GDT: Jets vs Senators 6pm, SN360 & SN1 - "Romancing the Stone"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
:laugh: I've been on the internet since Netscape Navigator was the bees knees.
Computers were invented by Great Grandfathers, PCs, Macs and the internet by grandfathers (and grandmothers). Just because I am old enough to be tech illiterate doesn't mean I am. Though I still don't understand why no one uses phones to talk to each other anymore. :laugh:
dude.
i remember using Lynx to "browse" the internet and PINE to send emails. yikes.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Ok, maybe I'm coming around on this Mark Stone thing. I suspect that because I heard this song this morning and I felt compelled to change the words just a little bit.

In an ancient time gone by (the 90s) some mad scientist in Sweden fired up some unholy crucible and forged together the two genres of "teen band" and "ABBA tribute band", giving us "A*Teens" (insert "Stockholm Club 7" joke here).

While their videos are pure cheddar, the generational iteration of ABBA's sound is on the interesting side, at least.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
:laugh: I've been on the internet since Netscape Navigator was the bees knees.
Computers were invented by Great Grandfathers, PCs, Macs and the internet by grandfathers (and grandmothers). Just because I am old enough to be tech illiterate doesn't mean I am. Though I still don't understand why no one uses phones to talk to each other anymore. :laugh:

Pfft. Luxury! Try carrying on discussions through email digests, or having to download multipart files from Usenet at modem speeds. But you try telling that to kids nowadays, they don't believe you. :laugh:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I have a question.. why are we so certain that this is the last game Stone and Duchesne play for Ottawa when the Trade Deadline is still over a week away. Is there something that I've missed here?

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Pre-game audio:

Players - Scheifele, Chiarot and Niku.

Coach Maurice scrum topics include an update on Byfuglien. Inserting Niku into the lineup. On the Byfuglien injury. On players "excitement" about their club making move. Is his job any more difficult as it gets closer to Trade Deadline? On his confidence in Brossoit. What would he like to see his team do better defensively against Ottawa today that they didn't do last week against the Senator? Would he care to share his thoughts about Mark Stone? On Chiarot mentoring Niku.

To listen click here.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Man. I found PINE difficult to use. :laugh:
i have horrible memories of PINE. i used it back in 1995, i believe. you used to go to the newsgroup function to be able to download graphics. the groups were unmodded and you'd sometimes download a photo that was irrelevant to what you wanted.
i remember my friend accidentally downloading a photo called "dobie.jpg" and opening it up in the computer lab. um, yeah. not cool.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Play him. Sit Benny .
upload_2019-2-16_11-11-55.png

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Pfft. Luxury! Try carrying on discussions through email digests, or having to download multipart files from Usenet at modem speeds. But you try telling that to kids nowadays, they don't believe you. :laugh:

Upgrading to a 1200 Baud Modem because it was so fast. :laugh:
Submitting code on punchcards to a queue to run overnight. Rush to the computer centre in the morning to see the output. Spend an hour correcting the bugs, then wait another 24 23 hrs for the result. :laugh: Aahhhh the good old days. Writing programs to run in 16kB RAM, yes b&g RAM measured in kB. :laugh:

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Upgrading to a 1200 Baud Modem because it was so fast. :laugh:
Submitting code on punchcards to a queue to run overnight. Rush to the computer centre in the morning to see the output. Spend an hour correcting the bugs, then wait another 24 23 hrs for the result. :laugh: Aahhhh the good old days. Writing programs to run in 16kB RAM, yes b&g RAM measured in kB. :laugh:

Ok, you win. I never had the luxury of writing code on punchcards :laugh:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I never did see a replay of the Buff re-injury. I caught something out of the corner of my eye (I was at the game). My first instinct / impression was that he had tweaked his groin. Other people said ankle so I assumed that was he case.

I’m curious if any cap experts know if we have enough room for Stone. At one point I remember reading that we needed a certain number of days to pass to have the cap hit drop low enough.

I want Stone but I don’t want to pay the price to get him. Greedy I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad