Post-Game Talk: Jets Smash Preds 6-2

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
We are gonna have to go thru the gauntlet to the SCF. Number 1 team in the NHL and Vegas (who I am terrified of)

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
We apparently are slowly getting worse. Rosie isn't the player Perrault Is. Niku isn't half the player enstrom is. Poolman isn't a 1/3 the player Myers is. Neither Connor or ehlers are half as good as wheeler or Perrault. You'd think this is our last kick at the can:sarcasm:

The Winnipeg Fractions are here to rezone, subdivide and argue about the relative merits of your village.

That was a fun game. Need to be ruthless tomorrow and Vegas them cats.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

TorJet

Jun 27, 2016
Why is it that the CBC crew roots for Nashville? A broadcaster should call the games and commentate neutral.

CBC doesn’t “root for Nashville” - sorry, that’s simply false.

I’ve heard interviews with Al Michaels and Joe Buck - both said that the most common thing people come up to them and say is “why do you hate my team”. And it’s been said about every team they cover - clearly they can’t hate them all.

CBC, particularly the panel, has covered the series quite well to this point imo. I don’t need a homer crew spoon feeding me only positive press about the jets - I’m happy to watch and listen and come to my own conclusions.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
you guys are now at Leaf fan levels of planning the parade.
stawppp
Isn't it great being a fan when you are only 1 of 6 teams that has a chance to win the cup. A win tomorrow and we will be down to the final 4. Everything is worth speculating about as we count down the hours between games. As long as you keep it on your own board of course. I wouldn't speculate on such things in the open jungle.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
Why is it that the CBC crew roots for Nashville? A broadcaster should call the games and commentate neutral.

This has been pointed out numerous times, but it seems it needs to be pointed out yet again...

The crew is not the "CBC crew", it is the "Sportsnet crew"!

CBC didn't hire them. CBC had no say in whether or not they would be involved. CBC has no power to influence anything they say. Stop blaming the CBC!

Also, they're really not rooting for Nashville, or anyone else, as has been pointed out. If you start with the opinion that unbiased means Dennis Beyak and TSN Jets, then anything else is going to sound to you like it's biased against the Jets. You would be wrong.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Enough with the Hendricks crap.

He did not play last night - if you want to discuss roster stuff, take it to the roster thread, or create a dedicated thread to discuss it. I've already issued a warning, edited, deleted posts, etc. Any further Hendricks discussion in this thread will simply be deleted.

It's like herding cats sometimes. I love you guys and gals, but... :rant: :laugh:

Mod's work is never done. ;)

pHXPk4m.gif

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Maybe I'm nitpicking but ..... there is no CBC crew. The CBC does not have an NHL broadcast crew. The CBC does not employ the on air crew, the camera crew, the production crew or anyone else connected to NHL broadcasts. They simply transmit the SportsNet content.

But I agree - they should never appear to favour Nash in this series. I don't know if it is just that they try too hard to be neutral and sometimes cross the line or if there really is a pro Nash bias.

Whatever the explanation, it shouldn't happen. They don't even need to be neutral. They should be providing the home team broadcast. As long as they remain objective/honest, they should lean towards the Jets.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
As long as they remain objective/honest, they should lean towards the Jets.

Leaning toward one option over another is the very definition of bias, and the opposite of objective. They can't be both.

I think the announcers simply recognize things in both teams they like. They have said good things about both teams. Remember in an earlier series when a Minny player (I think it was) missed on a good goal chance and the announcer sounded downright disappointed, and the board reacted with outrage that an announcer should be so biased? Hughson sounded exactly the same when Connor missed on his breakaway a game or two ago, but no one here even recognized it. Face it, we're way more biased than the announcers. Biased to the point of blinkered, I'd say.

Reactions: Jack722

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Leaning toward one option over another is the very definition of bias, and the opposite of objective. They can't be both.

I think the announcers simply recognize things in both teams they like. They have said good things about both teams. Remember in an earlier series when a Minny player (I think it was) missed on a good goal chance and the announcer sounded downright disappointed, and the board reacted with outrage that an announcer should be so biased? Hughson sounded exactly the same when Connor missed on his breakaway a game or two ago, but no one here even recognized it. Face it, we're way more biased than the announcers. Biased to the point of blinkered, I'd say.

I don't agree that you can't be both - but that is why I put it as objective/honest. You can have a preference without losing your ability to see and report reality.

That said, I haven't really had any problem with the broadcast crew in this series. Generally, previous experience with SN crews has been bad.

I don't like it when even the home team broadcast carries the homerism too far. If the refs make a good call against us I don't like pbp & colour guy making it out to be a bad call. Just tell the truth. But I do like them to take a little pleasure from a home goal and disappointment from an opposition goal. But if we were lucky and the opposition good they can say that too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad