GDT: Jets vs Senators 6pm, SN360 & SN1 - "Romancing the Stone"

Status
Not open for further replies.

leer2006

Jan 20, 2010
Transcona
May as well keep assets. This team is NOT close to a contender. I am certain by April it will be clear and Nashville, San Jose and Calgary will all pull ahead and show to be superior
I actually think this team needs a shake up. Time to trade someone or fire someone.

Reactions: sipowicz

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
In the event that you were being sincere: sticking to facts works great in that regard, as does avoiding reality-defying exaggerations and not showing happiness in light of the team's failure. See which, the numerous posts critical about the team in this thread that are receiving absolutely zero blowback whatsoever.
I am in no way happy that this team is bad and losing. I’d like changes but I am well aware that regardless of the outcome of this regular season, they aren’t coming. Your other points are fair.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
They have three, maybe four players.

If they only have 3 or 4 players, why are they beating the first place Jets in back to back games ??. Maybe the Jet's aren't as good as their record suggests.

Reactions: sipowicz and folix

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg

If they only have 3 or 4 players, why are they beating the first place Jets in back to back games ??. Maybe the Jet's aren't as good as their record suggests.
That, my friend, is a great question.

Reactions: GNP

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Tampa could sit out the rest of the year and probably still make the playoffs. Gonna suck when they don't win the cup

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Even if the Jets were actually as bad as Ottawa's record, and Ottawa was actually as good as Winnipeg's record -- and that is an INSANE stretch, but even IF -- then Ottawa would still have had to get lucky to win both games. Ottawa has beaten 20 other teams this year as well, some of them better than Winnipeg.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming

Cuz right now we have 3 or 4 good bottom 6 players. Their 3 or 4 are their stars.. Ours are MIA.

Reactions: GNP

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014

They have one of best losing coaches in history.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I am in no way happy that this team is bad and losing. I’d like changes but I am well aware that regardless of the outcome of this regular season, they aren’t coming. Your other points are fair.

Right, like I don't think anyone has questioned the notion that Ottawa deserved the win with how they played. Hell, even the announcer said as much.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Right, like I don't think anyone has questioned the notion that Ottawa deserved the win with how they played. Hell, even the announcer said as much.
I agree. I also have a respect for a healthy back and forth between people who feel genuine concern for the direction of this team and those who think this recent stretch is a blip. It just drives me crazy when those who err on the side of positivity suggest that those who see a team who has been mediocre all year are “doom and gloom” or “sky is falling” and the like.

Reactions: sipowicz

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I agree. I also have a respect for a healthy back and forth between people who feel genuine concern for the direction of this team and those who think this recent stretch is a blip. It just drives me crazy when those who err on the side of positivity suggest that those who see a team who has been mediocre all year are “doom and gloom” or “sky is falling” and the like.

It's like, you know how there's rules about trolling other team's forums, yeah? It's a most curious inversion, but you can actually get away trolling a team's forum to a far greater degree if you are a fan of that team (and just want attention) or even put on the most basic guise of one. And the bad-faith agents who do exactly that are likely giving some guilt-by-association off. Which is why I brought up the "sticks to facts and sound arguments based on those facts", because at that point, even if someone WERE doing that (getting their kicks by being the 'I'm not telling you what you don't already know' heel), at least their ARGUMENTS are sound and are certainly a useful contribution. This is, after all, a forum :) and a forum needs all kinds of voices.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
It's like, you know how there's rules about trolling other team's forums, yeah? It's a most curious inversion, but you can actually get away trolling a team's forum to a far greater degree if you are a fan of that team (and just want attention) or even put on the most basic guise of one. And the bad-faith agents who do exactly that are likely giving some guilt-by-association off. Which is why I brought up the "sticks to facts and sound arguments based on those facts", because at that point, even if someone WERE doing that (getting their kicks by being the 'I'm not telling you what you don't already know' heel), at least their ARGUMENTS are sound and are certainly a useful contribution. This is, after all, a forum :) and a forum needs all kinds of voices.
I respect your opinion and appreciate your input.

Reactions: AlphaLackey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->