GDT: Jets vs Blues October 4th Season Opener - "Random Things"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Electric plug made me howl uncontrollably. Probly says something about my weird sense of humor. Anyways thx for the laugh Zham.

GOJETSGO

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC

I wonder how Dano puts up a happy face and keeps a positive attitude. Most would be livid to not make the opening night lineup after waiting patiently last season, seemingly doing everything that was asked of him this summer and having a good preseason. Would love to know what he did to Maurice to make Maurice hate him so much.

No Kulikov. Many of us called it a bad contract when it was signed, if this is a sign of things to come it might be approaching "albatross" territory.

I hope, just maybe, that he's still working himself into shape what with the surgery and all.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Basically, worst case, he's got free Winnipeg Jets season tickets and he's being paid $900,000 to go to all the games. Who among us wouldn't trade places with him?
those of us who want to make $900 000 beyond this year.
that's who.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
You're probably skipping the entire season, then.
tenor.gif

Nov 24, 2006
On paper, the Blues look to have improved a fair amount from last season. ROR would be an upgrade over Stastny IMO.

The Central just doesn't get any easier, does it? :(

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Line combos please! Any final word?

You tend to get the final word Sip.

Prediction........If we lose you will have a busy night in the PGT players, coaches, management, ownership, and employees on notice to motivate them. If we win you will have a slightly less busy night putting the same groups on notice to motivate them.

GJG

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Huge props to Zhammy for this ever so ass kicking GDT. I love the juxtaposition of a smile on my face in a GDT.

Its a long season but I am just glad that the sky is falling crowd have some legitimate materiel to complain about now. Also with Matthews putting up a 2 spot last night I am expecting a very emotional response so hopefully Pate gets a few in a win so both the Jets fans and the Laine fans can be happy.

Blues are a really solid team and I am hoping for the best but and mindful of the fact we totally sucked out of the gate last year and it ended up ok.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
You tend to get the final word Sip.

Prediction........If we lose you will have a busy night in the PGT players, coaches, management, ownership, and employees on notice to motivate them. If we win you will have a slightly less busy night putting the same groups on notice to motivate them.

GJG

More importantly, @sipowicz needs to drift onto the Habs board to see his Joel Armia project through. Can't leave Joel hanging.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Dano "waited patiently" last year because he was overweight and out of shape. Hard to blame anyone else for that. When Maurice arrived he announced very publicly that he highly valued conditioning, and went so far as to warn players to work hard in the off-season so they would be ready for a "man's training camp". Dano proceeded to show up to the next two camps out of shape. Hard to blame Maurice for that, really.

Maurice was obviously pleased that he showed up in shape, but that's the bare minimum for an NHL player (TB fired Dotchin into the sun for showing up out of shape). Dano still needed a really big camp to make the opening day roster. I thought he had a good pre-season, but I didn't see him as noticably better than KV, and KV has more upside, in my view. I think Dano will still get plenty of opportunities this season, and I hope he is able take advantage.

It's incredibly unfair to call him "overweight and out of shape" last season. Are there any credible sources confirming that beyond just conjecture? Just because he lost weight between seasons does not mean he was "overweight and out of shape" last season. Laine lost a similar amount of weight this offseason. Are you willing to call him "overweight and out of shape" last season as well?

I hope that at the very least that spot on the Roslovic line is a platoon, Marko deserves a shot and it was his time to get to prove himself. But him not being given a shot on opening night is not a good sign. Maurice has said that the tie goes to the vet, so one must assume that Maurice thinks that KV beat out Dano in preseason which I just cannot see unless Mo has other grievances with Dano.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
It's incredibly unfair to call him "overweight and out of shape" last season. Are there any credible sources confirming that beyond just conjecture? Just because he lost weight between seasons does not mean he was "overweight and out of shape" last season. Laine lost a similar amount of weight this offseason. Are you willing to call him "overweight and out of shape" last season as well?

I hope that at the very least that spot on the Roslovic line is a platoon, Marko deserves a shot and it was his time to get to prove himself. But him not being given a shot on opening night is not a good sign. Maurice has said that the tie goes to the vet, so one must assume that Maurice thinks that KV beat out Dano in preseason which I just cannot see unless Mo has other grievances with Dano.
babcock said tie goes to the vet not Maurice. kv starts probably because he is trusted more on the defensive side of the puck.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
More importantly, @sipowicz needs to drift onto the Habs board to see his Joel Armia project through. Can't leave Joel hanging.
Just when they got a hot Finn teen commodity there to hype, he gonna love it.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
For anyone not happy with the lines, the opening night lines almost never stay intact for long. Injuries , bad losses, etc (remember kane scheifele wheeler? Less than 1 period on opening night).

I am less impressed by the blues than other people. Jets win baby.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
On paper, the Blues look to have improved a fair amount from last season. ROR would be an upgrade over Stastny IMO.

The Central just doesn't get any easier, does it? :(

Hopefully Allen is still Allen in net. (Not high on him)

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Little's back to sink Laine's Rocket hopes once again. Let's see if he can best the 2 primary assists he managed last season.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Blues fan in peace here. You guys were my bandwagon team in the playoffs, so good luck once again this year. Should be an excellent season for both of us.

Tonight our lines are

Maroon-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Steen-Bozak-Perron
Barbashev-Thomas-Blais

Out: Fabbri, Soshnikov, Sundqvist

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Butler-Schmaltz
Mikkola

Out: Edmundson, Gunnarsson, Bortuzzo(susp), Jerabek(visa)

Allen
Johnson
I've watched a good chunk of Blues games and I really like your team. I wish you the best of luck (except against the Jets, ofcourse) :thumbu: I can't believe that the Jets season starts tonight!

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I think Maurice may have learned a lesson with sending Connor down and watching the season he had afterwards once he got a shot.

Vesalainen may not be that trustworthy now but who knows how far he could come along by April if hes playing every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad