GDT: Jets vs Blues October 4th Season Opener - "Random Things"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
How long do you guys think the Ehlers on the fourth line experiment lasts?
Honestly, I think they just get more ice time of they produce. Probably get some of little line minutes of they are really good

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Me at 10:38 am: "okay, relax, you've got some work to do before the game starts, you really need to get that cleared off before you get too hyped for opening day."

Me at 10:39 am:

0Iz0i91.jpg

... yeah it's gonna be a long morning.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Today I didn't think about hoping Laine gets a rocket, or Jets besting last season, or anything like that.

Cup this year, by any means!

6 in 5 everybody

Six in five, six in five
Six in five, six in five
Never need a reason, never need a rhyme
Six in five, six in five
Always read 6 in 5 this way in my head. No cracks about what that means, eh.

Works with:
Cup this time, cup this time too.
:laugh:

Reactions: ps241

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Me at 10:38 am: "okay, relax, you've got some work to do before the game starts, you really need to get that cleared off before you get too hyped for opening day."

Me at 10:39 am:

0Iz0i91.jpg

... yeah it's gonna be a long morning.

Yes it will be a long day today. I keep trying to bring up hockey with colleagues and they are like "winnipegger I don't like hockey" and I am like oh cool did you know Maurice might play Myers left side lolz omg really I know right.

Nov 24, 2006
I hope it lasts all season. It's hardly a forth line more like a 2B line playing against other teams plugs.
It is, and I realize that. But there's only so many minutes to go around. CSW is gonna get a lot of minutes, and so is CLT. Add in PP and PK time, and even a strong 2B line is going to see the ice quite a bit less than the Scheifele and Lowry lines.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
You would think with our "stacked" forward lines -- we should average 4 goals per game. I don't think there's another team with the scoring power we have with the forward lines, and even our defenseman.

All these guys will score quite a few goals this year

Scheif, Laine, Wheeler, Connor, Ehlers, Roslovic, Buff and Myers. Those are our prolific scorers, and the other guys are great as well - Little,Lowry-Perrault etc.

The Jets have to be viewed as an intimidating team to play against with the firepower they have.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Thanks for the GDT! Well done as usual.

Thing's I'm hoping for:
  • A win
  • Solid outing from Helly
  • A goal from the ERV line
  • A Buff smashy-smash
  • A postgame post from the professor with some quotes that can be used the rest of the season!

Reactions: Jack722

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Wait, is Kulikov a healthy scratch in favour of Morrow / Chiarot? Or is he injured??

A few days ago media was saying he was going to be healthy scratched. Reasoned if he was hurt he would have been placed on IR. Take it for what its worth.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I really , really hope Morrow is with Buff not Charoit , Charoit should not get that much ice time . Charoit is a decent 6th defenseman and Morrow a 5 .

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Great GDT Zham!

When I look at the schedule I say to myself “wow, that’s a good team” and “why do we have to play all these great teams in a row?”
And then I realize...

Last year we were better than all of them except one!

After so many middle of the road years, or worse, it’s hard getting used to the fact that the Winnipeg Jets are likely THE BEST HOCKEY TEAM IN THE WORLD!
Let that sink in for a moment. :thumbu:

Last edited:

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Blues fan in peace here. You guys were my bandwagon team in the playoffs, so good luck once again this year. Should be an excellent season for both of us.

Tonight our lines are

Maroon-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Steen-Bozak-Perron
Barbashev-Thomas-Blais

Out: Fabbri, Soshnikov, Sundqvist

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Butler-Schmaltz
Mikkola

Out: Edmundson, Gunnarsson, Bortuzzo(susp), Jerabek(visa)

Allen
Johnson

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Blues fan in peace here. You guys were my bandwagon team in the playoffs, so good luck once again this year. Should be an excellent season for both of us.

Tonight our lines are

Maroon-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Steen-Bozak-Perron
Barbashev-Thomas-Blais

Out: Fabbri, Soshnikov, Sundqvist

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Butler-Schmaltz
Mikkola

Out: Edmundson, Gunnarsson, Bortuzzo(susp), Jerabek(visa)

Allen
Johnson

Butler-Schmaltz sounds like a very uncomfortable nether-regions malady, I hope there is a cure for this.

Reactions: Eyeseeing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad