Post-Game Talk: Jets Smash Preds 6-2

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Don't know why the media is saying the Jets finally iced a fully healthy lineup, first of all many of the players on both teams are playing hurt it's the playoffs, and second they must be forgetting about Kulikov who makes Myers better and make the d on a whole even better.
Yup. People have forgotten about Kulikov and agreed he would be an upgrade for the bottom pairing.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I agree with this. Scoring first forces them to abandon that trap game.

Absolutely. However, again the trap isn't magic. It can be beat. Having 4 dangerous lines available to us as well as home ice advantage gives us a chance against it..

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I would love to knock out the Pens in Final. We could put an end to the Vegas fairytale, eliminate President Trophy winner (and sc finalist) and finally prevail over repeat stanley cup champions.

I'll take any scenario that has the parade in Winnipeg. :laugh:

But i agree with the sentiment supporting Ovi too. Hope he keeps winning as long as he isn't facing us. :thumbu:

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
As a Winnipeg fan of OV you can't lose if it's a Caps Jets final. But I hope the Jets win. They have to do it this year because you don't know about next. Might not even make the playoffs*.

*By 20 points.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Z-Cool Jets Fan.jpg

Ain't she a beauty !!! --gotta be my favorite Jet's fan --muaaaah:heart:

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
This series has emphasized the importance of Troubs on defense. If he doesn’t want to sign then I think I’d prefer we get a replacement defenseman for him in a trade rather use him to get a replacement center for Stastny.
Sign them both! I thought Chariot played a good game.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Nah, those plays happen both ways. In the previous game Rinne stopped the puck with the knob of his stick on a sure goal. This game Wheeler had a wide open net as well that he failed to score on. We should be confident, because our Jets have proven to be the superiour team so far, and had we had a healthy lineup during our reg season games vs the preds, we probably would be the President trophy winners and not them.

Confident yes. Overconfident no.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Best part of the game was when they did their scripted chanting after a goal and KC shut them up before they could finish

On that, from another HF forum: And that's why you don't have long, drawn out chants after a goal. Connor buries one just as the Nashville fans finish part 8 of their song.

Reactions: broinwhyteridge

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Just went by the main board to check out what people were saying about the series. Well that was a quick in and out. Not sure how some of you do it? There is more than enough conflict for me on our own little piece of HF Boards never mind getting into it with opposing fans. At least we all hope and pray for the Jets to win even if we disagree on occasion how it gets done :laugh:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
1> The fact that Kyle Connor isn't even a Calder finalist is a f***ing shame. He's the least talked about of our young ones, but shoudn't be.
2> The pick up of Paul Stasny has been CRITICAL for this team in the playoffs. I don't think we have a shot at the WC Finals without him. When nearly everyone else was floundering, trying to figure out their game in the first, Paul put his work boots on and calmly and methodically got us established. I hope to hell we re-sign this guy.
3> I was cursing Buff in the first, especially when he just 'fell down'. Wow, did he ever turn it around in the second, along with the rest of the boys. Hockey is a weird sport and it shows just how much emotion plays into it. Hockey is 75% mental for sure at this level.
4>Best part about Frenchie in and Hendricks out? Maybe we can STFU about it now :laugh: Seriously though, it was great to have Perreault's tenacity and skill back in the lineup.
5> I will never get tired of 'dissapointed Subban face'
r208849_600x600_1-1.jpg

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
I really liked the strategy to force their D from behind the net. Their top 4 all seem to like to set up shop, take a bit of a breather and then breakout. Breaking up this seemed to have them looking gassed by late in the game.

Totally agree. I think they have a timing scheme they run in their breakouts that results in a winder or d man being open to carry the puck in. They did it a lot in games 1-4 but yesterday we were forcing that decision and it hardly ever resulted in the Preds getting a good entry, it was always a deflected shot pass into the zone.

Reactions: ps241 and KingBogo

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
This must be an amazing serie for a neutral fan. As a fan of the Jets (for me) it's too hard to really enjoy it, before it's over. This is 60 minutes full of stress looking at the game lol.
How about 4 OT games in 6 game series? Lost a couple of pounds. :D

That Connor feed on Scheifele goal was something else. Watched it live and was like "Omg, where is this puck came from?!" I'm so glad Maurice is rolling 4lines right now.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I really thought Nashville was outplaying the Jets, until the Jets scored and then they just kept scoring! I feel like these teams are pretty evenly matched, and getting good and lucky bounces (especially early on) is the most important thing really. Some of the Jets goals were really pretty, but they needed the first ugly goal bouncing of Stastny to open everything up.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad