Post-Game Talk: Jets Smash Preds 6-2

Whileee

May 29, 2010
When Hendricks is in and we win its in spite of him. When Hendricks is in and we lose its because of him. He can't have impact when we win, but he has a hell of a lot of impact when we lose. Just get with the program already!
When Hendricks has been in, the 4th rides the pine and the top lines play too much. That's what I see. I think the Jets have an advantage when they can roll 4 lines more and wear down the Preds D. To me, it's not just about one player but about ensuring you have 4 functional lines that Maurice trusts.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
That would be fun. But it would be kind of cool to have Ovi and Laine shooting it out in the final.
That's the only team I don't want the Jets to play ... Ovi would break the record for the most goals scores. It's like when Laine plays the Stars.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
When Hendricks has been in, the 4th rides the pine and the top lines play too much. That's what I see. I think the Jets have an advantage when they can roll 4 lines more and wear down the Preds D. To me, it's not just about one player but about ensuring you have 4 functional lines that Maurice trusts.
Like Maurice said ... the scores it the reason the 4th line gets less time ... every team does it when they are losing. The top line gets more ice time and the 4th line's job is to prevent the other team from scoring.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
DcfksOYV0AAhgbC.jpg:large

Congratulations!

This is the best post in the thread!

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Looks like the refs got a call from Bettman about the last game with the BS calls and non calls that helped the Preds win.
Only one Jet penalty and the Preds get blown out.

Reactions: broinwhyteridge

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Sorry. Legitimate question. Is this someone I should know who it is?

I don't think you should know who it is ?? --I sure don't, but I sure like her looks--and of course her "patriotic" fan appeal is nice to see. Maybe if you hung around the MTS Center, you could meet her ? --maybe get lucky. :)

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Dallas has the 4th highest defensive GAR in the league?

Klingberg! If you look at that thread on Twitter, Turturo ranks the teams with their best GAR defender removed. Dallas goes from a defensive GAR of 10.80 to 3.33 - so Klingberg is worth 7.47 by himself. The Jets D are more spread out (there are several decent GAR defenders), only losing 2.86 when their Top D is removed.

Anyway, it's just interesting - not sure if there's any predictive value...though in the first round, CBJ was the only team that lost with a higher total GAR than their opponent (WSH - who seem really low). 3 of the 4 current series are led by the team with higher total GAR as well (again, WSH being the exception).

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Really? I guess I'm just old but I remember a time when people smiled in their pictures. :thumbd:

Maybe that was a picture after a Jet's loss-- I'm sure you'd get a big smiile out of her with a couple good Predator jokes :dunno:

On the other hand, after looking at the picture again--I think she's "puckering up" to kiss "somebody important"-- so you may be out of luck-- as she likes "important people." -- and you consider yourself "unimportant."-- so you may be out of luck ??

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Quick thoughts...

CSW - Microcosm of their season. They were pinned in their zone often in the first period, but then turned everything into magic with sublime skill and chemistry. Connor showed that he's an elite talent. I think that running four lines kept them fresh, and as the game wore on they just rag-dolled a tiring Preds' D.

ESL - Quieter game for this line than usual, with Ehlers really having a hard time finding space. But then a great little play by Ehlers gives Laine some space, and a flick of the wrist with Stastny in front breaks the Preds' spell. In the end, you need those talented plays to get the edge in the playoffs. I think we might see Perreault on with Laine and Stastny. That line needs a puck-getter.

PLA - Another strong game from Little. Perreault got stronger as the game wore on, and so did Armia. Maybe shaking off some rust and catching up to the Preds pace.

CLT - Nice to have a real 4th line that you can roll. Just like the rest of the team, they struggled in the first, but they had it rolling from the 2nd and beyond. Great game by Lowry, though would likely fly under the radar for many. Preds D are getting tired of him.

44-8 Outstanding game. Simple and clean game by Trouba. Morrissey was strong.

39-33 - Really liked Enstrom's game. Very steady in his own zone. Buff was a difference maker, but my goodness, why do you pinch behind the O net when you're the only D on a PP, up 4-1, with 2 minutes left in the 2nd period. Really bad decision, there, and it could have cost the Jets dearly.

7-57 Gong show again, for the most part. Made me nervous almost every shift. Myers looks tired and ponderous. Chiarot is a terrible partner for him because he forces Myers to make all the puck plays. Chiarot was back to the "icing machine" stuff.

Hellebuyck was terrific, especially in the 1st. Held the team in the game until they got things going.

Also, I think Ron Mclean is right - the Preds' top 4 was looking weary from the mid-point of the game. They are getting run hard, and the Jets are making them pay. I liked how the Jets have switched their strategy to flush them out from behind their net so they can't get comfortable and get easy changes. It also led to a goal by Connor. The Jets running 4 lines and the Preds running 4 D might be an important storyline in this series... I think the Jets are the fresher team at this point.

10 out of 10 here Whileee

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack722 and GNP

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Like Maurice said ... the scores it the reason the 4th line gets less time ... every team does it when they are losing. The top line gets more ice time and the 4th line's job is to prevent the other team from scoring.

Sure. We have a whole season to look at with and without Hendricks 4th line usage in a variety of game situations. Maurice coaches like he has a handicap for a 4th line when Hendricks is on the bench. We’ve seen it. Otherwise he rolls 4 lines.

The 4th lines job is to be better than whoever they are on the ice against, just like every other line. With Hendricks our coach (correctly) believes that there is a lower probability of that line winning any matchup and he runs his bench accordingly.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Could someone who was at one of the home games send me a whiteout towel. I will pay shipping if you have more than one. Two would be even better.

If no one sends you one, you can find the 2018 towels online at true north shop under playoff gear: 2018 PLAYOFFS

Link says 'Sold Out', but I bet that's just while the Jets are still playing.

Something my wife noticed, there was go preds chant, and it did not seem that anyone in the lower bowl were moving or saying anything.
Odd.

When was this? Do you recall? I could try to upload a clip.

View attachment 119545

Ain't she a beauty !!! --gotta be my favorite Jet's fan --muaaaah:heart:

That photo is doctored.

Chant 'Roman Josi' to make him jealous?

Boo Roman Josi to make him jealous. :nod:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
How many games do you need to play in order to have your name engraved? Does Poolman qualify? Dano? Mathias?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I believe it's 41 regular season appearances or one game in the playoffs to qualify.
My friend and I just looked and it said or one game in the finals. Is that the right read of it? That would mean that not only does Dano not get his name on the cup, but, Roslo doesn't either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad