GDT: Jets vs Canes - 6:00 pm CT - SN360 & SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Be interesting to see how we do without Buff - who fills in on the #1 PP? That's what I look forward to seeing - not a huge fan of Buff and his ability to distribute.

I like Kuli coming in and have to wonder why he hasn't been in earlier.

Also look forward to seeing Brossoit in a real game - not much to go on but I thought he looked good in preseason.

I really hope they try Myers on PP1. A bit rusty start for him for sure, but he could make PP1 less predictable than it's now. Nothing against trying JoMo there as well. Somehow Trouba has been more than a bit anemic on PP, so I don't want to see him on that spot.

About Brossoit, I feel the same. Never heard this guy before, but I liked his play preseason. Helle can play 80-90% of games if needed, but you have to have decent enough backup just in case.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
gotta win alot on this homestand to get ahead of the curve our division seems like its going to be tough once again dont wanna fall behind lets go boys!

laine saw that mathews has 10 already right ???

Reactions: roccerfeller

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
How will the Jets PP1 survive now without Buffs supreme qb vision and passing talent?

Honest question: are you joking? If so, a good one.

Buff is actually really really good passer for long passes. Not so much on short, quick and accurate passes for one-timer on PP.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Honest question: are you joking? If so, a good one.

Buff is actually really really good passer for long passes. Not so much on short, quick and accurate passes for one-timer on PP.

Myers handles the puck like a grenade and is prone to firing slapshots into the shinpads of forwards. I don't think he's any better of an option.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Myers handles the puck like a grenade and is prone to firing slapshots into the shinpads of forwards. I don't think he's any better of an option.

We agree to disagree, but to me at least Myers was THE reason why PP2 was fairly effective last season even with having limited TOI and much worse shooters than PP1. Ehlers was vital to PP2 also, but for me Myers was THE guy.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I have a feeling the Jets are going to get caned, flogged and flayed. Then the second period will start. Then 90 minutes after that Maurice will growl at reporters. Tomorrow he will make funnies and the reporters will laugh.
Post is funny and if you are right accurate
I don’t think we lose tho ‘

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The Canes goaltending is not in place, It's been subpar. Very similar to Helle two years ago, when he would make the basic saves but couldn't steal a game and the Jets were forced to score 5+ goals. God, I hate the crap that comes out of Maurice's mouth in these interviews..

So.........I am starting to get worried about all the Maurice stuff.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
The Canes are a US based team in a struggling US market. The Jets almost always take it in the pooper from the officials in these instances, so I don't look for many power play advantages for the Jets; if anything, once the game is out of reach one way or the other as tokens may be called to try and not be so obvious about it.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So the Canes are one of the hottest teams in the NHL....we are without Buff and we go with our back up?

This could be interesting tonight. Looking forward to being at the game though.

Reactions: purdy44

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
In th

He has in the past yep. Time to throw Jomo a PP bone ffs

They might go Trouba JMo on PP2 but honestly without Buff they might need to eat 25-27 minutes tonight because we have a top pair.... no middle pairing assets...... and two bottom pairs tonight. My guess is they try to role Kuli Myers out as a 2nd pair but they sucked at that last season so hold on.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I really hope they try Myers on PP1. A bit rusty start for him for sure, but he could make PP1 less predictable than it's now. Nothing against trying JoMo there as well. Somehow Trouba has been more than a bit anemic on PP, so I don't want to see him on that spot.

About Brossoit, I feel the same. Never heard this guy before, but I liked his play preseason. Helle can play 80-90% of games if needed, but you have to have decent enough backup just in case.

It'll likely be Myers since he's the PP2 guy now - hopefully JoMo gets PP2.
Agree on the predictability comment - I'd also like to see a different look from the QB

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
The Canes goaltending is not in place, It's been subpar. Very similar to Helle two years ago, when he would make the basic saves but couldn't steal a game and the Jets were forced to score 5+ goals. God, I hate the crap that comes out of Maurice's mouth in these interviews..

I don't think you'd see any NHL coach say "Their goaltending has been crap so we can just take it a bit easier tonight."

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Dear Gerts

Please take 3 penalties or less tonight.

Play fast against a team on the B2B.

2nd and 4th lines this would be a good night to chip in.

Forwards come back hard and give the Canes zero room in the neutral zone. Help out your D.

Myers I expect a good game tonight......when a Jet is wide open and the puck is on your stick trust what you see and don’t think about it for a while. You can do it!

And....have fun.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I'm very much in the "hope we don't get smoked" camp tonight. Very rarely felt that way last season, even against the top-tier teams. We just seem more fragile atm, less resilient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad