Post-Game Talk: Jets smack Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Yes I did Ginger Papa. Sorry about that!
No problem, I like Turtles
IMG_4800.GIF

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
This may be a controversial post, but I really think Paul Maurice was extended with certain conditions.
One of them might be that he was told to let his players play THEIR game more and let their natural speed and talent take over.
Right now anyway, this does not look like a team that’s trying not to lose as before. They look like a team trying hard to win and finally enjoying the game again.
They are playing to their strengths instead of being scared of making mistakes.

Last edited:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
This may be a controversial post, but I really think Paul Maurice was extended with certain conditions.
One of them maybe being told to let his players play their game more and let their natural speed and talent take over.
Right now anyway, this does not look like a team that’s trying not to lose as before. They look like a team trying hard to win and finally enjoying the game again.
Mrs . Eyeseeing said the same thing tonight

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
One of them maybe being told to let his players play their game more and let their natural speed and talent take over.

Agreed, while there is still a focus on defense there has been a bit of a shift in philosophy with regards to offensive play.

The players look like they are having much more fun and the hockey has been much more enjoyable.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Keith Tkachuk was an asshole and it's easy to see the apples don't fall far from the tree.

Demelo so calm and steady. Outside Poolman that D corps looked serviceable.

Hopefully Schiefele and Ehlers go on a bit of a tear now. Wheeler really fought the puck tonight
DeMelo was solid. Beaulieu was awful with the puck, as usual.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Welcome to
Jets are in a Playoff Spot, so Sleep Easy presented by Best Sleep Centre

When you see this picture, you can rest assured that when you wake up tomorrow, the Jets will be holding a playoff spot.
090306-KEAM-PHIL_2630502.jpg

Stanley Cup yoooooooouu'lll find us!

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
DeMelo wearing #12, for some reason seems odd, for the only fact that I don't recall any prominent Jet wearing that number. The first player I recalled was Drew Stafford:laugh: and then Jokinen.

Doug Smail wore #12 but I remember him for wearing # 9.

Here's hoping DeMelo makes that number the most memorable (in a good way)

Winnipeg Jets 1.0/Phoenix Coyotes wearers of # 12
UW0TGtY.png

Atlanta/Jets 2.0 wearers of # 12
7matT09.png

Reactions: Ginger Papa

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Me like DeMelo.
Beaulieu gets eaten alive by teams with skill. His skating is too poor.
I'd rather have Sbisa, Bitetto or Niku than Beaulieu.

Disagree, Jets iced the best defence they've had all season, Sbisa or Potato over Beauleau seriously? And Niku flat out just not as good as the six the Jets iced tonight. On the plus side Niku has the potential to get a lot better, the Sbisa and Potato not!

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
One of them might be that he was told to let his players play THEIR game more and let their natural speed and talent take over.

I think it's more that the threat of not being extended is gone and he's let go of the reins a bit more, and less that he was told to do it.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I think it's more that the threat of not being extended is gone and he's let go of the reins a bit more, and less that he was told to do it.

To me it's all completely unfounded conjecture; derived from/building on the narrative that the players win in spite of the coach instead of because of the coach - and that our players are supremely talented and have been 'held back' and haven't been allowed to be 'creative'.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I agree with this, and thought the same thing -- wearing # 12 as a defenseman seems a little weird to me. Usually always forwards have worn that number. Maybe he'll change it to 22, or 72 or something ? but as long as he plays good, that's all that matters.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I agree with this, and thought the same thing -- wearing # 12 as a defenseman seems a little weird to me. Usually always forwards have worn that number. Maybe he'll change it to 22, or 72 or something ? but as long as he plays good, that's all that matters.
He can have 2 next year.

Reactions: GNP

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
12 looks weird to me on anyone not named Iginla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad