GDT: Jets vs Blues October 4th Season Opener - "Random Things"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
The Jets are going to be better than the Blues this year, although the Blues will be a good team.

Last year the Jets were better than the Leafs, although the Leafs were a good team.

Last year the Jets started the season against the Leafs, and got smacked. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the same thing happens tonight. The Jets seem to have a history of starting the season with a pratfall, no matter how good they end up being. I know two things, though - first, if the Jets lose tonight it will mean absolutely nothing in terms of indicating how the season will go; and second, the usual suspects will still be throwing tantrums around here about firing the coach, firing the GM, demoting everyone, changing lines, yadda yadda yadda. And they'll be wrong.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Hockey time!

The Blues are a good team, hopefully the Jets are ready tonight.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
yes.png

YESSSS REAL HOCKEY IS BACK! :D

Awesome GDT Zham!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Divisional game , lets get a big win tonight boys !! Great GDT again Zhamnov . Helly plays fantastic , Buff lights up some poor bastard , Laine scores and Sheif shows why he is one of the best centers in the league .

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Go Jets Go!

It's so weird coming into a season with the sort of expectations we have this year. It's amazing how stacked this team is...particularly at forward. Just a deep deep line-up of skilled players. Guys that would have been superstars on the team a few years ago are third-liners on this current team. Ridiculous...

Reactions: Jets 31

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
SOOO pumped for the game tonight...seems like the pre-season took forever! I'm even more excited for the season because I (did the dumb thing and went with my heart instead of my head) and drafted Laine/Hellebuyck with my #1-2 picks in my fantasy draft!!!

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
ok.....so I'm both elated and terrified.

I'm thrilled to see what I consider to be the best overall team the Jets have had since joining the NHL. I'm ready to watch them take another step this year. I think the experience they gained last year will drive the team even further.....

But......

with all the portents and prognostications of playoff success and top flight results...I'm scared. I'm old enough to have seen a lot of "heavy favourites" poop the bed and end up at the bottom of the standings.

it's a lonnnnnnng season, probably wont have much left of my fingernails before it's done.

GO JETS GO!!!!!

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Really if we lose tonight it’s time to start thinking about the draft pick. Lose for Hughes :sarcasm:

Reactions: ps241

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
First several games of the season are usually a toss up. I'll have to see a few games before I start betting all of my hard-earned vMonies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
What's the over/under on how many minutes into the game we get the first "bad coaching" comment?

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
ok.....so I'm both elated and terrified.

But......

with all the portents and prognostications of playoff success and top flight results...I'm scared. I'm old enough to have seen a lot of "heavy favourites" poop the bed and end up at the bottom of the standings.

it's a lonnnnnnng season, probably wont have much left of my fingernails before it's done.

GO JETS GO!!!!!

yeah it's hard to not feel fearful of things going totally the opposite of what almost everyone seems to be predicting. I think the only way that happens though is if Helly blows it. He's the lynch pin afaic...as long as we get league average out of him we'll be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad