Post-Game Talk: Jets smack Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think you have a point. Not sure how CCW would mesh but it could work if Copp can anchor that line defensively. Could be worth a shot at some point.

But Laine and Connor are both very smart players, Connor maybe has some vision issues on the playmaking side but on the other hand Laine doesn't and Connor is a deadly finisher.

The question is, where is the line between a realistically optimized lineup with this roster, and unrealistic expectation of perfection from all lines. Only experimentation can reveal that for sure.
While we now have Eakins.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
2 shooters on the same line, especially top 6 is really inefficient especially when they play so differently. PoMo won’t do it because he seems more concerned about keeping Wheeler happy then actually coaching.

Well the first line has Ehlers and Chef as shooters, and Wheeler is no slouch either.

I would consider Laine a pretty much a balanced player now. Not just a shooter. I'm not sure who on the team I would put ahead of him in playmaking based on the eye-test at least.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I would rather see the left had shot. Why would you prefer the right hand shot?

Better for passing over to our two RH shooters (Laine and Scheifele)
If we put a LH guy there then it would probably reshape our whole PP style

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Well the first line has Ehlers and Chef as shooters, and Wheeler is no slouch either.

I would consider Laine a pretty much a balanced player now. Not just a shooter. I'm not sure who on the team I would put ahead of him in playmaking based on the eye-test at least.
Laine is only that because he’s had no choice. Ehlers shoots, but he’s the least pure shooter outside of Wheeler in the top 6.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
People doubting Schief need to SHUT THE f*ck UP now

:sarcasm:
If the conclusion is that Scheifele's a-ok after he scores 3 against the cellar dwelling Sens, then me thinks that is more than a little presumptious.
He's been getting schooled and shut down against REAL defences the last month.
Let's see how he does the next week or two before taking his one game goalfest as gospel.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Okay, here's the real test (according to George Carlin anyway)... shit, piss, f*ck, :eek::eek::eek::eek:, c*cks*cker, motherf*cker and tits

EDIT: I'm loving this new filter! :laugh:
I don’t get how this place is moderated at times with filter and the circumvention aspect.....

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Yikes to the millions and easy life?
Yeah, I was surprised to see so many Jets fans in the crowd. Nice that the guys got some love from the folks at the game so it wasn't an entirely hostile atmosphere. Man oh man Papa Tkachuk has really chunked up. Is that what Matthew and Brady can look forward to when their playing days end? Yikes...
There are lots of former NHL players (Teemu Selanne comes to mind) who have their millions and easy life but are in relatively good shape. Retirement does not have to = letting yourself go to the point your life/health could be at risk. This is just based on my visual of Tkachuk. For all I know, he's VERY healthy, even given his major weight gain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad