effort he gives.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I also think it's time to waive Stanley and call up Capobianco. 3g3a in 4 games, what does he need to do?

The team has obviously soured on Stan , and Schmidts second healthy in a year says a lot.

Unless we can find a way to cap dump him, he should become a very expensive pb guy and Capo has earned a run of games imho.
Capobianco is an NHL defenseman for sure!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Scheifele's line was hemmed in their zone too much last night, but I put most of that on Connor, who was a turnover machine.

Mind-boggling that Perfetti was benched and Bowness thought Connor was the right winger to play a ton in the last 10 minutes to preserve the tie, especially with how poorly he had played in his own zone all game.

1697989855847.png

1697989900318.png

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

Have to agree with this on Capo. I've been impressed with what I've seen with him when playing on the Jets. Biggest thing I noticed is he has a great shot and can score, which we need from the back end. He's a pretty solid defenceman as well. No question in my mind, he's better than Stanley, and I'd love to see him in the lineup. Same goes for Chisholm, as I'd like to see what he can do. As for Schmidt we are paying for him way more than he's worth, but he's OK, and there are worse NHL contracts.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Kupari has been the pleasant surprise of the season, brings the chaos but has the skill to make something of it. Also thought Cole had a hell of a game fighting for the puck and often winning it.

And that penalty on 44 after a puck battle with McD was an odd one.

Thought Gruffalo and Barron also strong, and Nik skating again. Pionk and the D sometimes scary but didn’t give up much that Helle couldn’t save.

KFC needs to be present on every shift. Perfect counter to the “players earn their ice time narrative” at times this season.

Was waiting for the patented “theres a real playoff atmosphere to this one” from the announcers and wasn’t disappointed.
I’ll take a Chaos Badger over a Chaos Giraffe any day.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
scheifele imo has been around average defensively so far..... preface by saying the resp. and acumen defensively always lesser on the winger however some of the effort & plays KC has been putting out there have been baby-shit level soft in our own end.

also can see why bones likes namestnikov he's been solid again.
Have to agree with this on Capo. I've been impressed with what I've seen with him when playing on the Jets. Biggest thing I noticed is he has a great shot and can score, which we need from the back end. He's a pretty solid defenceman as well. No question in my mind, he's better than Stanley, and I'd love to see him in the lineup. Same goes for Chisholm, as I'd like to see what he can do. As for Schmidt we are paying for him way more than he's worth, but he's OK, and there are worse NHL contracts.
of the 3 PB dmen last year (heinola, stanley, capo), capo was quite easily better. imo perfect 7D guy

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
scheifele imo has been around average defensively so far..... preface by saying the resp. and acumen defensively always lesser on the winger however some of the effort & plays KC has been putting out there have been baby-shit level soft in our own end.

Scheifele had a few decent defensive zone plays last night, gave the puck to Draisaitl in the 3rd but immediately won it back, for example. I think he's prone to getting lost in his own end but he can manage.

Agree that Connor is really bad at it though. He hasn't got a clue what to do and I haven't seen him win many, if any, puck battles in his own end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad