Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Line combos please! Any final word?

I wonder how Dano puts up a happy face and keeps a positive attitude. Most would be livid to not make the opening night lineup after waiting patiently last season, seemingly doing everything that was asked of him this summer and having a good preseason. Would love to know what he did to Maurice to make Maurice hate him so much.

No Kulikov. Many of us called it a bad contract when it was signed, if this is a sign of things to come it might be approaching "albatross" territory.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

I wonder how Dano puts up a happy face and keeps a positive attitude. Most would be livid to not make the opening night lineup after waiting patiently last season, seemingly doing everything that was asked of him this summer and having a good preseason. Would love to know what he did to Maurice to make Maurice hate him so much.

No Kulikov. Many of us called it a bad contract when it was signed, if this is a sign of things to come it might be approaching "albatross" territory.

Thought Dano would get the opening game at least, sounds like Kuli still isn't 100% and most likely a lot less as even at 90% he's way better than either Morrow or Chariot!

Don't get the Kuli hate or is it the contract to an often injured player, thought he was pretty darn good when he was healthy last season.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Just wondering whether I should wake up 3 am to watch the game live or like 4 am to watch half of the game recorded, half live. Just a bit too excited to sleep just now.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Somehow I expect Jets to struggle more than the last regular season, but still do great. Playoffs is the only thing that matters anyway.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Blues fan in peace here. You guys were my bandwagon team in the playoffs, so good luck once again this year. Should be an excellent season for both of us.

Tonight our lines are

Maroon-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Steen-Bozak-Perron
Barbashev-Thomas-Blais

Out: Fabbri, Soshnikov, Sundqvist

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Butler-Schmaltz
Mikkola

Out: Edmundson, Gunnarsson, Bortuzzo(susp), Jerabek(visa)

Allen
Johnson

Blues have a solid looking team. Better injury luck, and Allen bouncing back, and they're making some noise. Good luck!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

You're right that is tough. Fortunately the 800k that he is making should lift his spirits a bit.

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
Go Jets Go!
On a personal level I made a decision to save the Jets games on my DVR and watch them after work day. Last season I woke up for about 60 Jets matches plus playoffs and that totally screwed my biorhytms. I automatically woke up just before jets game, typycally 3AM Finnish time. So I will not make any further gdt commenting. Weekend games, or earlier games I will of course watch live. Good luck to all and remember to behave :)

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Go Jets Go!
On a personal level I made a decision to save the Jets games on my DVR and watch them after work day. Last season I woke up for about 60 Jets matches plus playoffs and that totally screwed my biorhytms. I automatically woke up just before jets game, typycally 3AM Finnish time. So I will not make any further gdt commenting. Weekend games, or earlier games I will of course watch live. Good luck to all and remember to behave :)

I did most of the time woke up like 6am, watch the game skipping all the pauses and then went to the work. I had my share of 3 am games 16-17 season, which often suckes as the Jets did lose too much back then.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009

One guess as to the bolded:

{snip}
hey coach...har someboty put a fart at you backstage?

{more snip}

Nonetheless I'm expecting a great ass by Laine.

m.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Dano "waited patiently" last year because he was overweight and out of shape. Hard to blame anyone else for that. When Maurice arrived he announced very publicly that he highly valued conditioning, and went so far as to warn players to work hard in the off-season so they would be ready for a "man's training camp". Dano proceeded to show up to the next two camps out of shape. Hard to blame Maurice for that, really.

Maurice was obviously pleased that he showed up in shape, but that's the bare minimum for an NHL player (TB fired Dotchin into the sun for showing up out of shape). Dano still needed a really big camp to make the opening day roster. I thought he had a good pre-season, but I didn't see him as noticably better than KV, and KV has more upside, in my view. I think Dano will still get plenty of opportunities this season, and I hope he is able take advantage.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

he doesn't hate dano. he isn't that good. making 900k eating popcorn in pb is a good gig. don't feel sorry for him

Reactions: FFHockey

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Thought Dano would get the opening game at least, sounds like Kuli still isn't 100% and most likely a lot less as even at 90% he's way better than either Morrow or Chariot!

Don't get the Kuli hate or is it the contract to an often injured player, thought he was pretty darn good when he was healthy last season.

I thought Kuli was real good as well, when he was healthy - but I do think Morrow will be just as good, or maybe better. Judging by the lineups --I think the Jet's feel that way as well.

Reactions: sipowicz

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Having a former Miss Universe finalist (Petra Polakova) as your girlfriend probably helps Marko immensely in the happiness and positivity department.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Albatross contract? Oh good grief. :facepalm:

Reactions: sipowicz

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Blues fan in peace here. You guys were my bandwagon team in the playoffs, so good luck once again this year. Should be an excellent season for both of us.

Tonight our lines are

Maroon-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Steen-Bozak-Perron
Barbashev-Thomas-Blais

Out: Fabbri, Soshnikov, Sundqvist

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Butler-Schmaltz
Mikkola

Out: Edmundson, Gunnarsson, Bortuzzo(susp), Jerabek(visa)

Allen
Johnson

Have a great season when you are not playing us and a melt down when your team does :D.
Props to GDT on the Blues forum. Very well done.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
he doesn't hate dano. he isn't that good. making 900k eating popcorn in pb is a good gig. don't feel sorry for him

Basically, worst case, he's got free Winnipeg Jets season tickets and he's being paid $900,000 to go to all the games. Who among us wouldn't trade places with him?

Dessert Nights

Back in Form
Nov 22, 2016
Finland
My prediction is that Jets and Blues will be within 2 points after 82 games and the winner of this game will be the one who is higher in the standings (both finishing Top 3 in Central). So win tonight and secure the Top 2 spot. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad