Post-Game Talk: Jets Smash Preds 6-2

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Hopefully the Jets can seal the deal tomorrow.

Hope the Sharks manage to win their series so we can beat Kane.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I feel like your life would be a lot easier if you let go of trying to defend him :laugh:

Hendricks out, Perreault in and Perreault was awesome. You're going to get comments like this, and why not? Our lineup looked dynamite.

Full props to Maurice tonight for sure: good lineup, and he hasn't shied from making line changes either lately, a lot of which have been effective.

I'm sure as shit not defending Hendricks.

I'm opposing the opinions that are so extreme they fly in the face of logic.

I've noticed your a bit new here or perhaps a converted lurker but I'm not a fan of Hendricks I just don't hate him, realise he had a decent season and would rather wish him succeed rather than condemn him to failure before he actually gets to play.

Some of the posts I've read recently about him seem to attempt to lay the foundation for us loosing in the playoffs by blaming Hendy and PoMo by extension.

We're playing the best team in the league according to the regular season and it seemed like a bunch of posters had us going 4-0 if it wasn't for Matt Hendricks.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
They were out of some other stuff too that I see is restocked. So they keep adding items and getting more back in stock, so worth keeping an eye on

I figure that--in this case, since they're giving away 15,000 for every home game--they won't be selling them until there's more certainty with their stock levels (for example, if the Jets are eliminated, or even if they advance and there's a necessity for another order).

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
When Hendricks has been in, the 4th rides the pine and the top lines play too much. That's what I see. I think the Jets have an advantage when they can roll 4 lines more and wear down the Preds D. To me, it's not just about one player but about ensuring you have 4 functional lines that Maurice trusts.

I wish I could like this post twice.
That’s exactly it.
At least for me.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I'm sure as **** not defending Hendricks.

I've noticed your a bit new here or perhaps a converted lurker but I'm not a fan of Hendricks I just don't hate him, realise he had a decent season and would rather wish him succeed rather than condemn him to failure before he actually gets to play.

Some of the posts I've read recently about him seem to attempt to lay the foundation for us loosing in the playoffs by blaming Hendy and PoMo by extension.

We're playing the best team in the league according to the regular season and it seemed like a bunch of posters had us going 4-0 if it wasn't for Matt Hendricks.

It's harder for us to win with Hendricks in the lineup when there are better healthy options available. People are / were trying to understand why make it harder for us to win - just because?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I still prefer these two guys to the other two turds they had in the Wild series. Galley and what's his name, with the big words.

Agree - but CBC has no say in that. We got the different crew because Leafs are out.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I'm sure as **** not defending Hendricks.

I think most people do not want Hendricks in due to what he does to the usage of the 4th line, rather than just "Hendricks herp-derp!". This is prime example of how TOI is distributed with/without him - it's not a direct comparable due to some other differences in the roster, but it does represent two blow-outs where you'd expect the TOI to be fairly evenly distributed:

tQ4ABPP.gif

I see a 3 line team, versus a 4 line team.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I think most people do not want Hendricks in due to what he does to the usage of the 4th line, rather than just "Hendricks herp-derp!". This is prime example of how TOI is distributed with/without him - it's not a direct comparable due to some other differences in the roster, but it does represent two blow-outs where you'd expect the TOI to be fairly evenly distributed:

tQ4ABPP.gif

I see a 3 line team, versus a 4 line team.

I don't necessarily disagree that it's about time on ice. However, I don't believe that Jack Roslovic really helps in the TOI.

Neither does anyone else not named Mathieu Perreault.

It was the Hendy vs Roslo debate that gets me as well as blaming him for the OT goal and getting mad at his penalties when Roslo and plenty of others took bad ones too.

It's the magnification of any perceived weakness that he has to 10x what the impact is.

Also, game score seems to get lost on those talking about TOI. I would imagine if the Jets are down 1 or 2 goals in the third the bench gets shortened even with this lineup.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
It's harder for us to win with Hendricks in the lineup when there are better healthy options available. People are / were trying to understand why make it harder for us to win - just because?

Who were the better healthy options?

Roslo would be better in terms of P/60 but worse in Corsi% but he has a limited sample size and is a rookie. He hasn't been overly good these playoffs and those that point to his higher Corsi% don't seem to factor in line mates.

All of Matthias, Dano, Petan, Lemieux were worse in terms of P/60 and Corsi compared the Hendy during the season.

We can use the statistics to determine the difference between Hendy and Roslo in 10 mins of ice they would kinda see.

Mathieu Perreault is a different animal and he makes an extreme difference in impact but was coming off a brutal shoulder injury and PoMo gave him and extra couple days rest.

I don't truly believe PoMo kept a 100% MP out of the lineup in favor of Hendricks.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Also, game score seems to get lost on those talking about TOI. I would imagine if the Jets are down 1 or 2 goals in the third the bench gets shortened even with this lineup.

It wasn't lost in my comparison - I specifically went back to a "similar" game, where the Jets blew the Preds out of the arena. As apples to apples as I could get, with the only difference being Roslo/Armia and Perrault/Hendricks.

He's not an NHL player anymore, and creates a 4th line that barely treads water, forcing TOI adjustments to the other lines that aren't conducive to winning consistently, or keeping players fresh for the next game.

In any event: the complaining about the complaining is getting worse than the complaining. He didn't play last night, and probably won't play tomorrow - I'm going to start shuffling all Hendricks discussions off to his own thread so those that are more interested in the 20 other aspects of the game to discuss can ignore the Hendricks stuff, and concentrate on the game.

Last edited:

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
I think having both Perrault and Armia in is huge for us. When we were healthy in the regular season, running four solid lines was giving other teams fits and they had no answer for in defending. We haven't had that luxury during the playoffs until now.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I still prefer these two guys to the other two turds they had in the Wild series. Galley and what's his name, with the big words.

You must mean Paul "Scheif the Knife glissandos one round the penultimate whiteboards -- good gravy, what a splendid circumnavigation towards the puck-gobbler!" Romaniuk.

My screensaver provides more relevant commentary.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
I don't necessarily disagree that it's about time on ice. However, I don't believe that Jack Roslovic really helps in the TOI.

Neither does anyone else not named Mathieu Perreault.

It was the Hendy vs Roslo debate that gets me as well as blaming him for the OT goal and getting mad at his penalties when Roslo and plenty of others took bad ones too.

It's the magnification of any perceived weakness that he has to 10x what the impact is.

There was a post in another thread and Jack's Advanced stats are far superior to Hendricks in everyway. So yeah it would make us 4 line team. Obviously not as much as Frenchie but it will be eventually.

Reactions: probablywrongbut
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

I don't think you should know who it is ?? --I sure don't, but I sure like her looks--and of course her "patriotic" fan appeal is nice to see. Maybe if you hung around the MTS Center, you could meet her ? --maybe get lucky. :)

well it is now officially the red light district...

Anyways I'll take coach at his word when he said he didn't want to insert TWO players just back from injury into game four.

Occam's razor: Whenever there's multiple explanations for an occurrence the simplest one is usually best.

Let's move on. Kulikov is skating in a non contact! Great News!!

Now we can spend the next 24 hours venting about Maurice not playing him!:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
There was a post in another thread and Jack's Advanced stats are far superior to Hendricks in everyway. So yeah it would make us 4 line team. Obviously not as much as Frenchie but it will be eventually.

They aren't far superior. Not if you use an appropriate sample size from this season.

You also fail to understand that the total impact of Roslo in for Hendy is 1 player playing 10 minutes. Considering you have 17 other players and 1 goalie all have a larger impact on XG than Hendy or Roslo.

And again you don't take into account Linemates.

Roslo is nowhere near the player MP is.

Did you even read my full posts?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
We apparently are slowly getting worse. Rosie isn't the player Perrault Is. Niku isn't half the player enstrom is. Poolman isn't a 1/3 the player Myers is. Neither Connor or ehlers are half as good as wheeler or Perrault. You'd think this is our last kick at the can:sarcasm:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Enough with the Hendricks crap.

He did not play last night - if you want to discuss roster stuff, take it to the roster thread, or create a dedicated thread to discuss it. I've already issued a warning, edited, deleted posts, etc. Any further Hendricks discussion in this thread will simply be deleted.

It's like herding cats sometimes. I love you guys and gals, but... :rant: :laugh:

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Enough with the Hendricks crap.

He did not play last night - if you want to discuss roster stuff, take it to the roster thread, or create a dedicated thread to discuss it. I've already issued a warning, edited, deleted posts, etc. Any further Hendricks discussion in this thread will simply be deleted.

It's like herding cats sometimes. I love you guys and gals, but... :rant: :laugh:

Amen brother/sister.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Ehlers is due for a goal. Laine's been good and got the ball rolling with his shot that went off of Stastny. It was Ehlers who created that play by drawing two players on him so one could argue that he stepped up as well. Our Jets are looking pretty good!
Ehlers only has 12 shots through 9 games. He hasn't generated much.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
My friend and I just looked and it said or one game in the finals. Is that the right read of it? That would mean that not only does Dano not get his name on the cup, but, Roslo doesn't either.
A team can also petition the commissioner to add names if extenuating circumstances kept them from playing. Unlikely they do it for Dano, but they might for Rosie especially if he gets a few more games in before the finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad