Post-Game Talk: Jets Smash Preds 6-2

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Hey, nice to read this forum again. No arguing, blaming and giving up on a team cuz of one loss in 7 game series (and this team has lost only 3 games in post season).
Let's go and win it on Monday and prove classless POS Subban wrong again :thumbu:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I just can’t believe this! I did not expect this at all.
What I don’t get is why Nashville stopped playing the trap right from the start of the second period even before we scored.
It looked a lot more like Nashville stopped playing the trap than it did that we figured out how to beat it.
Am I wrong?
I noticed this too. I feel like the Preds deviated from their plan to be honest, and then when we scored they had to play a different way.

Full credit to our boys but it sure looks like the Preds (and Rinne) have shot themselves in the foot a lot in this series.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
They didn't attempt it at all. They were never ahead.

You'll see a return of them playing that way with success should the Jets ever fall behind early. Nashville learned their lesson after game 3.

I like our chances of never seeing it again though:thumbu:

Great game. What a shame the organizers of the event I'm working put the band on when every period started as opposed to letting them play during the intermissions.
Incorrect. They were trapping the Jets in the first, which was partially why we had nothing going.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Incorrect. They were trapping the Jets in the first, which was partially why we had nothing going.

I didn't think so. I didn't see a 1-3-1 being used, rather it was an aggressive forecheck that Nashville employed.

EDIT: Lebrun just posted an Athletic article. He didn't see it either.

"Never trailing in the game prevented Nashville from being able to sit back and set up a wall again like Game 4."

Last edited:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
How inconsiderate for KC to score a goal :mad:when the great Nashville choir were going through their hymns:rolleyes:, the NHL needs to step in :confused:and tell the ref's not to drop the puck until they are done:oops:, this new rule should be put in place next year when they have another home game o_O

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
If they were trapping, it was the worst demonstration of it ever.
Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 12.00.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 12.00.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 12.00.20 PM.png

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

It wasn't the full trap that they played here. I believe that they don't think that they can trap fully AND score, so they need the goal before they sit back.

What they were doing was trying to force the d-man to go up the wall and then pressure the guy who takes the pass. They were making it tough to break out but not trapping.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Oh this is ****ing rich. Perreault would have won game 4 for the Jets. Did you watch the game?

Geez.

No, he wouldn't have won game 4. He might have helped to win it. Hendy contributed nothing - which meant his entire line contributed nothing. How is it even possible to argue that?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
They were trapping. They had all but one in the neutral zone stepping up on the Jets for the first period.

In the second, inexplicably they started being more aggressive on their forecheck which allowed the Jets to build up speed through the center ice area. After the Jets scored the first goal, they had to change the game.

YetAnotherGM

Jan 8, 2014
There was no trap in the 1st period. The Jets couldn't make a single clean pass especially in their d-zone and neutral zone.

Once they got the goals the difference in the passing game was night and day.

They seemed playing tight to start the last few games. It would have been game over if Nashville had scored on their chances in the 1st.

Connor made a great save on Turris (I think) off a face off.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
They were trapping. They had all but one in the neutral zone stepping up on the Jets for the first period.

In the second, inexplicably they started being more aggressive on their forecheck which allowed the Jets to build up speed through the center ice area. After the Jets scored the first goal, they had to change the game.

How is it “inexplicable?” You can’t win without scoring. At some point if you aren’t leading you can’t trap...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad